1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Smith & Wesson

Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Factory bound

Sniff... sending my E series back to S&W for minor maintenance. The last time I shot it a spent case hit me in the face and drew blood. I've been hit in my shooting glasses and head numerous times and that was the last straw. Seems to be a common complaint so I expect it will come back repaired.

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to carry/shoot my SR1911.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM

I think all gun manufacturers should do better quality control before they throw them in the box and send them out.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM

My brand new e series, now known to me as a pos, is at the factory for more FTf then not.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 PM

My e series had one ftf with Speer ammo during the first fifty rounds, but has been flawless since, with 600 rounds thru it at this point, shooting golden saber.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Happy to report no FTF with mine. The only reason it went back was to tune the extractor so spent cases didn't eject at my head.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:50 PM

I have the same problem with my e series - ejecting straight into my forhead. The black finish around my saftey is also scratching off every time I click the safety on or
off.

Bob
COTEP #0071
Old 04-27-2012, 02:20 AM

Yup dropped mine off yesterday at S&W for a new front sight and finish repair. The scratches are just a little annoying on a new firearm
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Supposed to get mine back today. We'll see what documentation S&W supplies on repairs (if any).
Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 AM

How did you make getting you gun back? I called on mine yesterday and they said they were almost done, another 2 days. I'm a very patient man though I would like anytime soon.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursac View Post
How did you make getting you gun back? I called on mine yesterday and they said they were almost done, another 2 days. I'm a very patient man though I would like anytime soon.
Got my pistol back a week ago. The biggest hassle was the need for an adult signature to take delivery of the shipment. My wife and I work so we aren't home when the driver is in our area. I was able to go to the Fedex site and reroute the shipment to a local Fedex store and I picked it up there. As far as the pistol - I finally fired it yesterday and it seemed to work properly. All cases were on the ground between 3 and 5 o'clock. None hit me in the head so as for as I'm concerned repairs were performed to my satisfaction.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM

I have the same scratches under the safety. Seems to be common.