1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > 2A Legal & Political News ONLY

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Seattle Weekly blogger trying to make crooks sound like the victims

To no surprise, a blogger in the ultra-liberal Seattle Weekly is trying to make it sound like the criminals who got shot by homeowners recently were all senseless deaths of basically good people:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/dailywe...ootings_se.php

Fortunately the readers posting comments are all basically giving the author his what for!
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.

Last edited by dsk; 09-13-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: fixed outdated link
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 PM

Oh my dear lord.

He was drunk, on cocaine, and wanted to fight... but he meant no harm, he was a good person. It is unbelievable.

I cannot stop laughing at the comment left by some R.R. Anderson individual.

the "my self-defense weapon of choice is the Molotov-cocktail. I keep one next to my reading light. Can't wait for some knuckle-head to break into my house. "WELCOME TO HELL!" i'll scream as the whole living room goes up in flames" R.R. Anderson
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
.... is trying to make it sound like the criminals who got shot by homeowners recently were all senseless deaths
They were senseless deaths. They should have behaved better.

Josh Henderson was said to be a good man to his family.
And a lowlife thieving a-hole to other families.

Apparently there is bad gun violence and good gun violence.
Correct. Just like bad drug usage and good drug usage. And bad squeezin' some lady's kiester and good....., well, you get the idea.
L.

Last edited by L.E.; 05-04-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Jesu Christo.......... what else are these bleeding heart liberals gonna come up with? Dirtbags got what they asked for.

www.jsggunleather.doodlekit.com
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Liberalism at its core is moral confusion. The good is judged as bad and the bad is judged as good. Criminals are just misunderstood victims of society. People who stop them are unfair and unenlightened. You cannot win arguments with these people because attempting to argue with them presupposes they have enough logic and reason to be convinced. But the truth is, modern day liberalism, at its core, is devoid of reason so it is therefore impervious to reason.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Liberalism at its core is moral confusion. The good is judged as bad and the bad is judged as good. Criminals are just misunderstood victims of society. People who stop them are unfair and unenlightened. You cannot win arguments with these people because attempting to argue with them presupposes they have enough logic and reason to be convinced. But the truth is, modern day liberalism, at its core, is devoid of reason so it is therefore impervious to reason.
Quoted for truth. Those who believe life can be made fair through government edict are beyond reach.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM

I've seen comments by the family of a recently deceased armed robber who was killed in his line of work. ("It's the life of an outlaw, tough ain't it")

The comments ran along the lines of:

He wasn't going to shoot anyone, he just wanted the money!!

The robbers and their loved ones seem to think it's a game between the police and the robbers and no one else can play. And that if you just give the man with the gun the money, he will leave and not force everyone into the back room and kill them first.

This blogger is out of his mind.
NRA Life Member

Last edited by BillD; 05-04-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I've seen comments by the family of a recently deceased armed robber who was killed in his line of work. ("It's the life of an outlaw, tough ain't it")

The comments ran along the lines of:

He wasn't going to shoot anyone, he just wanted the money!!

The robbers and their loved ones seem to think it's a game between the police and the robbers and no one else can play. And that if you just give the man with the gun the money, he will leave and not force everyone into the back room and kill them first.
So they carry a gun for what reason then? It matches their outfit?

I'm not a mind reader. I leave that sort of nonsense to those who fancy themselves my superior.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

The blogger's argument is without merit and should be dismissed as nonsense. Maybe he could get the word out to criminals that their chosen vocation is dangerous. He could put up flyers or something.

Robert

Last edited by thearmedrebel; 05-04-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Some just don't get it.
If your in my house, your a threat.
Add me to the list of people who wont take it.
Dave from Tacoma.
SEMPER FI
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

I hope one day he faces a group of gang bangers or poor little criminals that sociaty has wronged and they feel they have all the right to take it on sociaty including him and lets see how he will feel about that if he survives the encounter.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist says "When you break into someone's home, you take the chance you will be shot."

Somebody should make this a bumper sticker.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 PM

My liberal friends don't pay heed to the Seattle Weekly. I highly doubt anyone mistakes the editorial slant and the writing of the paper for news. It and the Stranger are good if you want to know where to drink or see a indie band, or some unsavory things, and not much else.

