1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 AM

Differences between Sig 1911s

Man, Sig certainly offers a lot of similar models. I guess nothing wrong with trying to appeal to as many buyers as possible, but can someone shed some light on the differences? I'm looking at the fullsize with rail, are all of them the same frame and slide, just with different sights, triggers, grips, etc.? Please feel free to post on any models to shed some light for anyone else.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Black Rain, you're right you said it all perfect. SIG does make a lot of similar models. SIG is really trying to get a hold on the 1911 market not wanting to miss one person in the market.
The differences are small. For example. The Scorpion and the Tactical Operations only differ by the grips, finish, and trigger. The Scorpion uses a straight trigger and the latter a curved trigger.
It just like you said, if somebody like the Scorpion but the rail, they have a model like that. They are covering all the bases, lol.
I own 3 and all are different. Scorpion Carry, Nitron Commander, and Ultra compact.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
I'm looking at the fullsize with rail, are all of them the same frame and slide, just with different sights, triggers, grips, etc.? Please feel free to post on any models to shed some light for anyone else.
No, there is a distinct difference in some slides and it is notated by a TR (traditional) in the model designation=better holster selection. VZ Operator II grips installed after I found the VZ sale advertised here, new for 55 shipped. Excellent upgrade. Otherwise, it's really top shelf stuff; magwell, Novak night sights, ambi safety, rail, etc...

The TACOPS 1911TR is w/o a doubt the best choice for your SD, HD, Duty pleasure, but of course I'm a little prejudice.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 003.jpg  

Last edited by LEO2B; 05-05-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Differences are slim. But don't let the non traditional slide hold you back there are still plenty of holster options. Me personally I am buy an extreme I like grips trigger and the night sights.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM

LEO2B, that is a nice looking weapon, no doubt about it. I personally like the looks of the non-traditional slide, but I never thought about the limitations that would have, even if very minuscule. Thanks for the info and heads up. I would love to purchase an extreme model, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost for all the little additions over a nitron railed model.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
LEO2B, that is a nice looking weapon, no doubt about it. I personally like the looks of the non-traditional slide, but I never thought about the limitations that would have, even if very minuscule. Thanks for the info and heads up. I would love to purchase an extreme model, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost for all the little additions over a nitron railed model.
Thanks, yes, the non-TR slides are a different breed for holsters-start shopping for one before you buy that pistol, if you are planning to carry at all. There's some threads on holster selection here in the SIG section, holsters/kydex section, and the 1911 Service section on the 10-8 Forums. However, if it will strictly be a range and HD firearm with no draw training/carry necessary, the holster point is moot.

Have fun shoppin!!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Yes I'd go with the extreme also .and you Can Get the. Extreme from 700.to 900 $. And iam. Finding out. You can get holsters there's. Just alot to choose. From. Lol. So. Have fun. !!! . All sigs are. Great guns !!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 AM

I dont know why but I like compairing guns to cars and the difference in Sig's is like getting a base model or one that has the options you like to one being fully loaded with options you didn't know you wanted.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGmanfrued View Post
I dont know why but I like compairing guns to cars and the difference in Sig's is like getting a base model or one that has the options you like to one being fully loaded with options you didn't know you wanted.
Yes! I did not know I wanted Novak night sights!