Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:53 AM

Well Miami PD Put down the first zombie

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1548359.html

What the heck is going on anymore
Old 05-27-2012, 02:55 AM

Oh and here's the link to the desktop site of the same article for those not tapatalking:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1548359.html
Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 AM

That's disgusting. I couldn't get past first couple sentences. The residents of Sodom& Gomorrah have you be thinking what was the big deal about what they were doing.

Bluesdog
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Naked man biting someone in the head/face. The first shot didn't do it, likely missed on the first shot. Witnesses say they heard up to six more shots. Attacker killed.

The cop could have used a tazer or gone all Rodney King on the guy and avoided the risk of killing the victim.

I can't say I wouldn't have shot him too... but isn't LE trained to use deadly force only when absolutely necessary? The guy was naked armed only with his teeth.

His crime was biting. Hardly a capitol offense.

Hold the liberal/hug the guy and tuck him in bed flames please. ....just asking. Didn't the cop put his career in jeopardy by NOT reaching for his tazer first?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:41 AM

Just a question here about using the taser. If the cop would have tried to use the taser and the the BG was in contact with the victim wouldn't the cop just be tasing the victim? As the current would just pass through the BG while he was in contact with the victim?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Chewing someone's face off is deadly physical force.

That warrants an appropriate response.

The officer took the correct course of action.

How eager would you be to engage in close combat with someone covered in two sets of bodily fluids?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Average Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-shooter View Post
The cop could have used a tazer or gone all Rodney King on the guy and avoided the risk of killing the victim.
When he's chewing your face off, be sure to tell the nice officer that not only does he need to get the guy off of you, he needs to do it using the minimal force possible.

I, on the other hand, would like the officer to do it ASAP, using the technique with the highest likelihood of immediate success.

I think he made a clutch decision in a difficult scenario.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post
When he's chewing your face off, be sure to tell the nice officer that not only does he need to get the guy off of you, he needs to do it using the minimal force possible.

I, on the other hand, would like the officer to do it ASAP, using the technique with the highest likelihood of immediate success.

I agree. I'm pretty sure I would have shot PDQ.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM

I am pretty sure that the victim, who according to reports I read earlier this morning was hospitalized in critical condition, is glad that the cop did not dither. It was a good shoot and anything other than shooting would have been a damned poor choice at best. This is one where the proper response is to charge the offender and get as close as possible, then shoot until the problem is resolved. Contact or near contact shots to reduce the risk to the victim and enhance the delivery of force to the offender? Good.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 AM

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...macarthur.html

Video shows the incident as it occurred prior to police presence, the shooting and aftermath.

Focus on the lower left of the screen; combatants are prone.

PD arrives on scene 1:06 into the video.

Watch the officers reactions as he exits the RMP

Last edited by Starship Enterpris; 05-27-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 PM

most every zombie movie starts with the weird "isolated incident". Hope he shot him at least once in the head. Just sayin'.

Last edited by scubie02; 05-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Burke View Post

I agree. And if one shot didnt kill, or even startle the guy, a taser wouldn't be that effective. Tasers are great tools but there are plenty of videos out there of people being tased and fighting through it.

Here is the article from the Miami Herald: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/2...macarthur.html

Apparently he was suffering from "cocaine psychosis" I doubt he would feel the taser
Old 05-27-2012, 01:44 PM

Thats nuts... I have heard of the cocaine psychosis before but i dont know how that would make you become carnivorous and wanting to eat human flesh like that... It will be interesting to see if they ever uncover the true reasoning behind it
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 PM

*cough*zombie*cough*

every zombie movie out there starts with the person who must have been on drugs...and they already had that other guy they had to subdue who was incoherent on a plane in FL...

Last edited by scubie02; 05-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 PM

^^^^^
Hence why I CWL carry every single solitary day here in these parts.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:32 PM

If you (as a CCP holder) happened upon this scene, would you have shot the naked man who was eating the victim? If so, do you think the news media would hail you as a hero?
I'm glad a private citizen didn't have to stop this attack.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you (as a CCP holder) happened upon this scene, would you have shot the naked man who was eating the victim? If so, do you think the news media would hail you as a hero?
Does the news media ever call a private citizen a hero after stopping an attack?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All I can assure you is that the face eating nutcase wouldn't be making a snack out of my face.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 AM

That is down right freaking scary.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-shooter View Post
Naked man biting someone in the head/face. The first shot didn't do it, likely missed on the first shot. Witnesses say they heard up to six more shots. Attacker killed.

I can't say I wouldn't have shot him too... but isn't LE trained to use deadly force only when absolutely necessary? The guy was naked armed only with his teeth.

His crime was biting. Hardly a capitol offense.

Hold the liberal/hug the guy and tuck him in bed flames please. ....just asking. Didn't the cop put his career in jeopardy by NOT reaching for his tazer first?
From what I read, it wasn't just a guy biting someone, the victim is in critical condition without enough of a face left for identification...... I do believe that justifies use of deadly force anywhere in the US, for anyone in the US. Add to that that the guy didn't stop after being shot, just proves that the LEO made the right call.....

Dan
Old 05-29-2012, 02:53 AM

How sick!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 AM

I've seen a picture of the victim. I won't post a link because I'm still disturbed and wish I never saw it. The guy literally is missing his face. I'm a LEO and I would have used deadly force if I came across that scene and the guy didn't respond to my commands. Truly disturbing.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7east View Post
I've seen a picture of the victim. I won't post a link because I'm still disturbed and wish I never saw it. The guy literally is missing his face. I'm a LEO and I would have used deadly force if I came across that scene and the guy didn't respond to my commands. Truly disturbing.
From what I've read, this wasn't just biting, this was a full-on animal-like attack that would certainly have killed the victim more sooner than later. Deadly force was no doubt justified. That would apply to a LEO and a private citizen (under the "defense of a third party" aspect of self defense laws).

By the way, what in the Hell are they putting in the water in Florida? Every other crazy case you see on the news seems to come out of the Sunshine State!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Think about this.
martin/zimmerman
Very similar, different players one being a Leo, what if the shooter had not been a leo?
Wouldn't we be discusing this a little differently
Just a thought

Gary
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM

saw this story yesterday and man that is messed up. Eating another persons face, that is just beyond messed up.
Closed Thread