1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Looking at a GI LTC

I'm looking at a GI LTC. It really wants to follow me home! I just wanted to know what to expect from it. It will be my daily carry. I have an 18-9. It is an awsome shooter. Never had a FTF or FTE after about 1000 rounds. Just wanted to know if I can expect the same from a GI LTC.
Thanks
Rick----
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM

I love my GI LTC and use it as my carry gun. Had a problem with the firing pin safety on the slide but once fixed not a problem. Shot 400 rounds but had to send the slide back because the rear sight came loose. Para fixed it at no cost and sent it back, have well over 1000 rounds and no problem!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 PM

I have 1911 LTC from Para custom shop refurb it the alloy frame and I love it.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Welcome lotsasadust.
It is futile to resist giving it a good home.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM

I had a GI LTC that shot flawlessly for the time I had it. The trigger is not the best (series 80) and it bothered me that you cannot get aftermarket sights for it other than XS. I wanted Novak sights and you can't get anything like that for the GI LTC.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
I had a GI LTC that shot flawlessly for the time I had it. The trigger is not the best (series 80) and it bothered me that you cannot get aftermarket sights for it other than XS. I wanted Novak sights and you can't get anything like that for the GI LTC.
Make the trigger a series 70 and it is sweet but the lack of night sites could be a problem!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:50 PM

Can you post up some picture of your new addition? I'm seriously considering one of the refurbished ones and would like to see the condition you received yours in.

Thanks, Frank
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
Old 05-07-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCoupe View Post
Can you post up some picture of your new addition? I'm seriously considering one of the refurbished ones and would like to see the condition you received yours in.

Thanks, Frank
Here is a pic of my refurbishhed 1911 LTC from Para's pro shop. I could post a few more if you would like.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM

Wow that looks really nice for a refurbished gun!

What do you guys think of the weight differences from the gi ltc's alloy frame to the ltc all steel? If I find it to be reliable enough it will become my edc, so weight is something I have to consider.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Last edited by NewYorkCoupe; 05-07-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 AM

Yea, I said the same thing when I picked it us from my FFL. It is really nice for a refurb. Not sure about the weight I have never held the all steel LTC. I would guess mine weights the same as the GI LTC since its the 1911 LTC with alloy frame.