1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM

HP beer can rear sight parts

This is for the guys who happen to own and enjoy the Browning adjustable sights on the HP's-

I have ended up with a pile of HP parts, included are many adjustable sight parts, screws, sight bases, and the sight "barrel". I have them in blue and chrome. I also have a few of the solder-on front sight blades as well.

Anyone neading these parts (along with most "baby" Browning parts) give a shout.

Rusty
Old 04-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences
That's outstanding Rusty, here's my shout...

I'm fond of "Beercan" Sport Models...yea, I know ...carried one on/off duty for years, consequently I've since accumulated several more. Some, where previous owners made their windage adjustments with a shovel or whatever other inappropriate tool they had handy ...resulting in buggered-up (admittedly wider than necessary notch) screws. I've got another where a previous owner replaced the "Beercan" w/ an aftermarket sight but included the original "Beercan"...w/ a missing windage screw . I'd like to replace several of those windage screws...if you've got them, and if you'd be willing to part with them. If so, I'd imagine we could easily come to a mutually acceptable agreement ...

Further discussion via PM ok Rusty?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 PM

submoa- pm sent
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM

Thank you Sir...PM returned
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 PM

BTW guys, Rusty was great do deal with, he ships right away, and he has more Type A (Beercan) parts available...reasonably priced.
THANKS again Rusty
Old 06-30-2012, 02:23 AM

Hi there

Hi there Rusty Goose i was reading one of your posts about browning hi-power rear-sights and having some parts.

I was at the range for the first time with my browning hi-power 9mm chrome edition and one of the screws from the rear sight fell out. its a beer can sight and i'm having a hell of a time finding the replacement screw on line or with browning.
would you happen to have a spare screw for sale?
or know where i could find one?
i would appreciate it.
thanks
Moose
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM

pm sent
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Rusty, Do you have longer elevation adjustment screw? My poa/poi equals about three full turns from sight bottom out, and the screw comes out at three & one half. I've locktited it at two & half turn position for years and aimed higher to compensate...I've thought about reducing the front sight but I just cannot bring myself to alter the gun.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 PM

I just got some nickel plated screws from Rusty. Quick shipping and very reasonable on prices considering how hard it is to find the proper parts. I actually joined 1911forum because I found Rusty's for sale post in a search.
I'll post some pics of the old BHP as soon as I get her all dressed up with the proper screw!!
Thanks again Rusty!
Phil
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM

@rusty goose

I'm looking for the "Beercan" part of the rear sights on a browning BHP, + the 2 set screws.

Would you have any lying around?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Rod, I sent you a pm.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submoa View Post
BTW guys, Rusty was great do deal with, he ships right away, and he has more Type A (Beercan) parts available...reasonably priced.
THANKS again Rusty
I've been told he's cute and cuddly too...

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
I've been told he's cute and cuddly too...
That was 10 months ago Mr. Burgs...I don't know if Rusty is still cute and cuddly
Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM

Who the h3!! is spreading the wicked rumor that I'm cute!!!

I'm downright hansom, at least my Mom says so.....

Oh, and I still have HP sight parts too.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Rusty, you've got BHP parts, count yourself lucky no one called you gorgeous
Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 PM

Kareen Israel Lost Rear Sight

I was out practicing today and my rear sight decided to leave home and left no forwarding address. I had adjusted it some last week trying to adjust for my poor eyesight and I guess I created an even bigger problem. I sent a pm to Rusty Goose to see if he may have a suitable replacement I might be able to procure. Do any of you guys have one that is the original style or one that does not require machine work you would be willing to part with? Shooting without a rear sight has my neighbor a little concerned. Thank you

After some time digging through the grass and using a magnet, I found my rear sight. I still would like to know what to use for sights that may not need to be machine worked.
Attached Thumbnails
KAREENISRAEL 1AA0764 003.jpg   KAREENISRAEL 1AA0764 001.jpg   KAREENISRAEL 1AA0764 002.jpg  

Last edited by bama7; 03-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM

Rusty, I'm looking for the beer can and two windage adjustment screws for the BHP Type A rear sight if you still have any... Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 AM

In need of adjustable sight parts

Rusty,
Been looking hard for a elevation screw, and spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also new to this forum stuff, signed up just to find these parts, let me know if there is something I need to do to get more info
Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 AM

Hi Rusty, I am interested in buying the beer can aperture and the 2 windage screws from you.
For the Type A adjustable Browning sights. Talked to Browning today and they didn't have them any more. So you are my last hope.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 PM

@rusty goose

I just PMd you back man, sorry it took so long!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Beer Can sights

Rusty do you still have any beer can sight parts available?hanks
Old 01-01-2014, 06:21 PM

1971 HP sight Elevation Adjustment Parts?

Rusty,

I am looking for the two springs and one screw associated with elevation adjustment on my 1971 HP Sport. I somehow loosened it so much that when I shot the gun, all those parts disappeared into the dust. Can you or anyone help me with replacements? Or should I be looking for a replacement rear sight? If so, what would anyone suggest and who would do the installation? This is a range gun only.
Jim
Old 01-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Banned

I missed your question back on the first for some reason. As you can tell from this thread, type A sight parts are frequently sought and only sometimes found. It is not the end of the world however. The type B rear uses the same dovetail, point three six eight and the same front sight. Brownells used to have some new old stock type Bs and an outfit in Canada, western gun parts did as well. I will have a browning hi power millet back from a finish vendor I hope soon. They are .375 but a gunsmith or mortal with some file talent can alter the .007 to fit. It just has to be done on the most expensive part, the slide. You can have it for fed ex ground shipping. Think 12 dollars anywhere in the forty-eight. Browning should still have some high mount LPA rears. They will have the same double zero seven dovetail difference in need of being addressed. The type a, b, millet and first style lpa all use the same height front sight.

The millet is not as aerodynamic as the type A.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM

I really appreciate the information provided by chuntaro's latest post pertaining to suitable replacements for my "beer can" adjustable sight, with or without a widening of the slide dovetail. This is very useful information, and may be used in the future. As to my particular problem of losing the elevation screw, elevation screw spring and elevation spring in a shooting accident, this has been partially resolved. Rusty is sending me the elevation screw and Numrich is sending me the elevation spring. Unfortunately, Numrich is out of the only remaining part I need to put my adjustable sight back into action, the elevation screw spring. Maybe I can fabricate one or find a suitable substitute. It would be helpful to know the spring length, width and number of coils. Anyone??

I want to thank all on this forum for their help. I wish I had found this forum sooner. And special thanks again to Rusty and chuntaro.

Jim

Last edited by JfreemanL; 01-09-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 AM

Holy cow, I have been away too long. For those who are still seeking parts, I do have some left. Hit me up with a pm,it easier formeto track that way. I do have some windage screws and sight apertures, elevation screw might take some further digging.