1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > STI/SVI

Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Sentinel Premier or Lawman

Thinking about one of the above mentioned pistols....I have had and still have several STI's but all compact in 45 also a Trajan in 9mm..I am very happy with all of them...looking for a 5" 45 and I am stuck between these two..I even considered a Trojan in 45...I will carry the pistol and of course it will be a range pistol also...Please help me make up my mind
Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 PM

I would love to own a sentinel premier. Hard chromed, crowned barrel to the bushing, magwell, and gorgeous. Lawman looks great too, but the sentinel gets my vote. One sweeeet looking gun!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM

The Lawman is more appealing to me from a slide rollmark standpoint. I'm not sure exactly what the rear sight dovetail is on the Premier. I'd want either a Bo-Mar or Novak cut.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunshineST View Post
I would love to own a sentinel premier. Hard chromed, crowned barrel to the bushing, magwell, and gorgeous. Lawman looks great too, but the sentinel gets my vote. One sweeeet looking gun!
I concur... I am not ready to pay MSRP, but I would love one.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 PM

My Sentinel Premier is one of my favorites. I would put it up against any semi-custom 1911 out there. You will notice the mag-well got lost and the grips are from Ahrends.

I know you are talking about a full size Lawman, I assume; however, a new toy here is a Lawman 3.0 in 9mm. It is one of my EDC's and I love it.

My suggestion is to get one of each.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 AM

I recently bought a Lawman, love the gun. The fit and quality is tops, this is a top quality 1911 with custom touches for a very good price, STI hit the nail on the head with this gun. Not to sure what that odd rear sight on the Sentinal is about, it is a bit funky looking for me and the cut for it looks like nothign else would fit, but being an STI, I am sure it is a good quality gun as well.