1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Training Talk & Events

Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM

anyone been to a TDI class

i was looking into the tdi training classes and was wondering if anyone has been to one or know anyone who has. i live in ohio and my mother inlaw lives about 45 minutes from there so it would be the most economical for me. i really dont have the extra money to fly out to gunsite or the sig academy.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Their classes are very good, Dave Bowie is one of their instructors...check some of their vids on youtube, trained there in 2009.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 AM

The classes are very good, the instructors are great and to top it off it was fun.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM

i was looking at doing the level 1-3 class. how is it structured? i have 2 bad knees so a run and gun or dive in the dirt is not possible. do the instrutors act like drill sargents or people. i dont want to spend the money and have someone yell at me all day.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 AM

They will ask about the things you mentioned to make sure that they will not be putting you in further jeopardy of re-injuring something..as the instructor/s they are responsible for range safety...they will not force you to do something you cant physically handle
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 AM

Took the Defensive Shotgun Course and my Lady and I took Handgun 1-3 together (so she could get her CCW). Excellent instruction and trainers. The 2 shoot houses seals the deal in my estimation. My friend Rob has taken almost all of TDI's classes as well a many other places and says bang for the buck TDI is the best.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Group rate?

Thanks for the feedback, as I was wondering about TDI as well. I live in WV, about 1 1/2 hours from West Union, so it's nice to have a facility with solid instruction so close. A couple of questions though... Does TDI offer group rates, and if so, how large must the group be? Also, I wonder if enough interest could be generated here on the boards to put together a group to train there? It might be a more economical way for us to get in some solid training. Just throwing out ideas.

Kimber Custom Covert II
Taurus .44 Special