1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Reloading Bench

Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 AM

vibra-prime!!!!!

I just got this e-mail from Battenfeld Technologies:

Thank you for your e-mail. At this time there is not another vibra prime in the works. I was told that we did not sell enough to keep them on the market. However, since we have pulled them from sales we have had multiple calls and e-mails about them. So I am keeping track and will let them know how many people are still interested. And maybe sometime in the future we will be able to supply the product again
Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 AM

ccotter;

I have heard some pretty good things about the Vibra Prime. I was in the market for "something", myself. I hated the little pick up tubes & it took so much time away from reloading. (I guess you could say, loading primers is a big part of reloading - but just hated the process).

I looked & purchased the RF 100 from Dillon. (The automatic primer filler). Costly but a neat toy, when it works. Back to Dillon for adjustment & now works about 98% of the time. I would recommend one.

If you still perfer the Vibra Prime, I would suggest you check with other outlets such as Midway, ect. You should be able to find one on the shelf, somewhere.

Maybe one of the guys in the Reloading Section has a spare setting around.

Good luck.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 PM

My sons are 7 and 5 yrs. They do a BANG UP job loading up primer tubes AND sorting my ammo into plastic cases (I make it a race to see who can fill the 100 rounders first)... Can't beat "free" labor...

Active Duty Community Organizer, Philanthropist
Old 08-30-2007, 01:19 PM

Yep, I had two teenage sons mowing my yard for years.

Sucks when they move out. I had to buy a riding lawn mower.
NRA Life Member
Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Vibra Primes are the ticket for fast efficient primer loading. Be a shame if they stopped making them.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM

I have one for my large pistol primers (45acp) and absolutely love it! Works perfectly every time. When I heard they were going to stop production I ordered extra tubes, tips, and primer trays new from Midway before they sold out. They still have the parts but not the main unit for sale. Hopefully they'll bring it back. Much cheaper alternative to the Dillon. Which works great too, if you can get past the price they get for it.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 PM

I have one and could never get it to work 100%, so I retired it. Its up for sale.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM

I got lucky, getting mine just before they stopped selling them. I reload around 500 rounds a week. Lately I've been using the Vibra Prime because it may not really save time, but it is easier that the old method. Many guys say they save a lot of time, OK. For me, I haven't found that to be true. I might save 10 seconds or so, but nothing to write home about. It is much easier to just hold the primer tube up against the device and give the trigger an on and off operation. I haven't had good luck with just holding the trigger back and letting the primers vibrate into the tube. Usually one will get sideways, and I'll have to let go of the trigger and tilt it back and pull the trigger again in hopes of righting the wayward primer. I have found that if I pull the trigger and quickly let go in a semi-rythemic (sp?) style I have better luck at having all the primers marching into the primer tube. Anyway, that's my story...

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon
I have one and could never get it to work 100%, so I retired it. Its up for sale.
PM sent
Old 08-31-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk1
I have one for my large pistol primers (45acp) and absolutely love it! Works perfectly every time. When I heard they were going to stop production I ordered extra tubes, tips, and primer trays new from Midway before they sold out. They still have the parts but not the main unit for sale. Hopefully they'll bring it back. Much cheaper alternative to the Dillon. Which works great too, if you can get past the price they get for it.
They work best without the tips. Just stick the end of the naked tube up into the mechanism and hold it there.

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC3
ccotter;

If you still perfer the Vibra Prime, I would suggest you check with other outlets such as Midway, ect. You should be able to find one on the shelf, somewhere.

Maybe one of the guys in the Reloading Section has a spare setting around.

Good luck.

Nope. Midway doesn't carry them anymore. Tried to buy one from them about two months ago. Right after Primers gave me a conditional "thumbs up".

Gammon - I'd like to get in line to buy yours.

Rod.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 AM

I already have one just wanted to let people know if they were looking for them.