1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Range Reports

Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Cz75 p07

Being a big Dan Wesson fan and looking at their current offerings from time to time on the CZ website...I found myself becoming more and more curious about the CZ line in itself, so while I was at the LGS last week, I noticed a P07 laying in the case and just had to have a look see!

Now I know that a lot of the members here don't really care for what is known as "tactical tupperware" (LOL) ...but being a Glock owner...I have come to the realization that I actually like them and as long as they feel good in my hand and I can shoot them well...I don't mind owning them.

So I take this gun in my hand and I immediately took a liking to the contour of the grip as I was able to get a sure hold as well as notice the feel of the stippling. It definitely feels more "grippy" than my G19... but not what I would feel as abrasive in any way.

It's a DA/SA with de-cocker and comes with an added ambidextrous slide lock for those who like a full ambi handgun as well as two 16 round magazines.

A few pics with my G19 for size comparison...

Took it home and fondled it for a few days as well as disassemble and give it a good cleaning. The gun was actually pretty clean for a new gun...so cleaning didn't really take a lot of time. Greased the rails and oiled up the barrel and off we go to the indoor range with 100 rounds of 9mm 115g FMJ Speer Lawman as well as some assorted HP or different flavors.

The gun blew thru that ammo like a dream and never even came close to a hiccup. 100% reliable!

I noticed the trigger was a little different from what I'm used too. In S/A it has noticeable take up and a bit of creep...but it's a smooth motion with a crisp break. In D/A...of course...it's a longer pull, but not what consider stiff. I don't really shoot a lot of D/A but in my opinion it was a smooth transition to the fall of the hammer.

It took a little getting used to...but after a few shots, I came to realize that I REALLY like this gun!!

As far as accuracy...these pics show a ragged hole at 10 yards at a little under 2" and above that my group opened up a little at 15 yards.

Ran another target out to 25 yards and shot as fast as I could acquire center mass. I wasn't trying to be precise...just point and shoot the bad guy!!

This gun makes me want to take additional looks at CZ and hopefully some time later...I can add another one to the family. I really enjoyed shooting it and I think I came out pretty good for $469.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Nice
Old 05-26-2012, 10:01 PM

CZ's are classic!!!

A few things...

-CZ design, in its many different iterations, is as classic, and as prevalent around the world as the 1911, M92, close even to the ubiquitous AK and her variants.

-every CZ I have shot has performed as well as the Glock I was carrying that day, and I own nearly every Glock made! Similarly priced, however my Glocks are simpler to work on.

-From my nieve recollection, I could have sworn to recognize certain charcters abroad - serving the greater good I assure you! - possessed a foundness for CZ's back in the day...

Toss me in a rat hole 12,500 miles away armed with a 9mm CZ and a dozen or so mags, and I think I will cope just fine!!!!

God Bless the Men & Women of our country's Armed Forces.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Numbers View Post

It's a DA/SA with de-cocker and comes with an added ambidextrous slide lock for those who like a full ambi handgun as well as two 16 round magazines.
After digging a little further on what I thought was an ambidextrous slide lock...it is actually a conversion for taking the gun from a de-cocker to a thumb safety version. Since I prefer condition one...I made the conversion. No tools needed and after finding a You*tube video on the procedure, it took about 2 minutes start to finish. Piece of cake!!

Safety OFF...in D/A mode...

Safety ON... cocked and locked...
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGELO View Post
A few things...

-CZ design, in its many different iterations, is as classic, and as prevalent around the world as the 1911, M92, close even to the ubiquitous AK and her variants.

-every CZ I have shot has performed as well as the Glock I was carrying that day, and I own nearly every Glock made! Similarly priced, however my Glocks are simpler to work on.

-From my nieve recollection, I could have sworn to recognize certain charcters abroad - serving the greater good I assure you! - possessed a foundness for CZ's back in the day...

