1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Competitive Shooting

Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 PM

First USPSA single stack match, how'd I do?? Results.

Hey Everyone,

My gf and I competed in our first competition today, USPSA.

I shot single stack with my SA TRP, she shot with her XDm9 in limited.

We both have never shot a competition before, so please go easy.

I will post pics up as they emerge, don't have any as of yet. We weren't sure on bringing a camera, so all the pics I will have to get from the RO.

Here are my results

OVERALL of 9 shooters
5th place, major PF. Points: 246.2541 68.09%

Stage 1
5th place Points: 73 Penalty: 20 Time: 27.95 Hit factor: 1.8962 Stage points: 27.2633 34.08%

Stage 2
5th place, points: 105 penalty:0 Time: 26.82 HF: 3.9150 Stage pts:76.2823 63.57%

Stage 3
3rd place, points:66 penalty:0 Time:24.49 HF:2.6950 Stg pts: 45.1564 64.51%

Stage 4
4th place, points: 121 penalty:0 Time: 26.39 HF: 4.5851 Stg pts: 97.5521 75.04%

I'm not sure if some more experienced members can analyze that given just the numbers, I know it's ambiguous not seeing the stages, but overall we had a fantastic time and will be going back for sure. The only problem is it left me wanting more, I just wanted to keep shooting lol.

I thought it was "okay" for my first time out, I was no where near the fastest, but still had fun. I was also the youngest guy there by 10+ years, so my plan was make up for lost shots with quick feet !
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Banned

What class was the #1 person in?

Mike.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 AM

USPSA scoring

Mike brings up a good question, since the scoring per centage for hit factor is based on the top scores. If there were only 20 competitors in the single stack division, with 5 C Class and the rest D Class and unclassified, this would make a difference in the overall stage per centage for your shooting.

The best way to determine your current shooting ability is to shoot Classifier matches, which are based against Master Class scores previously fired.

It looks to me like you did very well for a first time shooter, and the good thing is it sounds like you enjoyed it! I hope your GF enjoyed it also.....then you can teach her how to reload so she can make all your ammo!

Last edited by richpetrone; 04-16-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM

I don't think we have sharpshooters and marksmen in USPSA.

Looks like a good result to me.

If not for those 2 penalties on stage one you'd be even higher.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM

USPSA shooter classifications

Quote:
I don't think we have sharpshooters and marksmen in USPSA.
Oops....I wrote IDPA classifications.....I edited the post to show C class and D class shooters....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Was there a "classifier" stage at your match? That's how you tell how well you did compared to the rest of the USPSA community.

But for a first match, the main goal is to have fun -sounds like that was accomplished, and if you're going back for another match it sounds like your club did well to make your first experience a good one. Well done to all!

My first match: my main goal was not to get yelled at (DQ'd for a safety violation), and to have fun. For my second match I added: don't come in last.

Welcome to the addiction!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 AM

scoring

Have fun?
No injuries?
Not DQ'd?

You did GREAT!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpetrone View Post
Mike brings up a good question, since the scoring per centage for hit factor is based on the top scores. If there were only 20 competitors in the single stack division, with 5 C Class and the rest D Class and unclassified, this would make a difference in the overall stage per centage for your shooting.

The best way to determine your current shooting ability is to shoot Classifier matches, which are based against Master Class scores previously fired.

It looks to me like you did very well for a first time shooter, and the good thing is it sounds like you enjoyed it! I hope your GF enjoyed it also.....then you can teach her how to reload so she can make all your ammo!

She sits and puts the cases into the Dillon 550b while I reload, like getting a casefeeder for free !
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MoreChains View Post
Was there a "classifier" stage at your match? That's how you tell how well you did compared to the rest of the USPSA community.

But for a first match, the main goal is to have fun -sounds like that was accomplished, and if you're going back for another match it sounds like your club did well to make your first experience a good one. Well done to all!

My first match: my main goal was not to get yelled at (DQ'd for a safety violation), and to have fun. For my second match I added: don't come in last.

Welcome to the addiction!
And what an addiction this is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESHOOT2 View Post
Have fun?
No injuries?
Not DQ'd?

You did GREAT!!!
thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM

did you have fun ? were you satisfied with how you did ? then you did great !!!!!!!!!!!