1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM

Gold bead w/ tritium rear

I have the tritium night sights on my Tac Elite and am thinking about going to a gold bead on the front and leaving the u-notch night sight on the rear. Is this advisable and any thoughts from anyone that may have done this already? I really love the gold bead and how it picks up quicker than the night sight on the front. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM

Consider certain dark lighting conditions whether your eyes will focus on the "lighted" rear end.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Average Moderator

I would never have tritium on the rear sight w/o tritium on the front sight.
Tritium just on the front would be fine.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 AM

I echo what the others said. I have a tough enough time with tritium front and rear. I still tend to focus on the rear first and then re focus on the front. I much prefer optic or tritium front with plain rear. It just helps me to acquire and hold focus on my target quicker and more consistently.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM

I want my front and rear sights to work together as a combined functional unit or team. If one is designed primary for general lighting conditions (assuming some light) and the other is designed for darkness, I wouldn't think this would be good combined functional unit.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM

I have a gold bead front site on back order from Wilson for my CQB elite. I am color blind on green and red and the fiber optic front does not work at all for me.
I called Novak and the guy said send it in as it was no problem putting theirs on. When I called back the next guy said theirs would not fit a Wilson so I am waiting.