1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Just arrived - Regent R200S *pics*

Just got a couple of these Turkish made guns in today and after what I had read in the other thread talking about the R200S at the gun show... I can see exactly what you mean. However....since the parts were not matching well.....some were polished....some were matte....I decided to equip it with black hardware and create a two tone look for contrast. I realize that most people don't want to buy a gun that you have to take out of the box and start replacing parts.....but I am all about experimentation. I have several photos to share before and after I replace some of the parts. I have more to do tomorrow......but I plan to make it a keeper after I get more parts changed out. Well....after we see how it shoots....lol.

Here are some photos out of the box...not the best quality photos...the glare off the SS slide was keeping my camera from showing good detail...but this will give an idea. Notice how some of the parts are really shiny and don't match the others. I will say that overall it isn't that bad...actually it is very tight, has decent sights, and a nice trigger pull. Just needs a little tweaking......lol.

Here are a few photos of it after I replaced the following with blued/park parts:

flat 30LPI checkered MSH
extended slide release
safety
magazine release
barrel bushing
recoil spring plug
hex grip screws

I also added a few things for the photos...a Pearce finger groove insert, a SS Wilson mag well, Chip McCormick magazine with base pad, and a set of Cocobolo grips. I have ordered a Wilson blued beavertail and probably will add a set of Pachmayer grips. I ordered the Wilson blued commander hammer....but may leave the original in....just depends on how it looks after I put the blued beavertail grip safety on. I will post more photos as it transmorphs...lol.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:19 AM

Nice.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM

That's looking much better than what I experienced at the gun show. I still think it needs a trip the the blasting cabinet to get everything the same finish (or at least close to it).
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM

Ok so we have covered how people dont like the way it looks. how does it shoot? Personally i couldnt give a damn about how it looked. Its a gun although pretty to some its main purpose it utilitarian.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlege View Post
Ok so we have covered how people dont like the way it looks. how does it shoot? Personally i couldnt give a damn about how it looked. Its a gun although pretty to some its main purpose it utilitarian.
Noticing things like mismatched parts = sloppy workmanship in my book. Sloppyness usually translates to crappy shooter or worse yet a gun that won't shoot. One gun in particular that I handeld at the gun show had so much play in the thumb safety that you could move it to the on position without the hammer cocked. I have a parts box assembled Essex gun with better assembly that the R200s gun(s) I saw last week. Their other product the R100 has a very nicely finish, well gapped with it's parts fitment. The R100's that I've shot, shoot well which is why I was so disappointed in this gun so I think you'd care how it looked if you spent your money on it. For the price they were asking $649 (good guy deal, $699 to everyone else), you could get a much nicer Ruger SR1911 or Custom II Kimber for about $100 more.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:31 PM

Because something has a different sheen, wouldnt translate to crappy part. It does seem a little expensive for the finish but until i see that it shoots like crap i wont call it a total failure.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:38 PM

That is nice. I have the IAC/TISAS which is jet black and I was thinking about doing the opposite and changing out all the small parts with stainless steal parts. Havent done it yet, but seeing yours makes me want to change mine. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by cjbiv; 03-29-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Trying to upload some pictures.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverrideplik View Post
Noticing things like mismatched parts = sloppy workmanship in my book. Sloppyness usually translates to crappy shooter or worse yet a gun that won't shoot. One gun in particular that I handeld at the gun show had so much play in the thumb safety that you could move it to the on position without the hammer cocked. I have a parts box assembled Essex gun with better assembly that the R200s gun(s) I saw last week. Their other product the R100 has a very nicely finish, well gapped with it's parts fitment. The R100's that I've shot, shoot well which is why I was so disappointed in this gun so I think you'd care how it looked if you spent your money on it. For the price they were asking $649 (good guy deal, $699 to everyone else), you could get a much nicer Ruger SR1911 or Custom II Kimber for about $100 more.
I'm with crash. I could buy a Para Ordnance SS GI for that price.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 PM

Looks nice and would like to see one in the flesh before commenting.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiv View Post
That is nice. I have the IAC/TISAS which is jet black and I was thinking about doing the opposite and changing out all the small parts with stainless steal parts. Havent done it yet, but seeing yours makes me want to change mine. Thanks for posting.
Hey CJ
I have the same 1911 and have changed the barrel bushing, mag release and extended slide stop to stainless. I can't do pics yet, but I'm satisfied with it. An order from MidwayUSA and it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails
1911.jpg  

Last edited by JohnR003; 03-31-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR003 View Post
Hey CJ
I have the same 1911 and have changed the barrel bushing, mag release and extended slide stop to stainless. I can't do pics yet, but I'm satisfied with it. An order from MidwayUSA and it's all good.
NICE.
Here's mine unaltered with just the grips changed to smooth Hogue Coco Bolo.
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC0326.jpg   GEDC0321.jpg   GEDC0325.jpg   GEDC0323.jpg  

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Nice grips. I'll try to keep the board posted on what goes with my econo upgrades.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM

Anyone handle the R3505CR yet?

It looks to be a Turkish version of the SA Champion Operator.

http://regentarms.com/products/models/r350cr.html

Even has a Series 80 type firing block.

CZ-USA and Armalie have been selling Turkish guns for years.

I was impressed with a friends Stoeger Cougar .45!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrami View Post
Anyone handle the R3505CR yet?

It looks to be a Turkish version of the SA Champion Operator.

http://regentarms.com/products/models/r350cr.html

Even has a Series 80 type firing block.

CZ-USA and Armalie have been selling Turkish guns for years.

I was impressed with a friends Stoeger Cougar .45!
I'm looking for one of those myself. I have a think for commander sized guns. And.. those Stoeger Cougar's are great shooters.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 PM

It goes bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I'm with crash. I could buy a Para Ordnance SS GI for that price.
I paid $550 in February for my brand new r200s. I have a little under 600 rounds through it with no FTE or FTF. I use chip mccormick magazines and any type of ammo I can get my hands on. Only complaint would be the feel and finish of the ambi safety (which feels like a thick paper clip...).

Bottom line is, I haven't had to do anything to the gun. I have a friend who bought an $1100 stainless kimber that has been sent in for service twice since before Christmas.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobert View Post
I paid $550 in February for my brand new r200s.
I'd pay that price for one. Since I made my original comment, I've handled one at a gun show. It seems to be pretty nice and well made. I wouldn't pay in the upper $600 range for one though.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Range Report?

I am new to this community, but I have been reading a lot on this forum over the last 6 months. I want to buy a budget 1911 so I am interested in this one. How about a range report? I cannot really get a chance to shoot one before I buy, so I would like to see some opinions of those who have shot it.

Last edited by curt01hawk; 05-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 AM

Mag well

Is that the mag well that bolts to the lower grip screws? where did you purchase it?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM

I have an r100 and frankly I love it. I am considering trading a S&W 29-2 44nag for a tarus PT 1911. Any pros/cons. They are both used.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM

RDGT67:
Pros for trade: None
Cons: Too many to even think about
The S&W will always be worth what you have in it, the Taurus won't. And that's not even discussing quality.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 PM

I have an early R100 (series 70 style) and also love it. While there do seem to be some lemons in the group for all the models they make the vast majority of people who actually shoot them, like them and find them reliable.