1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > The Armed Citizen

Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM

Amazing shot placement and great reaction time made sure that everyone (except the BG) came out OK on this one. Bravo 5-0!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM

Thankfully he used a .45acp weapon versus 9mm.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Wow
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM

It's interesting that the cop keeps his weapon plastered against his side in the aftermath.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 PM

a gun in hand is a gun in use
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM

Cop should have waited for the bg to shoot at him first.... NOT
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labow View Post
It's interesting that the cop keeps his weapon plastered against his side in the aftermath.
He must have been trained to do that.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Nice shoot. That cop was cool as a cucumber. Im guessing the recividism rate is much lower in Brazil.
The perp was the one person who had control over that situation. He wanted to steal and possibly murder, he got what he had coming. The cop didnt owe that piece of garbage a warning or anything else.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM

well he wont be robbing anybody anymore.

Custom Grips-----------------------> http://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com/
Old 05-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And it must have been a 45, the guy's shoe flew off. We all know a 45 will knock you out of a pair of laced combat boots, those flipflops never stood a chance.

Oh, and keeping the weapon at ready is proper until he's lacking a pulse. Ricky Robber could have a piece stuck in his belt "bandito" style. Watch closely, the cop makes him open the hoody and untuck. It wasn't to check the wound, boys. There's no code among thieves that says "Thou shalt carry only one Roscoe"

Last edited by Grunt33; 05-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM

It's gotta suck that the last words you hear in your life are a police officer getting after you.
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:47 PM

Did my eyes deceive me or did the perp break his fall with his hands. No muzzle flash, no blood. Things that make you go hhhmmm
Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 AM

If it is a .45, where is the recoil? I want one of those. Could it be a training video?

Last edited by Labow; 05-16-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:12 AM

Wow! 9mm, .40, .45?

Being that this happened in Brazil, I say 9mm.
Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper20 View Post
Did my eyes deceive me or did the perp break his fall with his hands. No muzzle flash, no blood. Things that make you go hhhmmm
I noticed that as well.
COTEP - #300

NRA member
GOA member
TSRA member
Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post
Geeze did he even yell at the guy to drop his weapon? He had it down when the cop confronted him.

Curious to hear if people think the cop did the right thing here.
Are you serious?

The Officer had no cover and had an armed subject with intent on robbery and had obviously threatened lives within 3 feet of him.

If the Officer takes the "wait and see approach" people, including himself, could die.

Ordering the bad guy to drop the weapon could apply if there everything wasn't so confined as you see here. Such as if the guy is exiting the store with a gun, and the Officer is on the street using a car for cover. Even then if the thug raises the gun at all he gets shot.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labow View Post
Where should he keep it? He's keeping it close and in a controlled manner. I do this a lot. Especially considering that someone else in the store may be with the robber. You don't want to leave it extended where someone might grab it, and you don't want to holster just yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper20 View Post
On my second viewing I was wondering if the guy dropped the gun and hit the deck without being shot.

We don't see any muzzle flash or flip, but that could be due to a lousy frame rate in the video. Also the other customer does not look very surprised when the gunshot is supposed to happen. In other videos bystanders tend to crotch down or react with a lot more surprise.

Also the bad guy doesn't clutch for a wound or roll around that much. He looks alert enough to unzip his jacket, probably at the order of the Officer. No blood either, but sometimes gunshots are not all that bloody seconds after depending on what gets hit.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM

My guess is a spinal cord shot. The guy dropped like a sack of potatoes-like his legs gave out. Once on the floor, he never moves anything below his navel. Hips don't rock, knees don't flex. The right foot twitches a little which might be reflex. He obviously has use of his upper extremities.
Daniel Webster-Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters./Thomas Jefferson--I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

You guys do realize this video screams fake right?

Ironic how the guy "sits" down... no muzzle flash... NO ONE JUMPS when the gun was shot... and whats up with the video randomly pausing but the timer at the bottom keeps running? Also? How is it the guy who was next to the suspect calmly finished doing whatever he was doing and then calmly walked away?

MIke.

Last edited by mikeg1005; 05-16-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM

Not fun seeing someone be killed but you walk into a store with a handgun you better have your head on a swivel. No quarter given.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 PM

That's some clean burning ammo too. You think it is that aguilla stuff? I don't know but I'd like to get me some ammo that not only has no muzzle flash but also no smoke out of the gun at all. Wonder if it's quiet too?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM

It's a pretty low quality video, so it's easy to see where details are fudged. Look around youtube I'm sure you'll find plenty of videos where muzzle flash and sometimes even smoke are absent. If you look carefully you can see the muzzle flip though. You can also see his breathing get more labored and panicky as time went on. As far as the way he went down, the guy still had a pulse. Of course he tried to break his fall on instinct. Only way to eleminate reflexive responses are to cleanly sever the spinal cord or destroy the brain.

The only things that seem suspect to me are the lack of blood and the way other patrons finish up their business and walk off like nothing happened. Mostly the patrons though. The guy was wearing a black shirt that would easily conceal the stain, and it isn't like you're going to ooze gallons a minute through a 9mm (or even .45 cal.) hole. I couldn't say it would surprise me to discover that this is real, nor would it surprise me if it turned out to befake.

@ Labow: In a situation liek that, my gun wouldn't return to it's holster until I was 100% sure the would be robber didn't have backup somewhere. And when it did return to the holster, my hand would stay glued to the weapon until I was sure it would no longer be needed.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 AM

looks like a taser to me. - which is why there is little recoil, no smoke, why he keeps it out (as it is still stuck to the guy, he can zap him again), and why he falls on his butt.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 AM

if you look VERY cosely, at the momet of he shot, it looks to me like you can see the back of his hoody, right abve his lower back "push out" a little bit, like the bullet exited right there, but it hard to tell