1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Chat & Game Schedule

View Poll Results: Best day to play- pick every option when you're usually good to go or anytime
Sunday 11 25.58%
Monday 8 18.60%
Tuesday 6 13.95%
Wednesday 4 9.30%
Thursday 6 13.95%
Friday 7 16.28%
Saturday 11 25.58%
PM after work (4 or after your local time) 19 44.19%
Late PM/Early AM (the wee hours of the night) 18 41.86%
Any Day Anytime! 9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper30850 View Post
Actually i did get a chance and joined the same squad as you. Worked out pretty good.
Sorry, I didn't have the commo up. I get tired of listening to idiots with their music in the background and virtually no communication or heads up (no one has your 6). I guess that is why we are supposed to play as a squad.

I basically ran from objective to objective reeking havoc on armor all night and got a few knife-kills and close in kills with the AR. It was the first time I ever finished 2nd with honors. Doesn't happen too often,

Personally, I wouldn't mind working in a squad in a support role. You run out of ammo or get wounded and these jack bags run right by and won't help you.

Fin
Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM

I hear you there. I'm more of an overwatch type myself. Finally got the second assignment sniper rifle. Thing shoots crazy flat. worth the work to get it.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper30850 View Post
I hear you there. I'm more of an overwatch type myself. Finally got the second assignment sniper rifle. Thing shoots crazy flat. worth the work to get it.
Let's get together. I can run engineer, you can do your overwatch thing. And if you find a spot that you want to sit on, I can provide security as support with claymore's etc. for your six. Lone snipers are a very choice target for guys who keep getting owned by them and they love to sneak up on them and fillet them.

If we can combine a few more guys, a Medic, another sniper and an engineer or two, and can talk to one another we can get everyone ranked up and equipped. In short, we could run the entire board on any given map or scenario on Conquest.

I do enjoy the tanks, I have maxed out all the perks and can run the third seat for painting targets or, run the MG for a good driver as well.

Fin
Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM

Ok then. Here is an official callout to all the Battlefield players on here. If you think you can be a team player and fill any position on a squad or team, add me on xbl. We'll see what we can put together.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Alright Guys and/or gals. I'll be on there at some point tonight. got a couple new guns i need to get a feel for. Anybody wanna join me or have i got to watch my own back?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM

Just picked up BF3 today. Will have to remember how to play, it's been awhile since I have played BF.

Feel free to add me as a friend. My gamer tag is exactly the same as my name here.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM

GreenSkyy- sorry I didn't check the forum before I saw your friend request on XBL. I sent you one since your's expired. GT is The Donsonator.

Fin and Snipe- I typically run assault so I'm in for squadding up! Hell, that's why we started this whole thing. I'm getting on now and will probably be on for quite some time tonight (wife is out of town). If I'm playing another game, just send an invite
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM

Also, everyone add each other's GTs, that way we have a better chance of playing together. I tried to add everyone but XBL said some of the GTs didn't exist. Check the platoon if someone is missing send a request and let's crack some skulls!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 PM

Have to get up at 4am in the morning. I'll probably be on earlier tomorrow evening than my normal 10pm. I've been having my best luck running support the last couple of times I've been on, and the tanks have been pretty good for me too. I can also play assault too. I have the defibulator unlocked, but normally get killed by the time I get to a downed team mate and figure out how to activate it.

Thanks to Sniper and Fin putting up with my growing pain rage in the few matches I've played with them last week. Some of the maps I'm getting fairly used to, and some I've only played once or twice at most. I have to work Saturday, so I'll be on for a couple of hours Friday night around 10 or so. All day fishing trip Sunday, and I'd lay odds we take a family trip Monday. Don't know how much I'll be on, but I'll squad up once I'm online.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 PM

I sent an application for the 1911 forum battlelog team and still haven't been accepted. Something I said...Ha ha. Anyway, if anyone wants to play tonight I will be online til probably 2 am or so eastern time. GT= gregoplata. Feel free to send me a friend request and let me know you are from the forum
Old 06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

I'd love to play with some guys .
Lowendkiller is my xbl name. I allways get stuck playing with guys that just camp as snipers. Or one who get in the chopper with the mini guns on the side , they don't wait for any one then fly in to a tree.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:46 AM

-Sickboy- Nothing you said, I've been on vacation and haven't been on the Xbox/remembered to check Battlelog. You've been approved as of this message, if you haven't seen it let me know.

