1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > The Armed Citizen

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Shirtless CCW holder saves..... moped

http://now.msn.com/now/0414-shirtless-gun-battle.aspx
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM

This guy is lucky he was not killed in the first few moments of the confrontation, the way the perp was waving his gun around i'm surprised he waited as long as he did to shoot.

Join my monthly competition. See your Final placement in the July competition. Pictures from past competitions can be found here.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Administrator

I suspect that was a pellet gun that the perp used. He spent a lot of time threatening with it, but not actually using it. When he finally did the shirtless victim appeared hurt, but after a few moments got back up and resumed struggling with him, after chasing off the perp he again acted like his leg was hurt.

Not a video showing the best tactical sense, but it's still nice to see the good guy prevailed.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 AM

It’s too bad the BG was not caught so we could find out for sure what type of weapon the BG used, it certainly looks like a long barreled revolver of some type, and maybe it was a pellet gun of some kind judging by the recoil and lack of blood on the pant leg. Nevertheless it’s good to see that the BG did not get the moped and the other guy was not seriously harmed. Chalk one more up for the good guys.

Join my monthly competition. See your Final placement in the July competition. Pictures from past competitions can be found here.

Last edited by EMorr; 04-15-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: re-watched the video
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 AM

And he was wearing.... a hoodie...

of course, that means nothing...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Chuck Norris "esque" conclusion.....Really? I don't think Chuck should be mentioned anywhere in the article!

Let the idiot take the scooter, if ya notice he didn't even know how to get it started. The moped isn't worth your life or the civil suit...
Proverbs 29:10 Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post
And he was wearing.... a hoodie...

of course, that means nothing...
He was a nice young man. (shows a picture over 5 years old.) I couldn't tell but he had kinda a dark tan too. I'm not white so I'm gonna play the race card.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
He was a nice young man. (shows a picture over 5 years old.) I couldn't tell but he had kinda a dark tan too. I'm not white so I'm gonna play the race card.
Yeah but lord help that CHL holder because he was about as white as they come. It doesn't matter if the perp was 1/100th minority, it'd come up if there was a Caucasian behind the trigger.

That being said, I thought the gun might've been a pellet gun, but it also looked like it could've been a Walther P22 with one of the faux suppressors. It looked like it had an unusually longer barrel, but that could've just been me.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM

I never say "I woulda..." but in this case I'll make an exception to my rule.

I woulda climbed all over that kid and stomped him flat fast - the defender needed to stop pussyfooting around. The kid saw it and carried on doing his thing - bloody cheek.

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM

The shirtless guy who I would dare call just plain DUMB is lucky to still be alive. Draw gun first, ask questions LATER. Don't wait for the perp to bring out his own weapon because at that point you lose the advantage of he who has the gun out first.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Okay, I'm a little lost here... did shirtless guy draw and fire after the perp started running away?

My computer is really slow so I'm probably missing the draw in the video.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 PM

shirtless guy is obscured by the fence
Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 PM

But, is that when he draws? It looks to me like the hoodie guy is running away when shirtless guy fires. If so, then that is messed up!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:41 AM

What I saw was the BG took off after shooting what seemed to be a pellet gun at the CCW holder. After the CCW holder died and was resurrected from the fatal leg pellet shot, he waited for the BG to turn tail and run before firing six shots at him. If you look between the fence you can clearly see recoil form the six rounds fired. I'm glad no one was seriously injured, but if I were the CCW holder I would have had that little (what looked like) .380 out and on target so fast he would have had no choice but to leave us all alone.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 AM

Shirtless man defending moped......there has got to be a jeff foxworthy joke in there somewhere.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM

While a moped is, IMO, a worthwhile object for which to put one's life on the line, in my state, they would have me up on murder charges for firing after the perp was leaving.

"died and was resurrected" !

I think Foxworthy might say to both of them, "Here's your sign."
Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM

It looked to me like a moped jacking so i think deadly force would be allowed.But ya i would have had my SR40c on him when he first got on the moped and then ask questions. Anymore its like if its wearing a hoodie then its time to at least keep the pistol grip warm..JMO
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM

When you have a real gun you can carjack.
When you only have a pelletgun you mopedjack.

Seems reasonable.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM

In my state, I don't think that would've been kosher as the guy was leaving. Almost any time before, it would've been justifiable. However, if hoodie guy turned while off camera and shirtless guy felt threatened, given the previous actions, he'd probably been okay in my state. IANAL

lol @ magazineman
Old 07-07-2012, 12:47 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCESWITHGUNS View Post
Let the idiot take the scooter, if ya notice he didn't even know how to get it started. The moped isn't worth your life or the civil suit...
I take it that you never fought tooth&nail for what little you were able to get growing up?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:51 PM

If you have a CLUB on your Moped, You might be a REDneck.

If you have a GUNRACK on your Moped, You might be a REDneck.

If you have a Spit Cup Holder and a Racoon Tail on your Moped, You Might be a REDneck!

And "Here's Your Sign" is Bill Engvall, but yeah, I'd bet he'd enjoy doing something with this....

Not to mention what Larry or Ron might say.

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".
Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Okay guys, the thread was revived from the dead, and now we're just getting silly.

Closed.

Robert