1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Les Baer

Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 PM

I held a TRS today...

So I have been in the market for a new 1911 lately. I have gone back and forth on SA, COLT, and I have even considered Baer, but after crunching some numbers I realized that a Baer would be a bit reckless considering I have a family to support. I can’t bring myself to spend that much on myself.

But then it happened.

I kept debating over a Colt, or SA Loaded or TRP and I came to the conclusion that the only way I could make up my mind would be to go to gun shops and hold/play with them. So I decided to start today.
I went to a new gun shop and started to look at their 1911 inventory. I saw a Colt and asked to see it. Long story short it wasn’t what I was looking for. They did not have any SA 1911s so I gave my thank you and was walking away when the store owner said “ You’re not looking for a Colt, this is what you need.” He walked to the back of the shop and when he returned he was holding what else but a Les Baer TRS.

My eyes gleamed, my jaw dropped, and for the first time since I was a boy I got that feeling of “ I really want that really, really, bad!”

What an amazing 1911. I have never held a Baer before but now that I have I am left with no choice. I need to own one.

So I will save my pennies for as long as it takes to place my order for a TRS.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Good choice

When my FFL got my SRP is stock I was over and he said check this out. I was very impressed but he had a couple of buyers for it and I wasn't sure of I wanted to spend the money. Then I joined here and started reading. I called my FFL and he said someone else was buying it. I was bummed. Then he called and said the buyer flaked so it was mine of I wanted it.

It's mine
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM

Yeah, you really can't compare Colt and SA production stuff to that gun and walk away without being impressed. They do it right.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM

If you think it felt good in the store just wait til you take one out shooting. It'll make you look good on the target.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM

I have 2 Wilsons, 2 EB's, a NHC, a DW and 3 Baers. My TRS is my go to gun that gets used most frequently.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 PM

People all the time say there's no difference between a RIA, Taurus,Kimber,Colt, SA etc and the higher end guns. That is until they get to see one or even better shoot one, there is a world of difference.

The TRS is simply one of the best values out there.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM

I love mine. My go to gun.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM

I was happy as a lark when I was offered a NIB, unfired LB TRS for my three Glocks. I can get them Glocks for cheap all day long out here in AZ, but a NIB, Unfired TRS for $1700 (what I had into my Glock pkgs), ain't never gonna happen to me so I jumped on that trade and it was even delivered to my house, and haven't second guessed the decision once! GO GET IT PLAYER, get a second job if need be!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 PM

I once owned a SA Loaded. Fun gun but i didnt know much about 1911's when i bought it. I quickly sold it when i needed a few $$, got $400 for it and felt fine. Now my LB CC, It will never be sold. I will sell one of my dogs and a car before and even then, ill be a well protected homeless man before it leaves my side. The feel in my hands and the LB hard fit just make me feel like a better man.

Oh yea, At the USPSA match this weekend, there were 7 out of 30 shooters using 1911's (Single Stack) The classifier was 3 targets, one at 105ft. 24 shots total between the 3. I was 1 of 2 that did not miss one shot on all 3 targets. The other gun, a $4000 open gun. There were several Wilson's in my group. Lots of open and limited guns worth more then my lowly LB. It feels good and gives me confidence to know my gun will out perform most others, it is just up to me to do my part.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Im in the same boat you are my friend.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Put it on layaway, or save up the nickels and dimes if that is what you have to do. You will never regret the purchase.

I think that Baer's pistols such as the TRS or PII, while not inexpensive, are superb values for the money. They feel great to handle in the shop, but just wait until you shoot it. You'll be a happy guy.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Just buy it. You won't regret it i promise. if for some stupid reason you don't like it. You can sell it for near whet you paid for it.

Heck...i might even buy it from you.......

Last edited by blueHammer; 05-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfdcap View Post
I love mine. My go to gun.
Truth, you can't deny.

AND for the OP>
Look around for some "side work", maybe a neighbor is remodeling, or landscaping?
Few weekends of some x-tra will 'git er done'. Ask around at your real job, post a ad at the grocery. Then you'll be extra proud, that nobody got less for your want.

Last edited by Onegoodshot; 05-02-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM

There is a distinct feel to a Les Baer. Welcome to your new addiction. As others have said, look at lay-away or save until it can be yours. If you settle for something else you will regret it. Have patience, a Baer is worth the wait.

COTEP#CBOB0408
Old 05-05-2012, 10:53 PM

Save your pennies, or whatever it takes. you will never be sorry I walked into the shop with a budget, and cash in hand planning to put one on order. Then there she was; in the case, hard chrome, $300 more, out came the card, and I still have the smile on my face!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM

I did the same. I wanted a Baer Custom Carry for the longest time. After saving a few bucks and trading some guns (well two, actually) I ordered exactly what I wanted. Long story short, I LOVE my Custom Carry!! I have no buyer's or seller's remorse. Baer's are awesome guns! You won't be sorry buying one.