1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 AM

Osprey or Ti-Rant

On my Nighthawk AAC (minus the in my opinion cheesy aac billboards behind rear cocking serrations) with recon frame and ambi-safety

Osprey or Ti-Rant (in 45 naturally) deciding factors for me be'n:

Reliability in general and which ones Nelson do -hicky is more consistently reliable

Accuracy, P.O.I. shift at varying distance 5s 15s 25s 50s and dare I say beyond

Sound Suppression, from what I've found online it's kinda splittin hairs in sound comparison, please elaborate with personal experience wet/dry

Any info would be appreciated or won't frankly you'll never really know because theres no way to verify the sincerity of my gratitude
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Search my screen name for my threads on the AAC/TiRant combo. That is what I have and love it. Honestly I have no Oprey experience, but I have a Sparrow, and if it is any indication of SilencerCo products the Osprey would be just as good.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 AM

I have the Osprey and love it. No POI shift on the NH AAC. Excellent noise reduction, function has been 100%. I don't think you would have a problem with either suppressor. Unfortunatly Ive never been able to shoot them side by side. From what I understand the first round pop is slightly louder with the osprey but follow up shots are quieter. I think the difference is extremely minimal though and not sure if you can actually tell with your own ears.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:29 AM

Both are excellent suppressors.

To my ear and most I know, the sound goes to AAC. The Osprey, being a Monocore design has a bit of first round pop and the tone of the sound is not as pleasing as the TiRant.

Both have the ability to convert the 45 version to use with 9mm and 40S&W, should that interest you.

The TiRant does have the edge that, for the last couple of years of production, you can remove the baffles for cleaning. You can not do that with the Osprey.

As to availability, I think just about every company right now is backordered. See what you can find in stock in your area, or both have distributors that may have them in stock.

Excellent pistol by the way.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM

Those are probably the two best handgun suppressors on the market right now. You wouldnt go wrong with either. From my experience, I would spend my money on the Ti-rant.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 AM

I have the TiRant for .45 and 9mm, love em.