1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Blade Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 AM

Knife for Groomsman Gifts

I am looking for your advice:

I am getting married in June and loooking for possibily a nice knife to give to my groomsmen.

Looking for a EDC (not too small, not too big) that I can possilby engrave. Maybe in the $100 range?

if you can think of anything cool that is a nice gift, let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Ed Brown SF 1911 5in & 4.25in
Smith and Wesson M&P Pro .40SW
Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 AM

I had the same thought but ended up getting them all an engraved Leatherman multi-tool. Most use them everyday too.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Six years ago I did the same thing. This is the one I picked, but I got it at a local Jewelry store and they cut the price (105.00 if my memory is right) since I needed seven of them. I only regret I didn't get one for myself as well! http://www.swissknivesexpress.com/swisarclassi.html
BTW congrats on getting married.
~Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Do he have a 1911 pistol? If he does here is two great gift idea's. One can take full size grip 1911 panel's and the other officer size. $109 and $105. I want one also but haven't bought one yet.
http://ultimate-equipmentstore.com/uf19-slgb-440c.html
http://ultimate-equipmentstore.com/uf19-clgb-440c.html
http://www.ultimate-equipment.com/

Last edited by Runt7680; 04-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM

I sure like my Kershaw Speedsafe for EDC. Mine is the laminated blade model and is about $60 new. The other side has a nice blank area on the body of the knife that could be engraved. Good Luck.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 PM

In our family we have several Benchmade Griptilians, both large and Mini style, all get used daily not just carried. Right now there are some deals on plain Grip Mini models for about $66. however, on the BM website you can order the Mini in colors of choice, blade type and other personal selections to include engraving of choice. Here is mine, no engraving but with D2 steel and tan grip.

GC45

Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Make some custom Buck 110s on their website. They look amazing, but can be somewhat on the heavy side.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM

Any Benchmade or any metal Spyderco, but the Leatherman (Wave) is not a bad idea either...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM

I gave my groomsmen Engraved Kershaw Leek's when i got married, carry mine everyday and know most of them do too, they are very similar to the above posted Kershaw
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 AM

All excellent advice. I will be investgating all of them and picking one soon.

thanks again for the input.

Ed Brown SF 1911 5in & 4.25in
Smith and Wesson M&P Pro .40SW
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustrtal View Post
I sure like my Kershaw Speedsafe for EDC. Mine is the laminated blade model and is about $60 new. The other side has a nice blank area on the body of the knife that could be engraved. Good Luck.

These are beautiful, heavy duty, fast. I've carried one for years. EDC. Easy because they are thin. Your friends will remember you for this one!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 AM

I have one brother and I'm 9 years older. So as you can imagine I half raised him and he means the world to me. He's 31 now and I could slap that wife of his, but I love him. LOL!

When he got married he bought us Swiss Army knives. They were the $50 range versions, but I've cherished it and carried it for 5 years now.

Brad
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Been best man 3 times, and grooms man once. All 4 times we got bottles of tequila, which were consumed at the wedding. Along with that, one of the guys gave us a beer glass with our name and soccer jersey # engraved.
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 AM

I received a nice Spyderco for one groomsmen gift, and a handmade knife for another (local knifemaker). Love them both. I gave firearms, but that's just how I roll...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM

With that budget you're set! I would say go with a gentlemen folder with smaller blade to facilitate EDC. For the value I would say a Delicate or maybe a Mel Pardue Axis lock setup from Benchmade. CRKT had some nice 'Tighe' pieces as well.

I agree that a good Leatherman rocks and likely be used for a lifetime!

God Bless the Men & Women of our country's Armed Forces.