1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM

Hello from Nashville!

Hello everyone! New member here from Nashville!

A little about me:

I'm mostly quiet and like to lurk and learn. I have always been around firearms since I got my first bb gun when I was 5 and my first .22 rifle at 7 and it all just went downhill from there! For awhile I've been without a carry gun to my liking until recently I rekindled my love for the 1911 platform. Seems no matter what I did, I always ended up going back to them... Currently I only own one, and it is a less expensive brand "MetroArms: American Classic Commander" and I just LOVE it! I know you probably cannot tell from the pics but I've put 250 nearly flawless rounds through it! The only issue I had was with the ACT mag it came with. I've since replaced that with Wilson Combat mags and everything is PERFECT now! Here's a couple quick and dirty pictures! Thank you all for letting me be a part of this growing community!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Nice weapon. I only use Wilsom magazines in my 1911s and so far I've never had a problem and i don't expect one. In my opinion, after the .22 rifle at 7 it has been ALL UP HILL!

Welcome to the forum,

Grumpy

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."
Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Welcome. I'm a newbie here myself. We lived in Nashville for 6 years back in the late '70s and early '80s. Great town.