1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Kydex and Leather Gear

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Peters Custom Leather

I ordered a belt a few months ago but I measured wrong and wanted to exchange it for the correct size. This was all prearranged with them. I paid the extra charge and waited. The first belt came in no time. This was early March. I emailed him and have not gotten a response. Their website is gone and he has not logged in since mid March. Anybody know whats going on? I really need a gunbelt.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM

I have spoken to Jon on many occasions since he was new in the leather business but that has been several months ago. At this late date I am afraid to call but I think something has gone wrong with Jons health. Someone else on this forum mentioned that he thought he had passed but that is hearsay.

I guess you could call his wife or email. I hope everything works out, you get your money back and most of all I hope he's just under the weather. If you hear anything, please post.
Certified Firearms Instructor
Semper Fi
Old 05-10-2012, 08:52 PM

If anyone has contact info, please send pm
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Saddly he did pass away. This was posted on Rugerforum.com and was taken from the peterscustomleather website before the website went silent.

We regret to inform you that Jonathan Brooks Peters passed away unexpectedly on Mar 15th 2012. As any of you who met Jon know this business was his passion. He truly thrived when working with his hands and he strived to make the best gun leather accessories in the industry. It also made him so happy to share his passion with those who appreciated it so much. I know that there are a number of people out there who helped him in his journey to become the very best craftsman he could be. If any of you would like to contact me directly you can reach me at [email protected]. We will not be taking any additional orders at this time. If you have a placed an order we are in the process of sorting out which orders have been fulfilled and what inventory we have. Since this will take some time we are going to be refunding anything that we know hasn't been fulfilled. If you don't receive a refund over the next few days please don't hesitate to send an email to the address above and we will see that you are taken care of.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 PM

Thank you for the update.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Does anyone know what happened. He was planning a trip to Atlanta and the shop, just to visit.
Certified Firearms Instructor
Semper Fi