1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 AM

Hello from New York

I have had a pistol license since 1974 and sold my last 1911 in 1996 when I replaced it with a S&W Performance Center Shorty 45. I decided to add a new 1911 to my collection and found this site invaluable in helping me decide which one.

Alan
Old 05-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Welcome aboard, but it's hard to have just one for long So what did you decide on?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:10 AM

Welcome from an ex-upstater. Born raised in albany, transferred to south as young adult and been here forever since. They call us "damn Yankees" cause once we got here here we ain't moving back

Enjoy the forums. Did you get a 1911 yet? If so pictures are always welcome, if not have fun searching for answers to any questions you may have.

Bluesdog
Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 AM

Ex LI'er here myself. Always had an interest in firearms as a kid & relocated here to the gunshine state in 2004. Being that I was living in NY most of my life the gun hobby really started out when I had made the move. Thats a hell of a long time you have had your pistol license btw & welcome to the forum !
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubie02 View Post
Welcome aboard, but it's hard to have just one for long So what did you decide on?
I decided on a 9mm STI Ranger II that Bob Cogan is customizing with an action job, fiber optic sights, and hard chrome finish.

Alan
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMA View Post
Ex LI'er here myself. Always had an interest in firearms as a kid & relocated here to the gunshine state in 2004. Being that I was living in NY most of my life the gun hobby really started out when I had made the move. Thats a hell of a long time you have had your pistol license btw & welcome to the forum !
I grew up on Long Island as well and loved guns from early childhood but like you had to wait till I moved (upstate) to really get into the gun hobby.

Alan
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Yes living on LI or better yet NYC is pretty tough to enjoy the hobby I know. My buddy however lives in Nassau County and has a pistol permit w several nice 1911's & HK's along with a custom Hi Power by Garthwaite.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:09 PM

The STi's are a nice choice
Old 05-27-2012, 01:19 PM

Welcome. There are all kinds of great 1911s.

Grumpy
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubie02 View Post
The STi's are a nice choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinShooter View Post
Welcome. There are all kinds of great 1911s.
This is why 1911 Forum is such a great site. Most of my guns came from old name companies like S&W or Colt and when I wanted a new pistol I knew nothing about the many new-to-me companies making 1911s. Searching this site gave me all the information I needed to make a wise choice.

Alan
Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Welcome Bigger Twin, always glad to see people from our state here. I grew up in the Bronx, moved to the Catskills upstate (Mountaindale) with my parents and landed in Rochester after meeting the wife.

I'll bet that STI looks sweet all hard chromed and all, good luck!
Proverbs 29:10 Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Welcome to the forum, From a Yorker...