1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Giving Kimber another shot

I bought a custom II 2 years ago and had nothing but problems with it. It spent 2 months at the Kimber shop before they called and said they would refund my money or replace the pistol with another one. I took the refund and said I'll never own another Kimber again. Well I bought a SA range officer Wednesday and sent it to the custom shop Today to have some work done that I wanted. On the way home I stopped at the LGS and saw this little gem sitting there and decided that I needed to own this one so I bought it. I hope it works much better then my first did.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 PM

I hope this works out for you.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM

I hope it works well and you enjoy it

NRA Member
Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Custom II, Kimber Custom TLE II RL,Kimber Ultra TLE II, Kimber Raptor Pro II SS.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Let us know how it runs. I've had a few issues with my UC ll and it's in the custom shop now. I trust that Kimber will make it right for me. The gun is very accurate and carries very well imo. I hope yours turns out well.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Glad to know you gave Kimber another chance. Hope it turns out better for you.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager247 View Post
I bought a custom II 2 years ago and had nothing but problems with it. It spent 2 months at the Kimber shop before they called and said they would refund my money or replace the pistol with another one. I took the refund and said I'll never own another Kimber again. Well I bought a SA range officer Wednesday and sent it to the custom shop Today to have some work done that I wanted. On the way home I stopped at the LGS and saw this little gem sitting there and decided that I needed to own this one so I bought it. I hope it works much better then my first did.

I have never owned an Ultra, but I have a wide variety of Pro and Customs. All my Kimber are steel frames and most have rails. I have not had a single problems in nearly a thousand rounds in each. I cycle through them all depending on the occasion. I am sure you will enjoy your new purchase.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM

I had the same kind of experience a few years ago with a Kimber Ultra CDP II,swore I would not go back,I am glad I did rethink it.I now carry a Aegis Ultra II or a Pro Carry HD II,both have been very well behaved.Good luck and enjoy.I think Kimber makes a nice 1911.
SECONDARY-KIMBER PRO CARRY HD II
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 PM

I just got a Pro Carry HD II and in the first 50 rounds I've had probably 40 malfunctions. Mostly failure to eject. The gun goes boom then click. I rack the action the empty ejects new round in, boom, click rack, boom, click, rack. Sometimes I get stovepipes. I'm shooting WW silver tips, Fiocchi +P and hot hand loads (.38 super). I'm glad to see comments about no trouble or the factory takes care of you.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Banned

Hmm.. another short aluminum frame weapon.. good luck..
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 AM

One thing's for sure, you definitely need to hold 'er tight with a stiff-arm grip to get it to run 100%.

I learned this on my Super Carry Ultra.

Took about 200 rounds to get acquainted with the recoil pattern of the little lightweight pistol but after that I had no problems.

That Utra Carry looks like a nice blaster, I want to get one of those to beat the hell out of it with practice so I can save my SCU for EDC.

Waiting for a chance to shoot with the new WC Starburst grips installed.

BTW-Jager247, I think you really made out by getting a full refund, all the dogs I bought over the last 2 decades were sold at a loss to keep my conscience and Karma intact.

Good luck with new one!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM

Good luck!

Rick
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM

When I saw my own ultra carry I also said I had to have it for some reason. I don't know what it is about the little gun that it so appealing but it obviously hooked you and me both. You'll love it though, if it's anything like mine it's going to be a great shooter. Make sure you lube it up nice and good before the first range session!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISKIMBER View Post
Hmm.. another short aluminum frame weapon.. good luck..
That's what I was thinking.....not really about the aluminum frame but about it being one of the shorter versions. I've noticed that the odds of getting a lemon go up incrementally as they get shorter....
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM

Grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Driver View Post
One thing's for sure, you definitely need to hold 'er tight with a stiff-arm grip to get it to run 100%.

I learned this on my Super Carry Ultra.

Took about 200 rounds to get acquainted with the recoil pattern of the little lightweight pistol but after that I had no problems.

That Utra Carry looks like a nice blaster, I want to get one of those to beat the hell out of it with practice so I can save my SCU for EDC.

Waiting for a chance to shoot with the new WC Starburst grips installed.

BTW-Jager247, I think you really made out by getting a full refund, all the dogs I bought over the last 2 decades were sold at a loss to keep my conscience and Karma intact.

Good luck with new one!
Hi 45Driver, do your Wilson grips have a blue color to them? I've looked on Wilson Combats website and cannot find them anywhere.
Kimber Pro TLE/RL w TLR-1 HL
Kimber Ultra CDP II
Old 05-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Agreed. I like those grips and am curious as well. I hope to pick up my cdp ultra friday. I rented a stainless compact and decided I want a compact 1911 to carry.
Im glad kimber seems to be responsible to their customers.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM

I believe these are the same Wilson Starburst,they are actually a grey/black.Usually Brownells has them but they sure aren't cheap.Better part of $100.00
SECONDARY-KIMBER PRO CARRY HD II