1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Legal & Political News

Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM

From what I read she already had 2 felony or arrests with a firearm/deadly weapon. And I guess Florida has a 3 strike rule regarding those types of crimes. This was her 3rd offense and thus carried a mandatory sentence. Also, I'd like to point out the prosecutor offered here a plea involving a 2 or 3 year sentence and even reminded her of the 3rd strike mandatory.

My opinion, he surrendered she shouldn't have discharged the weapon. Also, I'm sure she wasn't just some damsel in distress and probably had a hand in the escalation of the situation. I could care less if she was sentenced to life.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM

I think the lesson for this story is the same lesson people should have learned from the Martin/Zimmerman incident. Do not accept any story, much less any story about guns, from the liberal media at face value. They always have an agenda and they only present the facts they want. Remember how the Martin/Zimmerman story was initially presented? Racist gun toter stalks and hunts down poor little black kid eating a bag of Skittles. This story about the Florida woman is no different. If you don't peel away the layers and get the real facts you will not realize that she probably deserved a serious sentence and that the real story was nothing like the media presented it. This is how the media drives public policy. Most people who originally read these stories never got the rest of the story so they went away completely misinformed.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM

It's really sad the media operates this way nowadays. My father-in-law and I were talking and he told me about how back in the day the newspaper was gospel. It was unbiased, no opinions, or ulterior motives. Just facts. Sad really, this is the world we live in.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Pro Tip: It's not a warning shot if you leave, and them come back with a gun, and then miss when you shoot at them.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM

Gotta go with John & Jay on this one. Last report I heard was that her warning shot was really a missed head shot. She should have taken the plea deal.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:32 PM

A new story to watch is just breaking in Colorado. It seems that a young female student got drunk and was trespassing in some millionaire's home, where he shot her. I have not seen details yet....
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 AM

see thread in General Discussion.