1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 AM

Wilson Combat made my day!

So I woke up this morning with an email from an elderly man that is planning to ride his bike cross country and end back up in Montana eventually. He was looking to purchase his first 1911 or two, one carry model, and an officer's model to carry on his ankle while he bikes across country for protection. So I met up with him on my lunch break at work and sold him one of my stainless Kimber Pro Carry II, with a couple extra mags and a Galco pancake holster. I also sold him my New Agent in 9mm with a Galco ankle glove for him to use on his trip. He had been planning this trip for a couple years now and is finally about to leave in a few days, on the holiday. It made me happy to see how excited he was to purchase his first two 1911's, and that he will be protecting himself with some very fine weapons

So he paid me for the two, and I went back to work from my lunch break. So a couple hours later (this is the part that REALLY made my day), I get a text from this guy I've been chatting with lately, saying that he's ready to get rid of his Wilson 1911, and to text him the address to my work so he can cruise on over and bring it. This was perfect for me because if not for the nice elderly man emailing me to pick up my 1911's, I would not have been ready to make this purchase. I've never owned a higher end model 1911 like a Wilson or a Nighthawk, so I was excited. When he finally arrived and I went out to meet him at his car, I remember thinking to myself, "I hope i'm not about to spend over $2,000 on a new 1911 that will perform and function just like the others.. I hope i'm not just buying a 'name'".. This thought quickly evaporated when I got in to the car and I held it for the first time. It was a Wilson Combat CQB Professional with rail. Nice and clean, and the second I picked it up and gripped it, I could tell something was better than just a regular ole Kimber or Springfield. This firearm is/was amazing!!! I haven't fired it yet, but I could tell that this 1911's quality and craftsmanship was far superior to that of the work put in to a Kimber or Springfield. It just felt so "right" in my hand! I can't wait to take this bad boy to the range on Tuesday and put a box of the nicest ammunition through it!

Anyways, this is why my day was perfect, and i'm really happy that it ended up the way it did and I ended up with an amazing piece of work to add to my collection!!

Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 AM

Great story and a great looking gun. I'm sure you will enjoy years of shooting pleasure with it!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 PM

Congrats on your first Wilson! I certainly hope he doesn't plan on biking through NY, NJ or CT while carrying a gun. If so he may never make it back to MT.

Last edited by .45_ACP; 05-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:25 PM

I love that set up

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Congrats on the new Wilson and a great story. Hope you get to the range this weekend and try it out.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:51 PM

I like that setup. Well done!

I think if i get a pro, it will have a bobtail for sure, and maybe a rail to be a do all gun.
Wilson Combat Firearms: CQB Elite Turnbull Blue / Case Hardened .45, CQB .45, Lightweight Protector Compact .45, CQB Tactical LE.45, CQB-C .45, Stealth .45, Sentinel .45, Colt Custom .45, High-Cap Championship Special .38 Super Race Gun, Spec Ops 9, Scattergun Tech. TR-870 12 ga., UT-15 .223 with W/C .22 Upper, OD ADP 9mm, WC .22 1911 conversion
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM

The guy that sold it to me was nice enough to give me 8 Wilson 47D mags and 1 10 round Wilson mag with it.. I feel like I lucked out for a never fired cqb lightrail only paying $2350
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM

He had a backpack with at least 150 Wilson mags in it.. Pretty impressive lol
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Great story and nice purchase!
~Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Still trying to imagine biking across the country with a 1911 on my ANKLE. . . . . . . .

Good luck with your new piece; range report next please.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Welcome to be the big leagues! I love a bobtail.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalveri View Post
So I woke up this morning with an email from an elderly man that is planning to ride his bike cross country and end back up in Montana eventually. He was looking to purchase his first 1911 or two, one carry model, and an officer's model to carry on his ankle while he bikes across country for protection. So I met up with him on my lunch break at work and sold him one of my stainless Kimber Pro Carry II, with a couple extra mags and a Galco pancake holster. I also sold him my New Agent in 9mm with a Galco ankle glove for him to use on his trip. He had been planning this trip for a couple years now and is finally about to leave in a few days, on the holiday. It made me happy to see how excited he was to purchase his first two 1911's, and that he will be protecting himself with some very fine weapons

So he paid me for the two, and I went back to work from my lunch break. So a couple hours later (this is the part that REALLY made my day), I get a text from this guy I've been chatting with lately, saying that he's ready to get rid of his Wilson 1911, and to text him the address to my work so he can cruise on over and bring it. This was perfect for me because if not for the nice elderly man emailing me to pick up my 1911's, I would not have been ready to make this purchase. I've never owned a higher end model 1911 like a Wilson or a Nighthawk, so I was excited. When he finally arrived and I went out to meet him at his car, I remember thinking to myself, "I hope i'm not about to spend over $2,000 on a new 1911 that will perform and function just like the others.. I hope i'm not just buying a 'name'".. This thought quickly evaporated when I got in to the car and I held it for the first time. It was a Wilson Combat CQB Professional with rail. Nice and clean, and the second I picked it up and gripped it, I could tell something was better than just a regular ole Kimber or Springfield. This firearm is/was amazing!!! I haven't fired it yet, but I could tell that this 1911's quality and craftsmanship was far superior to that of the work put in to a Kimber or Springfield. It just felt so "right" in my hand! I can't wait to take this bad boy to the range on Tuesday and put a box of the nicest ammunition through it!

Anyways, this is why my day was perfect, and i'm really happy that it ended up the way it did and I ended up with an amazing piece of work to add to my collection!!

You are absolutely paying for the name, the finest name in the 1911 market, and the finest gun made. welcome to the Wilson club and to the forum, if you have questions you can get on this forum and we have the Wilson rep on her for all the questions you might have.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 AM

What a great story and above all congratulations on your new Wilson!
NRA Endowment Member:Wilson Classic SG x2,Tactical SG 9mm Barron Blue, Tactical Elite 45acp, Tactical Elite 45acp(Barron Blue), Wilson CQB Elite 45acp x3, CQB Elite 9mm x2, Wilson CQB Compact 9mm and 45acp, Wilson Stealth 9mm x2, Stealth 45acp, Ed Brown Special Force SS and Carry SS, Ed Brown Kobra and Kobra Carry SS, Kimber SS Raptor II, Caesar Guerini Apex Trap...
Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 PM

For 2350,,,,, didja hold a gun to his head???? You stole it.

Great deal..............
Army Chief / RIP You will be missed by many.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah he gave me a pretty good deal. Another cool thing is that just this morning my cousin got the CQB Compact model from the same guy for $2200 ... Steal of a deal.. The guy still has a Sentinel compact for sale as well.. Although I heard that was Wilson's least popular model right now for some reason..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 PM

Wanna bet that fine Wilson won't be your last one???
Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Really nice pistol! Congrats!!!