1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Rock Island Armory

Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM

Ria tcm 22

Ladys and Gentleman, I just received my RIA TCM 22 today and could not wait to get it home and put some rounds through it and WOW what a gun I was dinging steel targets at about 100 yards.Now their was some strays that went somewhere 17 rounds 10 dings at a 100 yards damn...........
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 PM

Unofficial forum rules...no pics...didn't happen.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-22-2012, 06:35 AM

Did you notice the 22TCM fired shells starting to stick after 10 - 15 rounds?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 AM

I, too, just picked up an RIA 22TCM yesterday. Since I can't find and .22TCM ammo locally (will have to order from cheaperthandirt), I immediately switch the extractor, recoil spring, and barrel over to the 9mm. Hope to get it out sometime this weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Where did you guys find those? I've been searching far and wide for about 2 months. Every place I look, locally and online; all say on back order. Would REALLY like to get one. Thanks for the help.
Bob
Old 05-26-2012, 06:34 PM

The RIA/ Armscor delivery system is something of a mystery. You just have to keep looking through your sources, then one will show up.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 AM

I bought mine at Sovereign Arms in Arnold, MO. Went there not intending to spend any money (isn't that the way it always happens?), and saw the TCM in the glass. They really didn't know anything about it other than it was rare and came with a .22TCM barrel and 9mm barrel. I informed them a little bit of the history of the TCM, Fred Craig's development, Atomitronx, then working with Amscor on a mass produced version. Anyway, $635 out the door.

BTW, if anyone just HAS to have one of these and have a little more money laying around, you can order a custom-made .22 Micro Mag from Atomitronx (Fred Craig) that does the same thing, auguably better, for ~$1100 for both barrels. Craig's guns truly are custom, much in the same line as Baer, Wilson's, Browns, etc., but still much less expensive. Fred also sells .22TCM ammo (his, not Armscor) and reloads your spent brass for 1/3 the price of new ammo.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM

I gotta know is the fireball as impressive as I keep hearing. I've looked everywhere I know and can't get my hands on one. Thought I had a bead on one on Gallery of guns said 1 avail. walk to the other room grab my card get back to computer go to place the order and dang N/A. I got sniped by someone. aaarrggghhhh
Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryUgly View Post
I gotta know is the fireball as impressive as I keep hearing. I've looked everywhere I know and can't get my hands on one. Thought I had a bead on one on Gallery of guns said 1 avail. walk to the other room grab my card get back to computer go to place the order and dang N/A. I got sniped by someone. aaarrggghhhh
fireball every shot
Old 06-02-2012, 11:34 AM

My lgs has one
Old 06-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Love this gun! My local gun store here in Lawton, OK, Uncle Sams had one, and as much as I have been following the TCMs progress, did not hesitate to purchase on sight. Bought out all their ammo which was only 8 boxes and running low already. Ordered ammo from centerfire sys, and cancelled my order after 25 days of waiting. Ordering through advanced tactical now and it's on the way.
I can confirm the gun is loud and fire ball huge, turned heads at my gun club, they thought I was firing a 44 mag. The kick is less than a 38special. I got the tactical sights with this one, and although I like the rear sight, the front sight is a bit big and blocky for me, already thinking about changing it for a fiber. My gun only came with one mag and no extra extractor, armscor sent the extractor in an envelope, with armscor stickers buttons and a pen right away. Real good PR!
After firing about 400 rounds of 22tcm and 300 rounds of 9mm without cleaning it yet, no issues. after changing barrels and spring and using same magazine and used a promag 38super it worked just as well as the stock mag with a little tighter snug fit. Didn't need to change out extractor. Can't wait until the dies come out for this.
Oh yes the 9mm fired about 3inches lower than the 22tcm which was dead on target at 10meters with a tight enough shot group. What a fun gun to shoot, but man I need more ammo hehe. Someone here mentioned Lee's for custom dies, since I'm new on here can I get more info on Lee please.

I will do my best to help answer any questions any one may have on this gun. Oh yes a friend of mine took the 22tcm end apart and noted the small ball bearing like powder to be like rifle powder, and he said about 9 -9.5 on the amount as well. Have about 1000 more rounds coming in on order and will be doing some pics.