1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Legal & Political News

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 AM

To BAA...........Of all the things you have stated in your many posts in this thread, the one that is so wrong I can't let it slide is " ...because I refuse to accept people on face value when I have the ability to read between the lines."

That is absurd. I reported the events of a meeting I had, and you have the ability to determine whether my account is true of false by reading between the lines. I agree with 100% it doesn't make any since that Mr Fox said what he said, but he did. I have never made any statement about what BOA's corporate policy is, all I said is what happened in the meeting. Period. As for going to a lawyer, why would I do that? They told me they don't want my business. I now don't want them to have my business, why would I want to involve a lawyer.

How many different responses have you seen from BOA. I have seen three. The first saying that my claims were false. The second said a client was making false and vicious accusations and the third said it was a misunderstanding. Who's story hasn't changed?

BTW, I am not getting rich. I have had many people say they would like to buy something, but like you the price of my product makes them unattractive. We don't have a lot of products in the "insignificantly priced" range. I have even had a few people want to buy stock in my company, alas I had to turn them down, we don't have any public shares. Believe it or it's not about the money. Do you think I would even bother with responding to posts like yours if it were just about the money. Who cares about honesty and integrity when it's all about the money?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 AM

This wasn't much of a newsworthy event to start with, but I guess it was predictable that in this forum it would start as news and then mutate into more than 100 posts. Isn't it time to close this urinary olympiad?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillan View Post
To BAA...........Of all the things you have stated in your many posts in this thread, the one that is so wrong I can't let it slide is " ...because I refuse to accept people on face value when I have the ability to read between the lines."

That is absurd. I reported the events of a meeting I had, and you have the ability to determine whether my account is true of false by reading between the lines. I agree with 100% it doesn't make any since that Mr Fox said what he said, but he did. I have never made any statement about what BOA's corporate policy is, all I said is what happened in the meeting. Period. As for going to a lawyer, why would I do that? They told me they don't want my business. I now don't want them to have my business, why would I want to involve a lawyer.

How many different responses have you seen from BOA. I have seen three. The first saying that my claims were false. The second said a client was making false and vicious accusations and the third said it was a misunderstanding. Who's story hasn't changed?

BTW, I am not getting rich. I have had many people say they would like to buy something, but like you the price of my product makes them unattractive. We don't have a lot of products in the "insignificantly priced" range. I have even had a few people want to buy stock in my company, alas I had to turn them down, we don't have any public shares. Believe it or it's not about the money. Do you think I would even bother with responding to posts like yours if it were just about the money. Who cares about honesty and integrity when it's all about the money?
Having stated the last sentence of your reply, you at least see my point. I don't know you personally but I do know your company has a big name in he sniper rifle circles.

It's not an easy task telling the difference when one company looks to be potentially politically or financially motivated when it has a big name, with lots of 2A patriots and in the middle of voting season vs. just all this happening coincidentally in this timing.

You have to realize there could be a lot of politics in any story like this during this years election cycle. That is where reading between the lines comes inyo plal.

I really wish the best of success to you and your company.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM

So has your reading between the lines ever produced any similar political shenanigans from McMillan in the past. Are you aware of us ever having been brought into any kind of controversy before. Do you recall McMillan ever taking a public stand about anything related to politics and or banking. Had you been able to then sight a single case one might say, "I read between the Lines", but since none of those things have ever happened, maybe taking things at face value is the more prudent approach.

Hey nuff said guys, I take pride in the fact I am honest. Integrity means everything to me, but I will never be able to convince everyone that this happened exactly the way I said it did so I will stop trying. For those of you who have shown their support for our second amendment rights, thank you, we need all the individuals we can get to carry the load for those who can't or won't.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillan View Post
So has your reading between the lines ever produced any similar political shenanigans from McMillan in the past. Are you aware of us ever having been brought into any kind of controversy before. Do you recall McMillan ever taking a public stand about anything related to politics and or banking. Had you been able to then sight a single case one might say, "I read between the Lines", but since none of those things have ever happened, maybe taking things at face value is the more prudent approach.

