1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Great customer service experience

I'm fairly new here. Don't post much, just manage to read a bunch.

I purchased a Nighthawk T3 new from a local gun shop. After 364 rounds, the rear sight managed to shift approximately 3/16" to the right. Not a tremendously big deal.

My local gun shop whom I purchased it from mentioned that if anything went afoul with it, I should bring it back and they would certainly take care of it. Meaning handling of shipping to and from Nighthawk.

I took it back there and they sat on it for over 2 weeks, as they told me they could not reach anyone at Nighthawk to setup an RMA.

I decided to take matters into my own hands, and phone Nighthawk directly.
Got a hold of a real person in a matter of minutes and arranged an RMA through said local gun shop. RMA was sent with UPS tag for shipping. Local gun shop still dropped the cake and never sent the firearm off!

Needless to say, I went in and picked it up and sent it off to Nighthawk myself.
Overnight FedEx, Nighthawk received Tuesday. Performed repairs and shipped out Wednesday, a few extra magazines thrown in. Hopefully get some range time in the next few days!

Thumbs up for Nighthawk's stellar customer service, and speedy return of my T3!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 PM

Nighthawk paid for a shipping calltag to drift the rear sight 3/16"?
Wow. Just wow.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:26 AM

Yes... They have great customer service....

I have a few T3's and feel its one of the best made guns made. How do you like yours?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awpk03s View Post
Nighthawk paid for a shipping calltag to drift the rear sight 3/16"?
Wow. Just wow.
Yep.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
Yes... They have great customer service....

I have a few T3's and feel its one of the best made guns made. How do you like yours?
Love it! Can't wait for the GRP
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Yeah they took care of my falcon with FedEx call tag both ways no problem. Tool mark blems on slide. Still have not gotten it back yet but so far my exp. has been great. Dealt with Tim and he has ALWAYS answered my call and my emails!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 AM

I just can't believe they let you send it back - and paid to do so, just for that.
If that happens again.... Push or tap rear sight back to center, apply loctite to set screw, and tighten down set screw. Less than 5 minutes.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awpk03s View Post
I just can't believe they let you send it back - and paid to do so, just for that.
If that happens again.... Push or tap rear sight back to center, apply loctite to set screw, and tighten down set screw. Less than 5 minutes.
I'm sure any local gunsmith or myself could have set it back to center, but why risk scratching or damaging something on a month old firearm?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 AM

Another happy customer!!!!! I would have sent it back also. The sites are press fitted and should not be held in by the set screw or some loctite.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM

You know, after reading many negative things about Nighthawk customer service, it is great to read just the opposite. I have two Nighthawks, a Talon and Talon II. I have never had a problem with either so no reason to send them back. I will say that after reading so much negative I really had not thought about obtaining another. Thanks for posting your great experience, very nice to read.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM

I had the same experience with them today. Yesterday when I went to clean my GRP I noticed 1 grip screw was missing. I just called them and they said they would send one out. He told me it would be easier than ordering a full set.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Easily the best customer service in the business. I hope they stay like this. If I could could Id run out and buy another NHC... Oh wait I can, and I will.