1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 PM

T3 with compensator owners chime in

Hey guys!
Im looking for those of you who have a T3 with the built in compensator. Do you guys think it makes a big difference in recoil and shootability of your gun? I'm looking to buy a custom 1911 and I like the idea and look of the T3 comp. i just want to hear some opinions before contemplating dropping 3 grand lol. Cant wait to hear what you all have to say.

Read. Enjoy. Discuss.

Last edited by Bigmant; 05-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:26 AM

The T3 Comp does have less recoil and it's my favorite to shoot....accurate as heck! The only real complaint I have is the front sight. It's hard to pick-up the front sight due to no tritium insert or white dot when shooting black/dark colored siloutte targets. There really can't be any type of insert on the front sight as it is attached to the barrel itself....it would take too much of a beating to last any length of time. I guess I could paint the front sight and reapply as necessary. The trigger is set at a nice crisp 3lbs. The finish is the standard Perma Kote and was done very well...no flaws in the finish. The Perma Kote is not my first choice as I think it's a "softer" finish and won't hold up very long, but that's what will give the gun more character when more wear is developed on it. Still a very well made gun.
Pick one up....you won't be disappointed at all.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
"All right, ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

Last edited by Shootin2011; 05-13-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:17 PM

Sweet looking gun, I'm glad to hear that it handles well. Anyone have a good place to get one under 3 grand? lol
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM

I too have one with a custom finish. Since i also have a standard T3 I can offer a side by side comparison. The T3comp does handle better, less recoil and more stable in target transition. However, I did not get for carry as I was taught that the muzzle flash from a comp pistol is not desireable in a gunfight, especially at night. It gives away your position. The standard T3 is well balanced and well built. AIthough it is a heavy gun, for me this adds to its stability. The T3comp kicks it up a notch. IMHO they are both examples of the high level of craftsmanship found at Nighthawk.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:35 PM

Is this going to be your carry gun or a range gun? I don't own one, but have fired one. I liked it. However, I've also fired a predator and loved it. It was a full sized predator so it's hard to make an equal comparison, but I'd side with the predator.
The idea of a ported barrel like the T3 comp for a carry gun is actually a terrible idea. The flash is bad for your sight and target acquisition in low light. That's the theory at least. I've never put it to the test, but it seems to make sense.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlglen101 View Post
Is this going to be your carry gun or a range gun? I don't own one, but have fired one. I liked it. However, I've also fired a predator and loved it. It was a full sized predator so it's hard to make an equal comparison, but I'd side with the predator.
The idea of a ported barrel like the T3 comp for a carry gun is actually a terrible idea. The flash is bad for your sight and target acquisition in low light. That's the theory at least. I've never put it to the test, but it seems to make sense.
It also throws gases and irritates your eyes when your not wearing eye protection which can further hurt sight picture, also in a lot of self defense training I see people shooting in way that you might not want to use a compensated firearm for, for instance on common one is when they put their left arm blocking their head and right arm tight to the body making shots with out exposing the gun so the BG can't disarm you when they are close, this might complicate the use of your firearm if you don't want to burn yourself...