1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Parts and Accessories Bin

Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 PM

Promag archangel magwell grips

I saw these grips at midway fairly cheap(under $30). I searched all over and couldn't find any reviews but for the price I decided to take a chance and ordered them. I just recieved them today, forgive the grainy pics my good camera is broke.

first off they are made from an aluminum alloy of some kind (cast most likely)they are 2 pieces that are held in place with the grip screws and 1 allen head screw that holds the flare portion together. the checkering is nice, not too rough but enough to be comfortable.With a nice border on them. The website said some minor fitting my be needed. they were a complete drop in on my springfield. The magwell lines up decent, they are already ambi cut. There isn't any gaps between the grips and the frame.

All in all I am very pleased with them. They look good and didn't break the bank. The only negative I could find is they are advertised as being black but they are more of a gray color.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Interesting product. Have never seen a grip/magwell combo. I have a long slide I was thinking of putting a magwell on and the magwell alone would be $80-$100 and then you have to look at the cost of full cut grips to fit the bottom of the magwell so there's another $30-$50. For what those cost, I'd say great deal. I wonder how well they'd hold a coating like Cerakote?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 PM

I was actually just looking for some different grips when I found these. I wasn't expecting much given the price and they were from promag. I was surprised how well they looked when I recieved them. I would think that would hold a refinishing fairly well. I'm not sure what finish is on them now but it looks nice and smooth. You should be able to blast them easy enough.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteenelevenfan View Post
Interesting product. Have never seen a grip/magwell combo.
Sig uses the grips to form a mag-well on some of their 226's, the Tactical comes to mind and I think the X5. I had one at one time and thought it was a pretty cost effective idea.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Hogue has a similar design that they call the Extreme series.
http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...ath=734_50_633