1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > The Armed Citizen

Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrod008 View Post
Send me a PM if this is something you are interested in and you want to enjoy shooting outdoors sometime, I would like to have you join me under the clear blue sky sometime.
Will do, I know he would love it!
.45 ACP : Thompson A/O, RIA, Caspian (being built).
etc., etc.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gunner View Post
Well you may have got sick but I bet the two little pos had to change their drawers.

Might be why their drawers were saggin!

I leave this rule for others when I'm dead, Be always sure you're right THEN GO AHEAD! Davy Crockett
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
Might be why their drawers were saggin!
Even if you missed them by this much with nerves of steel, it's going to catch up to you. If Panic or other emotion is allowed to take you over, you are lost.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 AM

I lived in Memfo in the 80's and was a Private Investigator for 5 years. I specialized in criminal investigation. No carry was allowed at the time but I always carried. I never had an officer say a word since I worked the "bad" sections of town a lot and a few were glad to have me around. I hear it's gotten worse since I moved away but even back then it was the wild west. I once watched a shoot out in a mall parking lot. I stood behind a crowd of "on lookers" down in the south area while bullets whined. I always figured I was safe until the first row dropped. None did and I was ok with that too.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 AM

I know you've heard it several times already, but i gotta add my "Well done Shipmate!" BZ to you! And as well for helping out with the youngin! I'm sure it blesses him immensely! My wife and I adopted a 5 y/o special needs child who was a 'normy' til her mentally I'll mother drowned her. Bringing a smile to a suffering child- well, there ain't nothing like it!

May you always be blessed with fair winds and following seas my friend!

Doc

Robert H. Bledsaw, LT, FMF/SW, USN SCC
Commanding Officer
Carson City Division/TS USS Carson City, PF 50
PSW 12.7

The Marines are looking for a few good men, and they get 'em, US Navy Corpsmen!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Sir.

Hanging with Chase has really helped me get my head right after 7 years of being an "Navy IA".

Fair winds and following sands

--
IS1 SandSquid
Saildier, a Fleet of One
OIF/OEF/OND VI - XII
.45 ACP : Thompson A/O, RIA, Caspian (being built).
etc., etc.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
Chase and I are Co-Dependent.... Our running pact when I deploy is that neither of as are allowed to die until I get home. I've known him through 5 years and as many cancers and deployments. He totally has the tougher end of the deal.

I do everything I can to help him stay motivated and wanting to live, he helps me reconnect with "polite society" and hopefully not join the Red Gun Reserves.

My wife and his Mom are really close now, and that's awesome too because she totally needs to just go out and cut loose and tear up the town, or sit on the couch and drink red wine and cry, depending upon the day or hour...

Don't tell his mom I let him take his mask off:
That post made me well up and wipe my eyes. You are a good man.

I lost a family member to a child cancer when he was about 5 or 6. It's not fair, nor the natural order of things for a parent to bury a child. and pieces of vermin like were discussing in this thread roam the streets and reproduce like rabbits. stay safe over there and i hope your young friend grows up to be a very old man.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 PM

Im happy that worked out for you. Hopefully one or both of those young scumbags comes to terms with Jesus.
Kudos to you for the St Jude effort. Its heartbreaking what those poor kids have to go through I dont have the sand to do it and I salute and thank you Sir.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:40 AM

Good looking out man.

Remington R1 1911
S&W model 360
Mossberg 500
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElToro View Post
That post made me well up and wipe my eyes. You are a good man.
I want to second the "you are a good man" motion! Very well done in both instances and my sincere compliments to you for serving both this young man and our country.

I found out many years ago that the most important word in my vocabulary is "others". It makes life rich!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM

Thank the Gods you still retain your military training. I'm sure if that would have happened to a lesser trained person it might have ended a lot differently.

-Army Vet-
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
Any time, but I generally don't frequent that range...

I've found the TWRA range on Brother Blvd. in Bartlett is less money, almost always empty, and way cleaner.
And it's always a good idea to be on friendly first name basis with your local Game Wardens...

They just don't sell ammo, but I relaod so I don't really care.

And they don't give you attitude when you pick up your own brass, in fact they require it.

I'm familiar with that range as well. I actually shoot IDPA matches there nearly every Tuesday night. Do you shoot IDPA by chance? If so, come out to the Tuesday night match if you get a chance...starts at 6pm.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM

SandSquid your picture and actions gave me the chills. I had a friend in college with cancer, when doctor asked him to start some exercise I was every day walking/jogging/playing soccer with him.
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.