1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Ed Brown

Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Happy Memorial Day (early)

Gents,
I hope all of you enjoy this weekend. Thank you to all who have served, or are serving, our country. I try to never overlook my freedoms, and the flag flies on my front porch 24/7-365.
In your honor, I'm taking over 1k rounds north with me to do some celebrating! Of those, about 400-500 will be heading right down the pipe of my Special Forces
I've got a few friends with Ed Brown virgin hands. I'm sure I'll let them fire 1 or 2 rounds and not hog them all to myself

God Bless America.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 PM

+ 1 on Karlglen101's thank you to all.

I drove 500 miles south today to Coronado. Tomorrow my old unit is having it's yearly (42nd) memorial for the guys we lost in Vietnam. After the memorial we are going out in the harbor on one of the boats. I see a few of the old guys, but as years pass so do we, and it's fewer each year. But I feel the need to attend.

If anyone is going out of town, drive safe, and have a great weekend.

Jim
1968, 69, 70
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 PM

I posted this earlier on my Facebook account, and I don't believe I can say it any better now so here it is:

Quote:
Memorial Day weekend is almost here. As you enjoy your time off, please remember that the day marks more than the (un)official beginning of summer or an excuse to barbeque. I'm not saying don't enjoy your extra time with loved ones, but I do ask that you remember the countless service men and women who have made that time possible. Please sit a moment aside this weekend and reserve it for somber reflection on the indescribable loss that each fallen Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Coast Guardsman, and Marine represents. Finally, please take the time to thank them and the loved ones they left behind.

To Cpl. Donald Marler (06/06/10), Cpl. Derek Wyatt (12/06/10), Cpl. Jon-Luke Bateman (01/15/12), and the countless others the United States has lost: you are not forgotten and we are forever in your debt. To the mothers, fathers, and other loved ones of these heroes: we are also in your debt and you too are heroes. I know your loss can never be made whole again, but I fervently hope and pray that your anguish can be lessened by some measure. If there is ever anything I can do for any you, do not hesitate to ask. Thank you so very much, and Semper Fidelis.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 AM

Thought you would enjoy this, this guy is simply amazing, this is about an hour from my house..

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Awesome tribute!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 AM

We owe a debt to so many that sacrificed so much for our freedoms to endure.

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 PM

Its good to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice not just today but everyday. But lets not forget that those guys also enjoyed a day at the beach, a backyard cookout, family reunions, and a cold beer etc. While we mourn their death lets also celebrate the life they gave us and celebrate as they would. God bless them all, they are heroes, and those of us who returned were just plain lucky.
Semper Fi. (0311 Vietnam 65, 67-69)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImvUwx1xHf0

Last edited by Akicita; 05-26-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:58 AM

http://www.thecitizen.com/articles/0...e-memorial-day

TO THESE WE OWE THE HIGH RESOLVE THAT
THE CAUSE FOR WHICH THEY DIED SHALL LIVE.

http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/no_pict.pdf

THE WHOLE EARTH THEIR SEPULCHER.
COMRADES IN ARMS WHOSE RESTING PLACE IS KNOWN ONLY TO GOD.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:01 PM

I just got back from a US service academy reunion. I was a simple guest of a graduate.

I had fun and got to talk 45s with an expert. The graduates were talented and extremely accomplished in many venues.

The reunion dinner was different from a regular college reunion. The closing speeches referenced duty, service, integrity, love for one another, remembrance of those who had passed on, and care for the families of class mates.

The reunion ended with the most stirring rendition of God Bless America that I have ever had the privilege of hearing.

I came away awed by the sentiments expressed, and grateful to all those who have served.

Regards on Memorial Day,

Craig