1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Ammo Can

Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert101 View Post
I prefer the 175 grain Silvertips. I don't agree that the 45 Automatic is near or better than the 10MM. The 10MM is far superior to the good ole 45 in barrier penetration.
In what sense?It may have some advantages,but I would say far superior to be reaching.Even the FBI's own tests did not bear this out.It is a little better at barrier but not that much,have you tested them side by side yet.

Last edited by supervel; 04-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM

I still have and find occasionally Black Talons 200 Gr and carry those. I also like the Double Tap Bonded 165 or 180. Underwood has a nice load to using the Speer Gold Dots.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:55 PM

Location: The People's Republic of Illinois, most corrupt state in the Union.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervel View Post
In what sense?It may have some advantages,but I would say far superior to be reaching.Even the FBI's own tests did not bear this out.It is a little better at barrier but not that much,have you tested them side by side yet.
Yeah, I don't buy 'far superior' either. I've seen .357 Mag 158 gr. JHP bounce off of windshields without holing the glass at all. Never seen a .45 do that, even with plain old ball 230 gr.

There has to be a reason why most of the special operators in the military want a .45 when they're going into Indian Country. You'd think after all the years of trying to come up with an adequate sub-.45 round that worked as well all around as the .45 -- and not succeeding -- they'd quite blowing that particular horn.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice - Barry Goldwater
When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty - Thomas Jefferson