Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Legal & Political News

Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 AM

All I can say, its CA.

The beacon of personal safety and crime free utopia
Old 05-24-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspoon View Post
How do they ever expect anyone in California to reload?
They don't......
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 AM

My state govt. sucks. There are all a bunch of clowns and @$$h@ts. Can't vote them out of office because the rational and sane people are vastly outnumbered by the crazies. Out here, the inmates are running the asylum. Like Gallagher said,
"Living in California is like living in a bowl of Granola. What ain't fruits and nuts, is flakes."
All I can say is I'm thankful for Gene Hoffman and Calguns. I know some others on this forum are too. He's our Luke Skywalker. Our last, best hope.
Ryan
COTEP Member #13
1911 affishi... afici... ufishi...collector.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 AM

My AR-15 is not a sporting or hunting rifle. My AR-15 is a weapon that I own that is used for target practice and self defense. I'm so glad I don't live in California and really have no interest in ever going there while their politics are so backwards.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:23 AM

I use to defend my state on a daily basis while in the Corps. What with homosexuals, "hollywood" (eastcost Marines will get that), and the horrible gun laws.

Im truly sick of it. Laws like this only hurt the law abiding, which as every knows criminals are not.

Im sorry but I am a law abiding member of this country. I fought in wars for our rights(just as many forum members here have), 2A being one of them. I will not hand over my firearms to no man, I have not killed anyone unjustly, I have not robbed a bank, I have not threatened anyone at gun point, I do not sell nor use drugs, I dont even drink alcohol. Any more perfect and I would need to become a priest.

While I hate to start a life of crime, it seems this senator insists on me starting. When the laws endanger those who I love and promissed to protect above all else, that is the time to stop following those laws. I live in a bad neighbor hood, my friend likes to call it "ghetto adjacent". I have a family to protect as well as friends who live near by. Right now my block knows me, they would rather not start anything just as I would rather they not.

I do not wish to think of how fast things might degrade once AWs, and hell all guns(we know thats where this is going) are gone and then only the criminals and cops have the guns. I already know it takes 20min for them to show up (I dont blame them, I blame the cutbacks). While the only gun they dont know I have is a black powder cap n ball 6 shot.

I hope this does not pass, I dont have the money to just move out of CA. If I did I wouldnt be here. How much more must I prove myself to own my guns?!? Name it and Ill do it, I already put up with a 11 day waiting period, a limit of 1 handgun a month, 10rd mags, bullet buttons, powder registration?!?!, mag safeties?!?, drop "safe" tests, approved seller lists, no forward pistol grips, no pistol grip w/o bullet buttons, no folding stocks, no stocks on pistols, and sadly the list no doubt goes on....

-Eric
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePanama View Post
Nice assumptions and painting with a broad brush. With the amounts I give each month to the NRA, GOA, SAf, etc... I should be able to claim them as dependent deductions and there are quite a few other members here who do the same thing.

Careful on assumption, especially on the internet
Relax airborne. That was a shotgun blast. Not directed at anyone in particular. I'm glad you are active. Most aren't. And that's no assumption.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop1980 View Post
I hate the "assault weapon" badge. Seriously, what IS an assault weapon?? A black rifle with a hi cap mag? What if I were to put a tapco stock on a 10/22 and add a 20rd mag..... Is that now an assault weapon? To me, the media clowns throw this assault weapon BS around to scare everyone who doesn't know any better into voting for crap they know nothing about. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.......
Oh, no, hop back up there please. Calling a firearm an "assault weapon" is the first step down their long road to getting it banned, or at least regulated to bits. An AR-15 is no more an assault weapon than Grandpa's Model 1100, and its time we stopped letting the anti-gun folks win the "hearts and minds" battles with that crap.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubajosh77 View Post
Relax airborne. That was a shotgun blast. Not directed at anyone in particular. I'm glad you are active. Most aren't. And that's no assumption.
On this forum I have found most of the membership is actually pretty active in both the local and national levels.

I'm not a big fan of shotgun blasts, didn't care for them in the service either

I prefer to call a "spade a spade" when it actually applies to the individual, not labeling groups in general
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop1980 View Post
I hate the "assault weapon" badge. Seriously, what IS an assault weapon?? A black rifle with a hi cap mag? What if I were to put a tapco stock on a 10/22 and add a 20rd mag..... Is that now an assault weapon? To me, the media clowns throw this assault weapon BS around to scare everyone who doesn't know any better into voting for crap they know nothing about. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.......

