1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 PM

A fake Wilson?

I found this thread on a local Georgia forum:

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/sho...d.php?t=148954

At first I thought he said it was Wilson built, but a second reading indicated that he used Wilson parts.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Gotta love those drop in BT's
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 PM

Yep that's advertising, poorly fitted Wilson parts on a rock island, I wouldn't give 600 for it
Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 PM

That's hideous. The key reading part was "parts installed". Any idiot with a JK manual can "install" any part he wants. Whether it's properly fit, whether the gun will function, and whether it's safe - that's another story - as it appears in this case.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:46 AM

That's Bubba..his brother Darrell and other brother Darryl helped him with the "install"..
-Alchemy Custom Target-
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 AM

Man, people love pulling that kind of silly stuff with their parts guns. Always see that with AR's too. Some guy buys a Noveske stripped lower for his frankengun, and all of a sudden it is a "Noveske AR15" when he goes to sell it. Nevermind that it has a DPMS barrel, RRA upper receiver, and unknown LPK.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 AM

Am I the only one to notice that he Lists the extended slide stop as a wislon brand, But it is indeed NOT a wilson part.

Aside from the fact that he is marketing it as a Wilson, from the title, its not too out of the realm of thought. If he was just honest and said he was selling an upgraded RIA he might get some takers.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 AM

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheMarine View Post
Am I the only one to notice that he Lists the extended slide stop as a wislon brand, But it is indeed NOT a wilson part.

Aside from the fact that he is marketing it as a Wilson, from the title, its not too out of the realm of thought. If he was just honest and said he was selling an upgraded RIA he might get some takers.
why can't they be Honest ...... I'm sure we've all come across those who would try to pass off certain weapons as things they're not ........and its a shame and very infuriating..... as gun owners and not to mention as individuals we all have code , ethics and Honor or maybe we expect it because we call em as we see
them!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 PM

Yuk.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM

Someone will buy iy
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Nasty!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Average Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
At first I thought he said it was Wilson built, but a second reading indicated that he used Wilson parts.
Well, in the title he did say "Wilson Built."

Perhaps he should detail strip it and ship it to Wilson Combat for reassembly. Then he could claim it was assembled by hand @ Wilson Combat.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:11 AM

It's just like searching 'custom 1911' on gunbroker and seeing some POS with an aftermarket part installed and then called custom etc.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM

I see a hammer and trigger only..the rest is RIA MIM junk. I have the same weapon.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM

You guys are all crazy. The last poster said it was a decent price considering the parts! I'm buying it!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
This is a brand new in the box Rock Island CS 1911, that has been built with wilson combat parts never fired/never loaded. All stock parts are included.
Unfired?
All those new parts and not even a test fire?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Unfired?
All those new parts and not even a test fire?
he probably tried and it wouldn't go bang!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Just a good warning from Ricky on that post. I do a bunch of sale/resale on the internet and if you have the slightest question on something, ask it if no answer pass on it.

Get the serial number and send it to the maker to insure it is not a parts gun. As a long time dealer for Wilson as well as Noveske, I recommend that to anyone who asks the the usual questions on if the gun is worth the money, check with the maker for the origin of the product.

With ever increasing demand for and longer wait times and less and less supply of those items the potential for "fakes" or what used to be called "lunch" box guns or parts guns made of parts from name brand makers, there will be more of these out there.

Even if a firearm there are few if any law enforcement anywhere with the resources to track down a fraudelent transaction of under a few thousand dollars across 10 states from city to city. Then add trying to get the prosecutions. Gladly 99.99% of the firearms community is more conservative in nature and therefore less prone to ripping people off. Not saying it does not happen but there are many less than lets say "Craig's" list type transactions. You get what you pay for. Free ads get free loaders

Keep in mind you can complain, get mad, call ATF, Local Law or post bad feedback or whatever but you are still out your funds or stuck with something less than what you thought you were getting. So take the time and check out a bit further. If it is too good to be true it is not.

After 30 years retail firearms and 21 years LEO, if this one "good" deal slips by, be patient, because there will alway be another.

Terry Peters @ptpartner_tx www.pt-partners.com

Do your research you get what you pay for front end or back end.

Last edited by PT-Partners; 05-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:20 AM

My Kimber Classic Series I has a Wilson thumb safety, mainspring housing, slide stop, barrel bushing, spring cap, firing pin, firing pin stop, magazines, and grips. I intend to follow up with Wilson trigger, sear, and hammer.

But I don't call it a Wilson, much as I'd like to.

I do call it a Wilber though.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Pass. To many unknowns.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM

I don't know why he hasn't fired it but it clearly has rock island written all over it. I don't think he was purposly trying to mislead anyone
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadus123 View Post
I don't know why he hasn't fired it but it clearly has rock island written all over it. I don't think he was purposly trying to mislead anyone
I believe there might be some edits
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious,nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from That Guy who stole it from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].