1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 AM

customer service

Looking for other opinions here. Lets start by saying I have absolutely no issue with the quality of my CQB Compact. This was not my first or only High end 1911, I own Baers and Browns. When shopping for a compact 1911 for plainclothes duty carry, I ended up with the CQB compact, partly because I knew the conditions this gun would be carried, and I wanted the customer service reputation Wilson is known for. I purchased it knew last may from my LGS, got lucky and they had one in stock. Immediatley after purchase, I had a problem, no matter what holster I carried it in the thumb safety would disengage. So I called Wilson and they said send it and and they would fix it. To get the ball rolling they said pay for shipping and they would return it with "a couple of magazines". Quick turn around and got the gun back, Gunsmiths did a great job, but no news mags. Sent an email and got the response sorry, get them right out. A week later I get 1 full size magazine. My 1911 is a compact. When I sent an email about it they told me pay to ship it back and they woluld swap it out. At this point I was 100 dollars in shipping in the hole, and said I would have to cut my losses if that was the solution, I never got another response from Wilson. Now a week ago while Qualifying for my department with the CQB, the grip medallion came out and was lost. When I called Wilson, the Customer service rep, and told him it was an old style medallion I was told to buy new grips. I repeated the question, that this gun was less then a year out of the gun store, and my only option was to buy new grips. He said that was my only option, and the line went silent. So I fired off a message to the WCR rep here, one week later nothing. I purchased this particular gun, because I read all positive information here, am I just unlucky or over reacting here. It not about the money, if it was I would never use a $2700 firearm as a duty weapon.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
Looking for other opinions here. Lets start by saying I have absolutely no issue with the quality of my CQB Compact. This was not my first or only High end 1911, I own Baers and Browns. When shopping for a compact 1911 for plainclothes duty carry, I ended up with the CQB compact, partly because I knew the conditions this gun would be carried, and I wanted the customer service reputation Wilson is known for. I purchased it knew last may from my LGS, got lucky and they had one in stock. Immediatley after purchase, I had a problem, no matter what holster I carried it in the thumb safety would disengage. So I called Wilson and they said send it and and they would fix it. To get the ball rolling they said pay for shipping and they would return it with "a couple of magazines". Quick turn around and got the gun back, Gunsmiths did a great job, but no news mags. Sent an email and got the response sorry, get them right out. A week later I get 1 full size magazine. My 1911 is a compact. When I sent an email about it they told me pay to ship it back and they woluld swap it out. At this point I was 100 dollars in shipping in the hole, and said I would have to cut my losses if that was the solution, I never got another response from Wilson. Now a week ago while Qualifying for my department with the CQB, the grip medallion came out and was lost. When I called Wilson, the Customer service rep, and told him it was an old style medallion I was told to buy new grips. I repeated the question, that this gun was less then a year out of the gun store, and my only option was to buy new grips. He said that was my only option, and the line went silent. So I fired off a message to the WCR rep here, one week later nothing. I purchased this particular gun, because I read all positive information here, am I just unlucky or over reacting here. It not about the money, if it was I would never use a $2700 firearm as a duty weapon.
Sorry about your issues but I don't recall getting a PM from you.
We don't have any inventory of old medallions-maybe a member here has one they can spare? I would be happy to send you some new style medallions and the correct mags but like I said, I don't recall ever getting a PM from you .

Last edited by WilsonCombatRep; 05-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Red Shirt,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I know it is frustrating when you feel like your complaints are not being heard, but I can only imagine the amount of calls and issues Wilson tries to handle on a daily basis. I would take WilsonCombatRep up on his offer of two new medallions and two new Compact magazines and move forward. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM

I agree with taking the offer from the Wilson rep. It should take care of everyting. I've had excellent service from Wilson and I'm convinced they attempt to do everything they can to keep customers happy.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM

Dfcrane, thank fo rthe advice, and no matter what the outcome was, after my post I was ready to move on.

WCR you didnt miss my PM, I sent you an email instead, my post was an abridged version of that, I left all the reps names out here as I don't think it would be right to include them in a public forum. The PM doesn't have enough space for all the info I included. I will send you a PM shortly.

Once again, I want to stress two things, first I can not say one bad thing about the quality of my CQB Compact or the quality of work by the Gunsmiths when it went for service. Secondly, it was only after long debate and no other options that I decided to post this experience here and find out if this was just an isolated circumstance.

Thanks all for your replies
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM

PM received and stuff is on the way. Next time, debate with me, OK?
I am here every day to help people get through their issues.

It looks like someone let you down somewhere down the line-I am truly sorry.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Like I said I only posted after I felt I had tried all the options available to me. This was a last resort not where I started. I would have rather it never got on this forum. No apology needed, I have seen you take care of numerous problems on this forum over the years, and I hope not to have to bother you with a "next time".

Last edited by Red Shirt; 05-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Can't knock that customer service. Well done WCR
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Red Shirt,

FYI, you can ship via USPS through your department and save quite a bit of coin. Being a duty gun your bosses shouldnt have a problem with using the agency's return address. Shipping plus insurance should only set you back $40. WAAAYYYYY cheaper than overnight via UPS or FedEx. If the clerk gives you greif, speak to the postmaster.

Glad WCR took care of you. If you really want old medallions there are a few sources for them. They cost about $15 for a pair shipped. The old medallions are glued in and sometimes fall out, while the new ones use a brad style end which is bent over on the inside of the grip.
Wilson Combat Firearms: CQB Elite Turnbull Blue / Case Hardened .45, CQB .45, Lightweight Protector Compact .45, CQB Tactical LE.45, CQB-C .45, Stealth .45, Sentinel .45, Colt Custom .45, High-Cap Championship Special .38 Super Race Gun, Spec Ops 9, Scattergun Tech. TR-870 12 ga., UT-15 .223 with W/C .22 Upper, OD ADP 9mm, WC .22 1911 conversion

Last edited by Highgear; 05-09-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM

highgear thanks for the advice, and using the return address is no problem, I am a fulltime firearms instructor for my department and we get packages at our range with regards to firearms all the time. Its the NY shipping address that causes the most trouble.