1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Kimber Accuracy is Amazing (pic)

Went to the range and put 100 more rounds through my new Pro Carry 2. I am learning to shoot this gun pretty well I think. The below pic is me from 7 yards and 35 rounds of Tulammo. Firing speed was about 1 miss, 2 miss, 3 miss etc. A few mags a little faster. Amazing, just amazing. Never been able to shoot like this with my Para GI LTC or American Classic Commader. What a gun!

And for those who want to know, my gun fired all 100 rounds today without one hiccup, including the 50 steel cased, dirty as all get out, Tulammo rounds. Fired from the factory Kimber mag and a used Colt 8 rounder I bought. She's a beast.

Attached Thumbnails
35rounds down range.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Very good shooting. Kimber makes nice pistols.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 PM

Nice shooting. I'm surprised regarding the Tula ammo, I thought it was junk ammo.
Looks ok from here.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-man View Post
Nice shooting. I'm surprised regarding the Tula ammo, I thought it was junk ammo.
Looks ok from here.
It is junk ammo. I had a bunch of rounds that had unburnt powder coming out of the barrel. Pretty sure the primers are junk. Anyway, even though they were $16 out the door for 50, I won't be using them again. I actually just wanted to see if the Kimber would "eat" them. It did, no reason to prove that one again.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
It is junk ammo. I had a bunch of rounds that had unburnt powder coming out of the barrel. Pretty sure the primers are junk. Anyway, even though they were $16 out the door for 50, I won't be using them again. I actually just wanted to see if the Kimber would "eat" them. It did, no reason to prove that one again.
Agreed on the junk ammo, along with Wolf, Tulammo, Silver Bear, Brown Bear, and all the rest of the Bear crap, as long as you don't mind supporting Russian communists. Norinco is the Chinese communists. Same crap.
Buy American. Your guns will thank you.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM

Nice shooting. The Tul Ammo is harder on your extractor seeing how its a steel case instead of a brass casing. I put a box threw my Custom II and it ate it up but after cleaning was when I made my final decision of never running it for my Kimber again. I will put it in my glock or anything else all day. But my Baby only gets what is good for her. Enjoy the new gun.
Custom Built by me AR15
Romanian AK47 G2
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBER2 View Post
Nice shooting. The Tul Ammo is harder on your extractor seeing how its a steel case instead of a brass casing. I put a box threw my Custom II and it ate it up but after cleaning was when I made my final decision of never running it for my Kimber again. I will put it in my glock or anything else all day. But my Baby only gets what is good for her. Enjoy the new gun.
Wise words indeed. Thank you, no more "big macs" for my Kimber. Only Steak!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramco View Post
Agreed on the junk ammo, along with Wolf, Tulammo, Silver Bear, Brown Bear, and all the rest of the Bear crap, as long as you don't mind supporting Russian communists. Norinco is the Chinese communists. Same crap.
Buy American. Your guns will thank you.
Ehhh... when you shoot a lot, brown bear is nice. I shoot my AR at least twice a month at about 200-300 rounds a trip and I have had only a few jams. Less than 10 jams out of over 7,000ish rounds is good for me. It's dirty ammo, yes, but at the price you can't beat it. If I bought american ammo I would need a 2nd job.