1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Competitive Shooting

Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM

No offense to anyone who personally know Littlejohn but I am disappointed to see that he is still in the competition. It seemed as though he had way to many failures and errors early on. The only time he has really stepped up has been in elimination challenges. The past competition with the 1919 was the only time he actually excelled at anything so far in the show. Then again who knows how much they script to make it appear that way

Last edited by 98XJRC; 04-25-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 AM

Well ok, so it wasn't a Ma Duece, it was a 1919. Still looked like a heck of a lot of fun.

I liked Kyle, but the fact he's gone doesn't bug me. A little too touchy-feely for my taste. Right down to the end, he wouldn't vote against Gary because they'd both been on the same team. Screw that, it's every man for himself now. Personally, I'd want the best shooters gone. It's about winning.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
We met George and several others from the show at the SHOT show this year, we didn't see Kelly. We bumped into them in the hall way just outside the exhibit halls so it wasn't a "meet and greet" event. George was wearing his mil uniform. He was as nice and gracious as he could be. So all that stuff on the tv show maybe just "acting".
I spoke with Jamie Franks last year at a firearm-related event and asked him about George. He says that he thinks George decided to put on a personna for the show because he really wasn't like that outside of filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinShooter View Post
I was pulling so hard for Chris, he had a dream about a stranger in VA last night.
I got to run Chris through an IDPA classifier last weekend. Really nice, personable guy. Would loved to have chatted with him about the show, but he's trying to make Master (Chee just jumped from Sharpshooter to Master the previous weekend), and I wanted to give him a chance to focus on his shooting.

Both Chris and Chee are shooting in a big IDPA sanctioned match I'm an M.D. for in June.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Looks like Chris, Chee, and Greg are all in serious competitions right now. Which one is in training for the professional marksman contract?

Good show last night. This is a terrific season, which good events, and not too much BS at the house.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxvictim View Post
Looks like Chris, Chee, and Greg are all in serious competitions right now. Which one is in training for the professional marksman contract?
I jokingly asked Chris where his Bass Pro Shop professional shooter jersey was. He laughed and dodged the issue.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM

If bandanna man wins I will lose all faith in television...not that I really had any to begin with.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 PM

A Christian camp counselor wins season 3.

An Information Technology guy wins season 4.

So all you commandos, cops, competitors and gun gurus...'splain it.

Could it be that raw talent wins the day?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 PM

Best series yet!! Great group of competitors::::
CONGRATS. to "Chris"
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 AM

I really enjoy watching Top Shot, but as we all know it's not always the most skilled shooters that make it to the final or win. I really believe last year the guy that won (was his name Dusty?) was the most skilled. This year I don't think it was Chris, albeit he was very skilled and consistent. I just thought that both William and Gabby had more pure shooting skills than Chris.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1911 View Post
If bandanna man wins I will lose all faith in television...not that I really had any to begin with.
I thought the same thing, if he won I was gonna throw my remote thru my TV.

Btw... Am I the only who wanted to get a longer look at Michelle's audition photos?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGus View Post
I really enjoy watching Top Shot, but as we all know it's not always the most skilled shooters that make it to the final or win. I really believe last year the guy that won (was his name Dusty?) was the most skilled. This year I don't think it was Chris, albeit he was very skilled and consistent. I just thought that both William and Gabby had more pure shooting skills than Chris.
I second that I've seen Gabby shoot, I never want to be on her bad side.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM

Like any reality show that has eliminations, sometimes the best get voted out early. Anyone can have a bad day and it eventually shows up in the elimination challenge. Sometimes the others want the toughest competitors gone.

Congrats to Chris, he did a heck of a job. I think a lot of his win has to do with 'slow and steady wins the race'. He wasn't a standout shooter among the group, nor was he bad. He kept his nose clean and shot well enough to keep clear of most of the elimination rounds. And when the chips were down, he shot like a champ.

At least Littlejohn remembered to cock the flintlock this time.....

