1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > STI/SVI

Old 03-15-2012, 01:06 PM

STI Spartan III (3) Lets see 'em! (pic thread)

Ok, I have been on this site off and on for a while, and I have seem all breeds of STI here but precious few Spartan III's. I thought I would start a thread for showing off your S III's, Stock, custom, beaters, case queens what ever, Show them off here!

Here's mine, Will be putting on a set of pearce finger enhancement grips on it shortly cut to work with my CT laser grips
Attached Thumbnails
spartan 3.jpg   spartan 3-2.jpg  

Last edited by Tannim31; 03-15-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 PM

New pic
Attached Thumbnails
Spartan 3-3.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannim31 View Post
Ok, I have been on this site off and on for a while, and I have seem all breeds of STI here but precious few Spartan III's. I thought I would start a thread for showing off your S III's, Stock, custom, beaters, case queens what ever, Show them off here!

Here's mine, Will be putting on a set of pearce finger enhancement grips on it shortly cut to work with my CT laser grips
you know they just came out, right?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
you know they just came out, right?
Trust me if my broke @ss can get one, there has to be others lurking or members that have one lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM

My latest acquisition -- STI Spartan III

I just ran across this thread... Liked your pics and wanted to show mine off...
I just picked it up from FFL today and did a little range time with it... Ran about 60 rds through it with no problem... Will be heading out there again tomorrow and/or the next day to do some more... So far, I love it...
Attached Thumbnails
2012-05-23_23-36-08_531.jpg   2012-05-23_23-36-44_394.jpg   2012-05-23_23-39-14_96.jpg   2012-05-23_23-39-36_822.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Beautiful firearm Adayton! Love the STI Logo grips as well (mine came with plain jane dbl diamonds) I have never shot the 9mm version so you will have to fill us in on the performance of it I have shot my .45 dead dog filthy dirty and it preformed as perfectly as it dose spotless. Keep us informed on your Spartan!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Need info

Whats the factory trigger pull. I have one on order but it wont get here till septembe.
Can't wait.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM

I am going to say 5.5 - 6Lbs pull with adjustable travel take up. that's what mine feels like.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 PM

Didn't make it to the range today. Hopefully, will have time tomorrow to do that. I would like to run a couple hundred more rounds through it and see what she says...
I have no way of measuring the trigger pull, but I really like the way it feels... nice and smooth with a little bit of slack... I would say 1/16" or less free travel, then about another 1/16" to release... probably between 4-5 lbs pull. I understand I can take up the slack, but I kind of like to have it... I have a couple S&W 5906's that have that little bit of slack before engaging in single action mode and I have gotten used to it.
My first trip to the range (yesterday)... there were no negatives and am hoping it stays that way...
I will keep you all up to date as I progress...
Thanx,
Allan
Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 AM

I would really appreciate hearing from you guys as you get specific information on reliability of these guns. I have always wanted a short 1911, preferably .45, but read too many negative reviews of dependability with the short guns. I had a balky one that took me 2 years of off/on experimenting to get to run right with only one type of ammo, don't want to chase and throw money at demons again. Keep thinking maybe STI did it right, but I am aware of at least one short STI that will not run reliably. Had a Spartan 5 inch, heck of a nice gun for the money.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhp147 View Post
I would really appreciate hearing from you guys as you get specific information on reliability of these guns. I have always wanted a short 1911, preferably .45, but read too many negative reviews of dependability with the short guns. I had a balky one that took me 2 years of off/on experimenting to get to run right with only one type of ammo, don't want to chase and throw money at demons again. Keep thinking maybe STI did it right, but I am aware of at least one short STI that will not run reliably. Had a Spartan 5 inch, heck of a nice gun for the money.
Short 1911s can be quirky according to steady practice of locked wrist. Not saying you're a limp wrist, just that they are a bit more specific about how they like to be held during firing sequence. Ball ammo is always a sure thing if the gun is built right, as STI Spartan III is. It's what JMB designed the gun for. Good luck. The officers length steel frame is far more forgiving that the aluminum frame versions.

Last edited by PeterGunn; 06-06-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: improper capitalization ;)