Even the uber-lefty Mayor McGinn despises the Weekly, though he has fairly valid reason for doing so.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Some people just won't believe fire is dangerous until it burns them.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuHu View Post
Some people just won't believe fire is dangerous until it burns them.
The only way the Weekly will burn us is if one of those damn Anarchists uses it as a fuse for his Molotov.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Thanks for sharing. This has to be the most asinine piece of writing ever.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscubes View Post
The only way the Weekly will burn us is if one of those damn Anarchists uses it as a fuse for his Molotov.
They're still too busy in their little bookstore down by the Farmer's Market, worshipping that Starbucks sign with a big X and talking about how anti-establishment they are...in their nifty little mass produced Che shirts or some with a great big A on the chest, talking about bringing down corporate America in their converse shoes. Lived there for four years, those folks are a joke and so is this blogger.

Fact is that people like that hate conflict. Bet they never competed in athletics, hated jocks, babied by mommy and daddy, told they were special, and believed that crap they pushed in school about expecting respect. The teacher was there to save them if someone bullied them, got taught about using "proper" channels...all that BS. When you raise folks in a feel good society that coddles everyone and teaches societal dependance on the government and its services it leads to a particularly sissified sort of individual. I've long felt that the sort of guy on this kind of bent is afraid of weapons, on a Freudian scale, and he feels weak, neutered, and the idea that there are men and women who don't feel that way scares and disgusts him. What's the best solution? Overcoming your fears? Nope, those big bad scary guns need to get gone here and now.

Going on about the rights of the criminal, never considering the fact that the other guy, the victim might have had a few rights too. I still love the term gun violence, as if its somehow more severe than knife, fist, basebal bat, or any other form of violence a guy could care to name. Idiocy, severe, outright, massive stupidity on a scale of 20X.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodadek View Post
When you raise folks in a feel good society that coddles everyone and teaches societal dependance on the government and its services it leads to a particularly sissified sort of individual. I've long felt that the sort of guy on this kind of bent is afraid of weapons, on a Freudian scale, and he feels weak, neutered, and the idea that there are men and women who don't feel that way scares and disgusts him.
I'm proud of your parents. They raised a very perceptive young man who is wise beyond his years and really has his head screwed on straight.

Good parents and wise young men are commodities our society needs in greater abundance these days.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Left wing idiots like that guy always believe their hatred of guns makes them more civilized than the rest of us. No one ever taught them that civilization is not the natural order of things. The reality is it took men with guns and other weapons to create civilization and to defeat the uncivilized barbarians. If guns are ever banned, we will not be more civilized but instead less civilized since the ignorant masses will rule.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 AM

Seattle Weekly blogger trying to make crooks sound like the victims

What are those three stupid rules again?

ps: Red Dirt Dave where are you when we need you?

Last edited by master gunner; 05-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Left wing idiots like that guy always believe their hatred of guns makes them more civilized than the rest of us. No one ever taught them that civilization is not the natural order of things. The reality is it took men with guns and other weapons to create civilization and to defeat the uncivilized barbarians. If guns are ever banned, we will not be more civilized but instead less civilized since the ignorant masses will rule.
This one's worthy of a quote or signature line.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht77 View Post
left wing idiots like that guy always believe their hatred of guns makes them more civilized than the rest of us. No one ever taught them that civilization is not the natural order of things. The reality is it took men with guns and other weapons to create civilization and to defeat the uncivilized barbarians. If guns are ever banned, we will not be more civilized but instead less civilized since the ignorant masses will rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
this one's worthy of a quote or signature line.
+2
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM

It's interesting that they consider defending ones self as gun violence. Since when are you commiting an act of violence by preventing harm to yourself or family?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Because to them there's no such thing as a "bad" guy. The person inside your house at 3am with a large knife in his hand is still somebody's father or son, and I guess you're supposed to not harm them even if it means trading your life for theirs.

Last edited by dsk; 05-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM

If the shootings were so tragic.

What does that make the acts that brought these shootings about?
Closed Thread