1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Fusion Firearms

Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM

New .40S&W Commander Build

Well, I did it! I ordered my .40 commander slide frame and barrel. I can't wait to get it. I will be documenting this build here so hopefully it will have some entertainment value. Bob was very helpful, those guys at Fusion understand customer service. I will start posting pics as soon as the main parts get in.
Rick
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM

Hey Rick. Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy the journey of the build and just remember it's supposed to be fun!

C
Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 PM

Last edited by rikracer; 04-14-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 PM

So the frame and slide have arrived! fit is great, very smooth and zero slop. I got the frame slide and barrel from Bob, with the ramped barrel fitted. The frame and slide arrived in stainless so I made a few adjustments to my parts orders to have a uniform look. Here are some pics of the frame and slide as they came.

In thefollowing pictures I ball milled the top of the slide, ball cut the sides and beveled the bottom. I then bead blasted it and polished the sides a little to get a feel for how much it is going to take to get it where I want it.