Does that clarify it for you?

Mike.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Average Moderator

Politician pass laws and then are shocked when people follow them. They would've banned ARs if they thought they had the political capital to waste, but they elected instead to just pass a "reasonable" law requiring removable magazines to require a tool.

Now they are upset that people are obeying the law.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM

I really hope that his bill not only was shot down but he was made to look like a fool somewhere during the discussion of said bill!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg1005 View Post

Does that clarify it for you?

Mike.
Yup, that about sums it up.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheMarine View Post
I use to defend my state on a daily basis while in the Corps. What with homosexuals, "hollywood" (eastcost Marines will get that), and the horrible gun laws.

Im truly sick of it. Laws like this only hurt the law abiding, which as every knows criminals are not.

Im sorry but I am a law abiding member of this country. I fought in wars for our rights(just as many forum members here have), 2A being one of them. I will not hand over my firearms to no man, I have not killed anyone unjustly, I have not robbed a bank, I have not threatened anyone at gun point, I do not sell nor use drugs, I dont even drink alcohol. Any more perfect and I would need to become a priest.

While I hate to start a life of crime, it seems this senator insists on me starting. When the laws endanger those who I love and promissed to protect above all else, that is the time to stop following those laws. I live in a bad neighbor hood, my friend likes to call it "ghetto adjacent". I have a family to protect as well as friends who live near by. Right now my block knows me, they would rather not start anything just as I would rather they not.

I do not wish to think of how fast things might degrade once AWs, and hell all guns(we know thats where this is going) are gone and then only the criminals and cops have the guns. I already know it takes 20min for them to show up (I dont blame them, I blame the cutbacks). While the only gun they dont know I have is a black powder cap n ball 6 shot.

I hope this does not pass, I dont have the money to just move out of CA. If I did I wouldnt be here. How much more must I prove myself to own my guns?!? Name it and Ill do it, I already put up with a 11 day waiting period, a limit of 1 handgun a month, 10rd mags, bullet buttons, powder registration?!?!, mag safeties?!?, drop "safe" tests, approved seller lists, no forward pistol grips, no pistol grip w/o bullet buttons, no folding stocks, no stocks on pistols, and sadly the list no doubt goes on....

-Eric
First off, thank you for your Service.

Forgive me for saying so, but a few hours north or east will get you out of California. All you have to do is keep going and don't look back with your basic papers that you will need to establish new DL etc.

When I left Maryland and settled in the south, it took a half day max to move money, DL's new PO Box etc etc etc. Done.

What is holding you back from moving today?

When trouble comes, I see in my mind's eye what I saw after Katrina and some of the local destruction with Troops at every place asking for DL to prove residency.

I don't mean moving with a rental truck, boxes etc etc etc. Just simply going to a town that is quiet, maybe within a hour of a good VA and just set up with just the basics until you get settled.

I have been a Trucker and can pretty much settle anywhere but as long my Spouse goes where I go anyplace that is free is home to me.

Last edited by HungrySeagull; 05-25-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungrySeagull View Post
Forgive me for saying so, but a few hours north or east will get you out of California.

What is holding you back from moving today?

I don't mean moving with a rental truck, boxes etc etc etc. Just simply going to a town that is quiet, maybe within a hour of a good VA and just set up with just the basics until you get settled.

I have been a Trucker and can pretty much settle anywhere but as long my Spouse goes where I go anyplace that is free is home to me.
Its far more then just myself at this point and if it was just myself there would be no issue.

Both of my parents are unemployed, if not for my money they would not be able to live on what they have. That explains the separation from family issue.

If I were to try and take them with me, my mother has 3 times a week dyalisis treatments. Not to mention she still has not been approved for the insurance for that treatment, trying to uproot the family is not really an easy option.

Yes im sure I could move out, try to find a job in a different state and hope I can make enough to support myself and have enough left over to send it to them to keep them afloat too. Hell my sister can barely stay on her feet alone, even with gettin the occational "loan" from me here and there.

When I got out the Corps I told myself I would live at home for 30days take it easy then move right out. That was before my dad got laid off, and my mom went to the hospital. No adult enjoys living with their parrents. But I figured I could look like an adult and move out and let them handle thier money issues them selves OR I can act like an adult and sleep on the couch, throw my VA disability, tax refund for the last 4 years, and my paycheck into the house.