Last edited by thisusernamevalid; 05-02-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentech05 View Post
Btw... Am I the only who wanted to get a longer look at Michelle's audition photos?
Gosh you guys, I though we were all here to talk about guns and stuff. So check out these desert eagles!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5V7wH9Zh4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post

The camp counselor was the best shot IMO. Although I felt that near the end Kyle should have taken it, Chris was the best talent left in the final 4.

I believe that raw talent trumps everything else.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

No... The ability to adapt to any/all firearms/weapons is what is needed to win.

A lot of the people on this show that have been knocked off in seasons past have specialties that they exceled at/are the best in the world... On the show, they dominated at THOSE challenges...but what gets them is that one challenge that they don't normally do/have any experience in?

Congrats to Chris though.. he ROCKED. I'd love to see Chris go up against Dustin from last season. That would have been cool.

The bar challenge(6 guns, different targets/distances) was funny. They mention the most crazy shot on top shot was that shotgun thing... I'd have to disagree. Mike from last season and his one handed AK47 shot was pretty insane... Totally fit the guy's personality haha.

MIke.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Just happened on this show yesterday. I chuckled when the "no formal training" guy won. Good for him ! Way to go !

With no vested interest in any of the "characters" it was an interesting way to have a competition. Different guns (different eras), fun targets (if they could hit them), and you call the shot. Heck that's what we used to do when we went shooting in the desert 35 years ago.

Pretty good match up at the end, and real close.

Guess I'll set the "record" option for next season to check it out.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Guess I'll set the "record" option for next season to check it out.
Netflix has a couple seasons, maybe all 3 previous.

Don't have Netflix? Sign up for the free trial, watch the show, then bail!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 PM

I knew IT guy would win! I can't believe he outshot littlejohn on the grenade launcher...lol isn't littlejohn a world champion grenadier?
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM

You can see that Littlejon was 4 inches from winning it. His second shot missed low right by about 4 inches. He let it fly while the debris was still falling from his first target.

His first round was also a "seperation", that's why the big puff of orange at the muzzle. The round won't fly as well without the cone on it.
IDPA: A28551
www.youtube.com/want2race441
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM
1911 Aficionado

If someone had shown me only the "Top Shot Saloon" segment, I'd have assumed that the three guys were competing for first alternate, prior to filming the first episode of the season. That was painful.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM

D'oh! I just got spoiled accidentally by reading your posts. My DVR recorded the season re-hash episode last night, which I watched half of, but I didn't realize the final four episode had also aired. Now to go home and watch that episode already knowing the final result.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlglen101 View Post
Gosh you guys, I though we were all here to talk about guns and stuff. So check out these desert eagles!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5V7wH9Zh4
I'm sorry, what desert eagles?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
A Christian camp counselor wins season 3.

An Information Technology guy wins season 4.

I live in the Atlanta area. We have lots of shoot outs between police and criminals. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for LEO's and thank God for them, their courage and the job they do. However, I've been surprised at how poorly they do in shoot outs. It seems that most of the time the criminal hits more than the cop in do or die situations.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan View Post
I live in the Atlanta area. We have lots of shoot outs between police and criminals. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for LEO's and thank God for them, their courage and the job they do. However, I've been surprised at how poorly they do in shoot outs. It seems that most of the time the criminal hits more than the cop in do or die situations.
That's because government instructors suck. I shoot competitively and most cops and special forces guys are really not great shooters. Of course some are very good but, they were good shots before. A buddy who I grew up with is a firearms instructor for the Border Patrol, this is a guy who didn't even know how to sight in a rifle. Read the book and repeat. Again for all of you out there I know that some are good shooters just not many.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM

"I live in the Atlanta area. We have lots of shoot outs between police and criminals. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for LEO's and thank God for them, their courage and the job they do. However, I've been surprised at how poorly they do in shoot outs. It seems that most of the time the criminal hits more than the cop in do or die situations."

The stats are skewed in favor of the criminals because often it is the criminal who starts the shooting. They get the first shot off most of the time and sometimes it's actually nothing more than an ambush. Mark
Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Average Moderator

And the stats also show that the police do MUCH better when they get to fire first. Unfortunately for them, they are usually reacting.