-WarwickBen- If you play on Xbox just get on battlelog and search 1911 Forum under the Platoon tab and I'll approve as soon as I see it, we'd be glad to have you.

Now to the meat and potatoes: there are two things I want to discuss with y'all.
1) Myself included, we need to make a better effort to play together. I feel I've been the worst about this because I haven't been on much at all lately. If/when you have time add everyone in the platoon on Battlelog and Xbox live. Right now we have 11 members and Warwick Ben would make 12. That's three whole squads of 1911 guys who are sick of random people not contributing and want to PTFO. We may not all have headsets, but if we all join an XBL party we can give each other heads up and help in the game and shoot the bull (my favorite part) while we do it. Three squads on the same team communicating would make for pretty stiff competition for the other team. I can't think of any downsides to this and it's the whole goal of having a platoon.

2) What do y'all think about the recent patches and the addition of Battlefield Premium?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:52 PM

i have not played much due to the lone wolf that everyone does. i would like to join also. my gamertag is Kranker308. i will try to join the platoon if i can figure it out.

if you could send me a request or something that would be great.

hope to see you all there.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

When I get home today I'll try it out.
X box an lowendkiller .
The problem with battle log is I signed up on ea years and years ago.
My profile and gamer tag linking is all messed up . I think I did set battle log up tho . So I'll try and report back
Old 06-08-2012, 04:14 PM

Here's a direct link to the Platoon:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391554753899/

If you're having trouble remembering your password you could try resetting through your email or you might be able to create a new battlelog log in and link your Xbox. If you have any problems send me a PM here or on Xbox live, my GT is: The Donsonator

I'll be on tonight sometime, all depends on what the wife has planned, if anything. Regardless I can still get on after she goes to bed. If y'all know anyone on here that plays on Xbox let 'em know, the more the merrier. If someone that plays PC or PS3 wants to start a 1911 Forum platoon for their platform have at it. Like I've said before I don't consider myself in charge, I just knew how to create a platoon on battlelog. See y'all soon
Old 06-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

Just applied not sure if ull see my user name Benjamint or Xbox
Low end killer
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM

^Approved!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

I tried to send u a friend request say not a valid tag etc
Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Never mind I forgot the "the"
Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM

I'm gonna join as soon as I get home! What a fantastic idea! Someone should do the same for GR FS... Though sadly, there is no 1911 in that game. Anyone know what the 1911 used in BF3 is? I haven't caught any identifying marks. I know it's not a Sig Original 1911 unfortunately (love mine)... But I digress. See you online!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM

just applied
Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 PM

^Approved! I'm going to be on bouncing between BF3 and MW3
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM

I play both some-not to the extent my son has but I'm a little disappointed with the latest Bad Company edition as they seem to favor the spray and pray types who infested the MW series while I tend towards the sniper role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDonson View Post
I created a platoon on Battlelog to help us get together to play easier. The link is below. If the link doesn't work just click on platoons and search for 1911 Forum. Just apply with your forum username and I'll approve it after I make sure you're on the forum. If I can I'll add a few more people from the forum to help manage the whole deal if this thing takes off like I hope it does.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391554753899/
Oops, that's what I get for not reading the first post...

So, being kind of marginal at this computer and gaming stuff I guess the first question is this PS-3 or X-box based?

Last edited by Capt. Methane; 06-09-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Xbox
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 AM

jdonson: i will send you a friend request next time i am on. i play mw3 also.