1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Hello

Hi!

I am glad to have found a forum where I can learn more about pistols particularly the 1911. While I am a newbie to the forum I am not entirely new to firearms.

I got my start early as I would admire the various weapons my father would acquire and own. While he has disposed of all his weapons years ago, I still have an old colt 22 magnum trail gun he bought sometime back in the late 1960s.

I really started off my interest with competing in collegiate precision air rifle competitions and eventually learned to fire a 1911 under the guidance of my shooting coach.

After I started working, I bought a couple of 9mm semi-auto pistols partly because at the time civilians were not permitted to own a .45 caliber firearm. After a long break from shooting, I took it up again (thankfully gun laws in my country have changed and a civilian can now even own full auto 5.56 or 7.62 caliber rifles). So just two weeks ago, I purchased myself my first 1911 pistol. In taking up the hobby anew, I started brushing up and reading and turned to this forum for more information. This helps me pass the time as I await the issuance of my carry permits so I can go to the range and break-in my pistol.

Anyway, I'm glad to learn more as I intend to resume shooting more actively again and even acquire a few more 1911s real soon to add to my collection.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Welcome Kuya!

Bushmaster ORC in 5.56, DPMS Panther Bull 20 in .223, Citadel 1911FS in 45ACP, Rock Island Armory 1911FS in 9mm, M&P FS in 9mm, S&W 22A in 22LR
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM

Hello locsmb and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Welcome aboard my friend.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM

This is a perfect place to learn about the 1911. All you have to do is ask.

Welcome,

Grumpy

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."