Sometimes we all just have to put up with the pain that is life. Im sure more then a few members here have had those points in life where you dont get the luxury of control over it.

Didnt mean to go on that much well hopefully that answered your question

-Eric
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 AM

I live in the state of California or what it has become and I find it very disturbing when I look at FBI, CA DOJ, BAF statistics on violent crimes committed w/ firearms compared to all other state who have LESS GUN restrictive laws like states like Tenesee , Texas , Mississippi, Arizona .........its FREAKEN DISTURBING THAT we rank the highest In violent crimes w/ firearms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and why you would you say that is???........it is truely my belief that in a state where every other household is an ARMED law abiding citizen, Criminals will think twice B4 trying to commit any type of violent crime because they get thier asses SHOT OFF!!!!! and those criminals won't be better armed than our LEO or average citizen!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
Another politician that is convinced he knows what's best for people.
There definitely is a surplus of useless politicians.

Kimber Super Match II, Kimber Rimfire Super
Springfield Range Officer, S&W M637
Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 AM

Interesting reading the bill history
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/po...e=B&author=yee

it started out as an agricultural bill in 2/11 and get completely changed to this on 5/22/12
Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc29 View Post
Interesting reading the bill history
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/po...e=B&author=yee

it started out as an agricultural bill in 2/11 and get completely changed to this on 5/22/12
It's called "G & A" - gut and amend. A wonderful little trick the legislature uses from time to time to allow a bill to get a head start, not go through all those bothersome votes.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Politician horrified at something that is legal, safe, wants to ban it.

I have the same problem; only my thing is stupid politicians.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
The 1911 is a military weapon. How would you feel if they were left to military and law enforcement use only as well?
Thats a good one. Perfect come back.
RIA GI .45- RIA Compact .45 RIA Compact 9mm
GSG 1911 .22
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM

I'm a Californian, born and raised, and I love my state, but its true that our state-gov is dominated by the fruit&nut brigade. Most of the country doesn't realize that the vast majority of Cali is rural/agricultural area occupied by reasonable folks whose kids are active in 4H. Unfortunately, this large area of the state gets routinely trampled by the numerous people of cities like S.F., L.A., and Sacramento, and many of the people whose votes might help us oust these jack***es chose to give in to their frustration and leave the state. I'm not criticizing them, I face that temptation myself every day...
Anyone who thinks Californians don't need AR's to defend themselves must have been in a coma during the Rodney King riots.
Until we can vote the imbeciles out, (or get pushed too far and adopt a more... "Bostonian Solution") We'll just have to keep outwitting the S.O.B.'s. They ban detachable mags, we invent a bullet button. Ban that, we'll invent something else! Like many Californians, I'm in the Machine-shop/aerospace industry. We may not be able (yet) to outvote the "protect us from ourselves" crowd, but we can certainly out-design and out-innovate them!!!!
Wow... that turned into kind of a rant. Sorry.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchostler View Post
the ban sounds like a good idea, afterall look at all the crimes committed in the other states that have ARs with removable clips...LOL
tc
and things which extend.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
Personally im not a big fan of AR style rifles. If they were left to military and law enforcement use only I wouldnt have an issue with it. THE PROBLEM is that the left political machine will not stop with the AR's. Next will be SA pistols, then SA rifles with a clip, then pump action rifles with a clip right on down the line until nobody can own a firearm. They want to ban every law abiding citizen from owning a firearm and have us totally dependant upon the police, in the meantime Holder is giving them to the criminals. Things are bad in NJ also. Everybody know that you cant carry a gun here. Did you know that you are also not allowed to carry mace or a stun gun? How is someone supposed to defend themselves?
I would. I don't even own one. I'd rather have another lever gun than an AR, but IMO it goes against what this country was founded on. I'm very against the idea.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqls1 View Post
i would. I don't even own one. I'd rather have another lever gun than an ar, but imo it goes against what this country was founded on. I'm very against the idea.
+1000

Quote:
"congress has no power to disarm the militia. their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an american ...the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where i trust in god it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - tench coxe, 20 feb 1788;
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 PM

Looks like Yee has a PhD in Child Psychology. I can guarantee you that a San Francisco academic with that academic credential looks down on us from such a high place that he would never, ever listen to reason. I shudder to think that someone like him has counseled children or advised parents on child-rearing.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)