1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM

My Black Ops

Everything finally worked out and I was able to pick up my Black Ops today. This gun is awesome. I only put 125 rounds and not one single malfunction out of the box with out being cleaned. I took 100 American eagle 230 grain fmj and 25/230 grain Golden Saber's.

Before I even left the gun shop's parking lot, I loaded both mag's with the Golden Saber's and hand cycled both with no problem's. The slide is smooth, thumb safety is smooth feeling also. The VZ Operator grips are really grippy. They look like they will be rough on the hands, but when shooting it they was comfortable.

The Black Ops is alott more accurate than I am, but I didn't have any problem's keeping a nice small group at 21 feet with it. The range I go to has a max distance of about 70-75 feet. I shot two mag loads at a about a 5 inch target and was able to keep all eight rounds inside it. I thought it was pretty
darn good considering it was the first range trip and my allergies are kicking
my butt.

3-21-12. The fit and finish of the Black Ops is great. Everything fit's tight
and wasn't able to see any tool mark's on any part of the gun. If there is any,
they got Ion Bond covering them. The feed ramp has Ion Bond and no mark's. I'm not certain, but it appears that the mag catch is a little higher. I
have a 3 Springfield 7 round mag, 1 Checkmate 7 round and 1 Wilson Combat 7 round service mag and a
1 WC hd+p 7 round mag. The 3 regular 7 round mag's will be fine seating
once I add some base pads. They have less slack than they do in my
Springfield Champion. The HD+p mag will seat, but I got to give it a firm smack, it will be my Springfield mag. The 3 factory Springfield 7 round mag's
work fine also with the same result as the Checkmate and the service mag.

04-02-12. I solved the issue I had with Wilson Combat HD+p mag. I removed the base pad and filed a little of the top front part of the mag where it fitted up in the notch at the bottom front of the grip. It work's great and I also ordered a .350 extended base pad to replace the flush fitting one on the HD+p mag along with a WC 47 with the same extended .350 base pad. I had to file both of them down also. It didn't take much of the file to the trick. I been intending put longer base pad's on the rest of them, but after getting pinched and getting little blood blister's everytime I shoot either the Para or Springfield.

I took the Black Ops to my brother's and we didn't shot but 50 round's over the weekend that had no failure's at all. We was shooting at can's at 20 yard's and was able to roll them around pretty consistant. My brother really like's it to.
I am a very happy Para owner and I have to thank it all to Travis Tomaise and Para's management.

Last edited by Runt7680; 04-02-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Add more
Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Nice pistol runt, how's the trigger? Did you pick it up locally or online?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stmar View Post
Nice pistol runt, how's the trigger? Did you pick it up locally or online?
The trigger is great, feels like 4-4.5 lbs. I had a PDA 9 that had some issue's and I asked Travis if he could get it replaced. Travis got it done and I was given the choice of the single stack .40 and a few other's. I went with the Black Ops because of the night sight's.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM

That is an awesome Black Ops!

Thank you for the pictures!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:13 PM

Beautiful gun
Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Second range outing.

Today I took 267 rounds to the range for a reliability run. I was not shooting for accuracy, but tried to shoot with some type of grouping. It wasn't no spray and pray grouping.
I had 3 failure's total 2 stove pipe's and a failure to return to full battery. The two stove pipe's happened with my Checkmate mag with the Checkmate skirted follower around the 3 rd to last mag of the day. The first one happened on round #6 with a Winchester Ranger T 230 grain. I cleared it and placed that round back into the same place and loaded 5 FMJ to top it back off. Got to the same round #6 again and stove piped again. Loaded it back in the mag and only had them 2 in the mag to see if it would load with the slide release, it loaded and fired. 12 rounds was all that was fired through that mag.

The 3 rd was the failure to return to battery on round # 266. a slight bump to the slide was enough. I fired that number of round's in about 45 minute's. My arm had done got a little tired.

I forgot my 2 factory mag's at home and mainly run my two Wilson Combat mag's( 1/7 round service mag and 1/7 round HD+p mag,) and 3/7 Springfield factory mag's with the flat dimpled follower. Them 5 ran 100% and the only one that bobbled was the Checkmate.

I have a total of 392 rounds of ammo through it with 3 failure's. I have fired a 100 of each American Eagle 230gr, WWB 230gr & Remington UMC 230gr in the green and white 50 round box. 25 Golden Saber's 230gr, 27 PDX1, 25 Ranger T and 15 Remington UMC 230gr JHP.

I don't consider any failure to be the gun's fault. That's the thing about the 1911 model's. Just because it work's in one, don't mean it will work in the other. Maybe it don't like that style of follower in the Checkmate mag, no big deal, I'll use it my Springfield or put a flat follower in it and try it. And I can't blame the FTRTB on the gun when fatigue was the cause.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Leather for my Black Ops

I got my C-Flex IWB holster and OWB mag holder in horse leather with natural oil finish yesterday from Kelley Gunleather. Wore it for about 3 hour's today and it feel's great.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 AM

That looks sweet. Did you get me one?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls414 View Post
That looks sweet. Did you get me one?
Darn, I knew I forgot something
Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the great pics of the Black Ops with the rig!

What an awesome setup
Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Tomasie View Post
Thanks for the great pics of the Black Ops with the rig!

What an awesome setup
Thank's Travis, it's an awesome piece to carry.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Range trip today

My brother inlaw that's stationed at Fort Sill, Ok at the Airforce base and I went to the range today and shot the Black Ops along with my Ruger Super Redhawk 44mag, S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger P95 9mm, Beretta PX4 Storm SC 9mm, 2 Browning Buckmark 22's , Springfield Champion and shot another guy's Ruger LC9 which I thought was a terrific little gun.

We only ran 100 round's through the Black Ops with ZERO problem's. He really like's the BO and so did the guy that let me shoot his LC9. I'm up to around 550 round's down range with 3 malfunction's which 2 was the mag and 1 was the shooter.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM

Great report, thanks! That is a serious arsenal you took with you.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 PM

I love my black watch
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0726.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM

Range report

I just left the range and I had another trouble free day. I ran 116 WWB and 14 Winchester Ranger T 230 grain standard pressure. I'm up to 680 rounds total and no malfunction's since round #391 that was limp wristed.

My accuracy still don't compare to what my Black Ops is able to do.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM

Awesome! Thank you for the report!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Banned

That's a fine looking firearm!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
That's a fine looking firearm!
Thx, picture's don't do it justice.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 AM

I found a little time to hit the range over the weekend and shot 121 round's through the Black Ops. I had 3 malfunction's with my Springfield factory mag. It would feed the round if I slingshot or hit tge slide release, but once it was fired it would jam the round between the mag and top of the barrel at an angle. I tried the same mag in my Springfield Champion and it done the same exact thing. The good thing was, it was the first mag I loaded. The other 118 round's ran without a hiccup with my other 6 mag's I brought with me. I'm up to 801 round's and not the first issue that could be traced back to my Black Ops.