Toss me in a rat hole 12,500 miles away armed with a 9mm CZ and a dozen or so mags, and I think I will cope just fine!!!!
Being as how I'm a CZ newbie...all I can say is... I LIKE THIS GUN!!!

I can't wait to get back to the range and run it again. I can already see another one coming soon.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned

I handeled the gun today also and I was as impressed of how it fits my hand also, this is a great gun. I also handeled one of the older models the P1 and that gun also fits my hand as a glove to a point that I am thinking of getting one or the other.
Great buy enjoy your gun.
BTW I enjoy your taste in targets they are my kind of targets.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:18 AM

I have the CZ in my signature. I almost like it more than my 1911

Colt 45: The Single Action Army, the M1911, and a liquor
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
Either way, if someone needs to get/be wasted, there's a Colt 45 for the job!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:39 AM

I used to have a full sized cz and still have a P-01--wish they'd make a lightweight regular compact again. Any cz I have owned or fired has runn 100% and been quite accurate, what's not to like? Well, they could have a bit better sights maybe but otherwise.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubie02 View Post
I used to have a full sized cz and still have a P-01--wish they'd make a lightweight regular compact again. Any cz I have owned or fired has runn 100% and been quite accurate, what's not to like? Well, they could have a bit better sights maybe but otherwise.
Sight's are the only thing I hate on CZ's, that &^%$# green paint SUCKS (ask me how I really feel )

I use model paint to tap a dap of white on mine and that helps 100%. I'm taking 2 75B's and a 75B Compact to the range later

Your right about CZ needing a lighter "normal" compact lightweight. The Compact is my CCW gun and a tad heavy, I'm thinking of getting a P07 or P01...only thing bugging me on the 07 is that trigger guard looks goofyish
Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 AM

The sights on the P07 use the same white dot front and rear outline as the Glock, so they were very easy to acquire....and I agree on the trigger guard. It's kinda squared off but in my opinion it fits the overall shape of the gun.

I wouldnt mind getting a 75B myself...or even a SP01 for more of a full size range gun. From what I have read and heard, they fit your hand like a glove and are a real pleasure to shoot...and of course that undeniable reliability. That's what pretty much made my mind up on the P07. Although its a polymer frame, the way they designed the grip to fit your hand is just...comfortable! I have owned polymer framed SIGs as well as HK, Glock...and in my opinion this CZ outshines all of them as far as comfort goes. You feel it as soon as you take it in your hand.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member

Last edited by Johnny Numbers; 05-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
The sights on the P07 use the same white dot front and rear outline as the Glock, so they were very easy to acquire....and I agree on the trigger guard. It's kinda squared off but in my opinion it fits the overall shape of the gun.

I wouldnt mind getting a 75B myself...or even a SP01 for more of a full size range gun. From what I have read and heard, they fit your hand like a glove and are a real pleasure to shoot...and of course that undeniable reliability. That's what pretty much made my mind up on the P07. Although its a polymer frame, the way they designed the grip to fit your hand is just...comfortable! I have owned polymer framed SIGs as well as HK, Glock...and in my opinion this CZ outshines all of them as far as comfort goes. You feel it as soon as you take it in your hand.
I've always been leary of polymer myself but I figure by now it's proven itself.

Get a 75b. I've looked at the SP01 and while their sweet for a range gun you don't need that tacticalcool rail under.

One thing CZ-USA has started doing is installing "freedrop" mag brakes in 75b's, I found out when I bought my latest one. Myself, I like the older style friction mag brake and got one for my newest one(pain in the tail to install ).