Hey nuff said guys, I take pride in the fact I am honest. Integrity means everything to me, but I will never be able to convince everyone that this happened exactly the way I said it did so I will stop trying. For those of you who have shown their support for our second amendment rights, thank you, we need all the individuals we can get to carry the load for those who can't or won't.
I believe you.

Last edited by master gunner; 04-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM

Boy what a sad thread this has degraded into. I know Kelly--have talked to him on the phone more than once and met him face to face discussing him wanting me to test one of his long range rifles. To say he is a stand up guy is an understatement and if you know anything of his father or the company he founded you would not be making the comments that you have.

Have many rifles built on his products and know people who are stalwarts in the industry that hold Kelly as well as his company in the highest regard....

David
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
This wasn't much of a newsworthy event to start with, but I guess it was predictable that in this forum it would start as news and then mutate into more than 100 posts. Isn't it time to close this urinary olympiad?

This ^^
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA View Post
You have to realize there could be a lot of politics in any story like this during this years election cycle. That is where reading between the lines comes inyo plal.
Way to dodge every question put you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA
McMillan is making a killing off of this pubilcity and people are falling for it like its a fact of God.
Show me YOUR facts. Show me even one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA
I guess you fail to realize many well intentioned suckers...err...people have closed their BoA accounts and made orders with McMillan in response just to show support for a company that got jerked around by 'the man'.
How many have done that? Please cite a number and a source.

Your trolling of this thread is, IMO, reprehensible.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Having extensive use in Kellys products, I have used them in combat and in LE. That stated Mcmillans standards are high and are represented in the highest of standards. Every election year the same bulls*** comes up. Do i think our rights are being taken from us as citizens day after day?YES. Its been happening and Joe public lets it happen every single day without understanding the ramifications. However , you keep doing what your doing Kelly. Keep up the good work. 1*
S/A 1911-A1 "Ultra Compact" {Load'd & Mod'd}-S/A 1911-A1 MilSpec {Mod'd}-S/A XD.40s&w (Svc), Glock-19&21, S&W Model 41&22-A, Beretta .22, S&W M&P .223&15-22, Savage 10FCE .308, Mossberg 500-A(Tac).12ga.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSI View Post
Fee's just don't show up, they are all automated and part of the terms/conditions of your account(managing a bank for a few years I can tell you we are more inclined to reverse charges when the customer is polite). If there is one thing that I have learned is that people are very sensitive when it comes to their money, its about the first thing you are told/taught when you get into banking.

All of these terms and conditions are clearly written up and stated before you sign anything.
This is at least a little disingenuous.

The terms are subject to change whenever the bank wants to pull in some extra money after notifying the account holders.

The only 'out' is usually to close the account.

I have had numerous 'no fee' accounts be amended to start charging fees, or raising the fees.

I almost always close the account at the first notice of a fee or fee increase.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
How in the world is this not newsworthy? He's being persecuted for being pro-2A! Though I do agree that this thread has degraded somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gunner View Post
I believe you.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horoscope Fish View Post
Your trolling of this thread is, IMO, reprehensible.
Amen - he's been giving me a headache.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post

I have had numerous 'no fee' accounts be amended to start charging fees, or raising the fees.

I almost always close the account at the first notice of a fee or fee increase.
Abolishing Free checking was federally mandated decision, there is nothing any bank can do. Establishing minimum balances are the banks ways of getting around these mandates. Any change made to an account had to be made aware to the account holder, if you choose to read the information your bank sends you is another story. NO BANK CAN OFFER TOTALLY FREE CHECKING, read the fine print, there is always a stipulation.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Now that this has gone way off topic, it's closed.

I am inclined to believe Kelly McMillan. There is no way his company can benefit from lying about this. It's not like we can all go out and buy his product. Most of us cannot afford it. I certainly can't.

Those that know him consider him to be an honorable man. As far as I can tell, Bank of America doesn't fall into that category, though I am sure the vast majority of the people that work for them are decent people.

Robert