1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Caspian Arms

Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 AM

Confused on Ramps

Well Im knee deep in my Caspian build, everything has been great so far and I need insight on barrel ramps. My frame was cut for a Clark/Para Ramp.....so do I need a ramped barrel or would a non-ramped barrel be ok? Do I need to be concerned with unspported cases at this point? It will be in 45acp.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 AM

You need a ramped barrel with the Clark cut
Old 04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

Same you need a ramped barrel.They may make an insert to fill the cut out but I do not know for sure?It possiable to make one but probably not worth it.Call Clarke's they might have something like that.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 PM

90% of all aftermarket barrel manufactures will list their barrels as no ramp, Wilson/Nowlin ramp, or Clark/Para ramp. They are out their and fairly easy to find.

The ramp insert thing is not intended to take up the space from the cut. Its ment to repair a alloy framed gun that's had its GI frame ramp damaged.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2734 View Post
90% of all aftermarket barrel manufactures will list their barrels as no ramp, Wilson/Nowlin ramp, or Clark/Para ramp. They are out their and fairly easy to find.

The ramp insert thing is not intended to take up the space from the cut. Its ment to repair a alloy framed gun that's had its GI frame ramp damaged.
Thank you.I new I had heard something about them.I won't forget now.Are they always Welded in,or how do they norminally intall,them?I to had the same question as the poster,because I have a similar situtiation,and did not want to spend alot of money on a new ramped barrel.PS:I know they won't work for my app.just wanted to know what secures them?

Last edited by supervel; 04-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM

The frame insert is secured by a screw that is hidden by the slide stop.

USPSA A-27738

Allan
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Banned

Thank you very much.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 AM

Schuemann Barrels

I have used Schuemann barrels in a couple of my builds. One of them used the Clark/Para style of barrel ramp.
Their quality is GREAT but they are a bit more expensive than some of the options from Brownells.
Good luck!
P.S. You can order directly from Schuemann via their website.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Schuemann barrels are spectacular, Ted Yost used one of their AET models on a Delta Elite he did for me and it was a beepin' laser.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
Schuemann barrels are spectacular, Ted Yost used one of their AET models on a Delta Elite he did for me and it was a beepin' laser.

Here's what a Scheumann Ulitmatch ramped barrel does in an Accu-railed officer frame.Your mileage may vary. This gun in .38 Super.