1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > LEO Duty

Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Pics of my new patrol unit!!

Ok guys,

Took a couple of pics with a decent camera yesterday.

Please excuse my disgusting 32 but MSPaint sanitizing of the city name and logo, my laptop took a ****, so I am using my 10 year old desktop.

These things are great compared to a CVPI. I would still prefer a car of some type (Charger or Caprice), but all the extra room is nice, and I won't complain about getting new rides period. They replaced our whole fleet with these...

Hard to catch all the lights on without a tripod....

––Tim
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Leather seats?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Nice, I have a suburban and love it.
[B]Wilson CQB LE :Springfield Loaded Combat Black S.S.: EMP :Colt "Sterling": Night Defender : Light Rail, Night Commander: Sig Sauer Platinum,P238: Kimber TLE Custom: American Classic II, Taraus PT1911LEO
Proverbs 18:21 The power of life and death are in, the tongue...
Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM

I can almost hear the bass thumping as you roll down the street for a stop!
NRA Life Member
Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Looks great!, you only have blue lights? In Colorado we have red, blue, yellow, amber, ect!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty908 View Post
Ok guys,

Please excuse my disgusting 32 but MSPaint sanitizing of the city name and logo....

Hard to catch all the lights on without a tripod....

––Tim

Tim,

I'm glad that I went back and read your above quote after I got over being mesmerized by your way-cool ride.

It looks like you work for the Gazebo Police.

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Old 04-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Nice! Mine is a slicktop white Expedition, I'd much prefer a black Tahoe though! Our graphics are very generic looking, but my chief designed them some years ago and any talk of "changing" them is met with stiff resistance.

I don't have any recent pics of it, but here's one from a couple months ago. Having a take home car is great...not having space for it in the garage ain't so great!

At least I didn't have to blur the graphics! Thanks Ma Nature!

"We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless." - Jeff Snyder
Old 04-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Smitty...That's a sharp looking Unit..stay safe.

Front Range, That snow encrusted Expy reminded me of one of our K-9 guys that ran away from home...He wound up in central Montana, West of Billings. He got on a small, small dept and told me one night he came out of the station and his Patrol car would'nt move. Wheel was frozen solid....Another night he responded to a ONA from MHP...by the time he got there, over an hour away, it was all over, and he got time off for leaving the town un-protected. He ran off with a waitress from the truck stop out on 90.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Nice ride! I have a 2009 Tahoe PPV. The batteries failed yesterday and we had to put in 2 new ones at a premium of almost $500 for replacement Delco's!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Nice ride. Love the stealth black Chevy's.

I'm waiting for a new unmarked. I'm kind of a Chevy guy, but a 4x4 Tahoe was a little outside our budget range. So we're going to try the Ford Utility AWD, Looks pretty interesting so far. Basically a souped up Explorer, but it's got more room than my Impala.

Life is too short to carry ugly guns.

Sometimes there's Justice. Sometimes there's just us.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 PM

Sweet! I was in line to be issued a Tahoe, but my supervisor who was transferring out at the time told HQ I didn't want it and they gave it to someone else! If he was still around I'd kick his ass for that! He also had a Charger for me a few years ago that he let the Captain reassign to a different area as well. Captain had good reasons, but my supervisor didn't even TRY to go to bat for me!!! Enjoy your new ride - I'm retired now and riding my new Harley!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Here's a bunch of pics of ours over the years compiled by a retired copper from a neighboring community

http://policecarwebsite.net/westside/pepper.html
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm retired now but the city I live in just went to all black vehicles, the guys like it!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Nice love it. I am just scared to hear the gas millage on it.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:10 AM

Nice ride.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Very nice; enjoy!

Considering that there are so many distracted drivers on the roads today, I would want to be surrounded by something big if I still drove the number of miles I did while working.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 AM

Needs about 6" of lift, 35" M/T's (I'm 9 generations fron NC - the Confederacy is comprised almost entirely of red clay! ), then you gotta add a CAI, Flowmaster Super 44's, and Superchip it.

THEN you can follow the badguys ANYWHERE!
"This is also why Christ did not wield the sword... although He sanctions the sword, He did not make use of it, for it serves no purpose in His kingdom, in which there are none but the upright." - Martin Luther, 1523 -
Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 AM

My first G Car was a well used Chevy Celebrity.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM

Smitty...is that an AR rack overhead???

if so.....which one did you go with?

I am fighting with Admin to put ARs up front instead of the trunk. We just bought 2 Tahoes and more are coming.

if you could snap a pic....that would be great!!! if its a 12 gauge....no need to follow up.

thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM

SW,

Sorry for the delay. No overhead racks in these.

We have a double vertical rack in between the front seats. 12ga w/buckshot and AR15.

Beanbag gun in the back.

I will try to get you a pic when I go back to work Friday.

-Tim.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:07 PM

I love our Tahoes and so does my back... No slicktops for us though. Once you learn to drive em they are surprisingly quick and nimble for a big SUV. A few of our newer Tahoes even have LPR's (license plate readers). We have our issued AR, less-lethal 870, lethal 870, and even hard mounted printer's up front. You are gonna fall more and more in love with it the more you drive it. We have had very few problems with ours compared to the Crown Vics they replaced. We have a total of 13 front line and a K-9 unit, 2 of them are a few years old and still front line even with 100k+ miles on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.McQueen View Post
Nice love it. I am just scared to hear the gas millage on it.
Not as bad as you would think, but definitely not as good as a Crown Vic. I burn about 1/2 tank per 12 hour shift if we are steady. I have burned almost a full tank in a 12 hour shift a couple times, but we were slammed all night long...

Last edited by jeepman1320; 06-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 PM

How come no 22in chrome rims, ?????
Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 PM

Street tires and ground effects on an SUV or Pick-up make me throw up a little in my mouth.

But glad you like it! That's what matters.
Where the brave may live forever!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM

Very professional-looking SUVs you guys have. No doubt they "project" a convincing presence during stops.

What is it they say? First impressions are lasting impressions...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM

Good looking ride although I too would prefer a red light next to each blue one. You've had it for a while by now, what kind of miles are on the clock and how is it holding up e.g. its durability? Hope it's still as good as new.

We had our share of Fords, Chevys and Dodges over my 30 year span. The Fords held up the best followed by the Dodges and then the Chevys. Seems like the Chevy seats broke down twice as soon as the others but it was amazing that any cars held up when run 24/7. The Fords seemed to be the preferred cars with those who had to drive them except for the Fairmonts with in-line 6 cyl. engines. Powered by propane. Couldn't get out of its own way.

We had 4-door Dodge K-cars too. They were a lot quicker than the Fairmonts & when your briefcase or other non-secured equipment went flying, it was within easy reach. Tough to get a hand-cuffed suspect in the backseat though. . . . .