1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 PM

GunRights P14 still made in Canada?

I purchased a Gun Rights P14 .45acp from a NY gun store new in box in September, 2011. It even came with a pre-ban 14rd stainless magazine.

It still had the "Made in Canada" and "Ft. Lauderdale" makings on it. I'm not complaining, but I figured after about, what, 3 or 4 years after moving to Pineville, NC, it would have been made there. I hope NRA/ILA still is getting their $ from my purchase; it definately helped my decision in buying it.

Any thoughts on this? Is all Para production from NC now?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolerom14 View Post
Is all Para production from NC now?
Yes Sir!

Best regards,
Travis
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 AM

I believe that Para moved the manufacturing to NC in 2008. I have copies of some old catalogs. The Gun Rights pistol first appeared in the 2008 catalog. A photo shows Ft Lauderdale stamped on the frame. It appeared in the 2009 catalog. A photo also shows Ft Lauderdale on the frame. The 2010 catalog has a photo showing Pineville, NC on the frame.

The March 2008 issue of Combat Handguns featured the debut of the Gun Rights pistol. Photos also show Ft Lauderdale on the frame.

My guess is that your Gun Rights pistol might have been manufactured in Canada in 2008 and either remained unsold at the dealer for 3 years or just looked new and it wasn't. Or perhaps Para shipped its parts inventory to NC for later assembly and frames were already stamped.

Call Para toll free 888-999-9386 and they'll tell you when it was manufactured from the serial number.