1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Does NH still do extra fitting?

Some forum members here have stated that they spent some extra coin and had joey lehr or others put much more attention into their guns. This interests me cause I wanna send in my dominator. So basically can they fit the gun to a "supergrade" level for a fee.

Thanks,
kenneth

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM

That would be a good question to ask them.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM

I agree but their website doesnt even have BN listed. They still list permacote. I know they flute barrels to but their website also doesnt list this. Ill call them tomorrow.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethhardy View Post
Some forum members here have stated that they spent some extra coin and had joey lehr or others put much more attention into their guns. This interests me cause I wanna send in my dominator. So basically can they fit the gun to a "supergrade" level for a fee.

Thanks,
kenneth
I don't think you can have your gun fit to a higher level after it's built. That's a bit different than fitting it to a "supergrade" level during the initial build. I could be wrong, but I don't think it works that way.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM

kenneth, I'll go as far to say that the fitting and parts assembly between my supergrade and the dominator externally are almost the same visually, They're both fit to exacting standards. The only thing I can say that may separate them is that the supergrade finishing and script writting, checkering, and serrations are impeccable, and as near to perfect as you can get. The NH roll marks and lettering isn't on the same level. The most accurate word I can use to describe those differences is that the Wilson is crisp and sharp as you can get. I'd tend to believe the supergrade has this kind of attention to detail throughout the entire pistol. When I shoot them side by side I post impressions but I'd suspect very similar. If you do any cosmetic changes before they apply the BN be very clear with your written instructions and go over them with your representative making sure you're both on the same page...
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

OP....They will from experience....

As far as Diamond Black.... They still do that also... It is just very expensive...the last time I asked them I was told the cost was $600+
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 AM

Will are you saying that your dominator and supergrade are somewhat mechanically the same? If that is true would you ever buy another supergrade?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Will are you saying that your dominator and supergrade are somewhat mechanically the same? If that is true would you ever buy another supergrade?
kenneth, what I meant is that if I were to snap a photo of the side by side in the rear, the fit of the slide to frame, extractor and ejector would have almost identical tolerances. Even the serrations thru the extractor and the checkering thru the extractor of the Wilson look almost the same. You need to really be hard pressed to to actually see the circle around the extractor. Now my guess would be that the internals on the Wilson should be as consistent throughout, both externally and internally. I've yet to break it down yet, heck, I haven't even shot it yet. And certainly not due to lack of enthusiasm, I just haven't been having as many good days as of late. If I was ever so inclined to purchase another, I'd have no problem purchasing either one. One of these days I'll open up the Wilson but I'd suspect that it's just as well built inside as the outside. What I'm also saying is a testament to how well the NH was built. It was put together by Jeff and Kevin and they did a spectactular job. I know Kevin is building Wilsons now, and I'm not too sure where Jeff is. Both were excellent smiths.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM

I've been down this road twice now.

Here's the deal - when I ordered the Talon, and then the Predator, I asked for and received an additional $1500 each of fitting, prep work, etc. But I specifically asked for certain services. They dont have a "Supergrade." You have to know what you want to have done. Jeff build one, and Bob the other. Both are exceptional guns. The beavertails were fitted just a little bit better. The lower lugs were polished. The triggers are exceptional. Crowns were polished. Checkering will was flawless on each. Just a nicer gun in general.

So yes, you can. Any NHC dealer can do this for you. You only need to decide how much you want to spend and what you want done.
Bill's Training Blog
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 PM

Will if you ever want a second dominator i'll take that unused supergrade off your hands. Just playing, but for real please shoot it and tell me how it went. Jeff built my dominator and its my baby. I'm just trying to "trick her out" to the best she can be. Funny thing is I dont think she can get any better. Mechanically that is.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Will if you ever want a second dominator i'll take that unused supergrade off your hands. Just playing, but for real please shoot it and tell me how it went. Jeff built my dominator and its my baby. I'm just trying to "trick her out" to the best she can be. Funny thing is I dont think she can get any better. Mechanically that is.
I agree with you kenneth! I just really liked the way the ball cuts looked and believed it would give it a one of a kind Dominator look...well actually, not too many Dominators have chainlink treatments either. I'm really happy with the way it's turned out to be. I know my health will turn around here shortly so I can really enjoy these few I've acquired. I'm really liking the green F/O sight too it really pops! I'll keep you in the loop!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Ive handled and fired a couple supergrades, I know that they are very well made but I really fail to see the difference in fitting, accuracy, or quality. I know there is a difference but Ive run both side by side But i just dont see it. Either the NH performs like a 5k gun or the Wilson is just overpriced imo
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 AM

Oh they are overpriced.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Agreed, I would and have put my NH against any other custom 1911.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 PM

I just bought a baer. Its awesome. my NH is still reigning champ but the baer is no slouch. My dominator is still the champ

Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM

I have an Enforcer that is built every bit as nice as my WC CQB. But it oughta be. The same 2 guys built both guns 2 years apart.