My CZ herd as it were, the 2 tone is the oldest (late 90's, 1st one I bought ) 2 75B and a 85b plus the Compact

The only safe queen in the lot is the 1995 dated one I found with a VERY low serial number on it a couple years ago INIB for $375.00 bucks at a gun show Let's just say it's my "in case of Zombies" CZ...I ran 100 rounds through it to check and and tucked it away....even has a California import stamp on it and you know that's been awhile since CZUSA was based there
Old 05-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flynn View Post
Your right about CZ needing a lighter "normal" compact lightweight. The Compact is my CCW gun and a tad heavy, I'm thinking of getting a P07 or P01...only thing bugging me on the 07 is that trigger guard looks goofyish
yeah the main thing I dislike about the p-01 is the extra width and bulk of the slide with the guiderail, which is not desirable in a carry gun as far as I am concerned. You would think the lightweight regular compact would be a no-brainer, but I would guess the old one they made briefly must not have sold at the time. Still, there are many more lightweight models of other handguns around these days and I think it might sell better now, they should try another run.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM

One thing about the P07 that I noticed right away...is it's kind of wide. You can see it in the pic where I showed the view of the muzzle side by side with the G19. I would carry this gun, but most likely in the winter when I can conceal it with a jacket.

As far as weight and comparing to the G19...

CZ lists the P07 at 1.700 lbs (27.2 oz.) They don't list it as loaded or unloaded.

The G19 is 20.99 oz ... 29.98 oz. loaded.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

You look like you enjoy it!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:

My CZ herd as it were, the 2 tone is the oldest (late 90's, 1st one I bought ) 2 75B and a 85b plus the Compact

The only safe queen in the lot is the 1995 dated one I found with a VERY low serial number on it a couple years ago INIB for $375.00 bucks at a gun show Let's just say it's my "in case of Zombies" CZ...I ran 100 rounds through it to check and and tucked it away....even has a California import stamp on it and you know that's been awhile since CZUSA was based there
Nice "herd"...by the way!!

Yeah I'm thinking I like the 75B in a full size. I'll have one...one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
You look like you enjoy it!
What would give you that idea? LOL!!

Yeah...in the short time I have had it, I can say that I think I made a good choice. There really isn't anything about this gun that I don't like.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-27-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Nice "herd"...by the way!!

Yeah I'm thinking I like the 75B in a full size. I'll have one...one of these days.

Danke

Just got back from the range myself, not a great day I forgot my binoc's and couldn't see where my shot's were going (15 yard outdoor range). Pulling to the left but keeping it in the 8 ring. I think I was trying too hard and not letting myself "feel" the guns. I'm getting my CCW next month and kept thinking about that...here in Ohio you need 15 in the 8 ring at 7 yards....I kept trying to hard. That and I had a couple stovepipes 1st 20 rounds out, changed mag's and took care of that but it threw me off my feed.

Mag's ok, needed some cleaning...ran 50 rounds through it after that without problems but I went from "target" to "test mag" mood too

Last edited by Don Flynn; 05-27-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:52 AM

I'm waiting on the full size version of this (P-09) to come out later this year and will definitely be picking one up.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Sight's are the only thing I hate on CZ's, that &^%$# green paint SUCKS (ask me how I really feel )

I use model paint to tap a dap of white on mine and that helps 100%. I'm taking 2 75B's and a 75B Compact to the range later

I didn't really like the green sights either, but then I realized they're like a sort of rudimentary, glow-in-the-dark night sights. They don't glow on their own, they have to be exposed to light first.

Colt 45: The Single Action Army, the M1911, and a liquor
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesloth View Post
Either way, if someone needs to get/be wasted, there's a Colt 45 for the job!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed86 View Post
I didn't really like the green sights either, but then I realized they're like a sort of rudimentary, glow-in-the-dark night sights. They don't glow on their own, they have to be exposed to light first.
Paint loses it's glow after a few years, my 1st 75b is 15 years old and that does'nt work anymore
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 PM

I bought the p07 right when they came out, unfortunately its got the dreaded frame bulge. Not sure when it happened but some where between the time I bought it and 4-5000 rounds later it happened. Has yet to cause any problems with function.
I do have some problems with the slide closing prematurely when inserting a loaded magazine though. From all the research I have done these are both common issues, after contacting CZ they basically said that the early generation guns had these issues. If there are no malfunctions happening they will not replace the frame.