1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 09-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Ordering parts for your HI POWER or clone $$$$$

Here's an important heads up, if you need to order parts for your browning high power or clone . Order them direct from browning parts dept. they are sold below dealer cost at other suppliers and Browning sells at retail. I contacted 2 of the big suppliers, we all know their names. The parts at these places were marked up 100-200% higher than brownings retail cost to customers. I needed some roll pins and retail at browning was $1.25 each and the other guys wanted about $4 dealer for each pin. I then checked price on a new adjustable sight slide in blue from browning and they told me $423 retail. I then called the biggest supplier and they told me about $725 retail and about $625 dealer. Something is very wrong here.

Note! Steve please sticky this message it will save members alot of money on parts for their Hi Powers.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Web address for Browning Parts:

http://www.browning.com/customerserv...ices/index.asp
Old 12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

Unless things have changed, Browning is somewhat unique in their marketing as to pricing. They have wholesale and retail. Most other manufacturers also have distributor price. Browning is dealer direct with a sliding price scale. If Browning only has one price for parts as opposed to two prices for complete units that would account for some of the difference. How much of the rest of the difference is the cost of keeping inventories and how much is greed, only the shadow knows. Having contemplated building an hp I experienced some of this sticker shock myself. Just off the browning parts price list if you buy a slide, a barrel and a slide stop you are about at the price of a complete gun. Ouch!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM

great service

I needed a firing pin retaining plate for my BHP. Since I was ordering from the Browning parts outlet I added two firing pin springs and two recoil springs. Everything came in ten days and it could have been faster but I sent my check and order form by snail mail as I do not have a FAX machine and the museum will not let me use the one they have on display.

I am pleased and it is off to the range ASAP
Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks for reminding me. This is the second time I have to order the recoil spring guide rod assembly because I keep inserting it upside down and chewing it up. Browning price $23.75. Brownells $37 and Midway $32.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 PM

Heads-Up

Numrich now has all the FEG made Hi-Power parts that they purchased from Charles Daly available on their web site ---> http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Just picked up a barrel and slide release for my 1991 FEG / K.B.I for $100 shppied.

Search manufacturers > Charles Daly or Kassnar (K.B.I.) > auto pistols > PJK-9HP.

Since FEG made about 4 different models of pistols that Kassnar / K.B.I. sold under the single model designation of PJK-9HP, I used PayPee's excellent article "Decoding the FEG Hi-Power" to ensure that I ordered the right parts. http://feghp.blogspot.com/2010/02/de...-hi-power.html

I sent some of PayPee's info to Numrich with my order and they were very accommodating.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:17 PM

THANK YOU, Boss302!

I've beening looking for a replacement barrel for yrs!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Dang,

Out of barrels!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW1 View Post
Dang,

Out of barrels!
I noticed that as well.

The barrel I received the other day was crap (must have been the last one they had). It had a huge ding in the feed ramp and looked like it had spent a couple years tumbling around in clothes dryer full of nuts and bolts. Sent it back for a refund. The slide release I got was like new and dropped right in my FEG PJK-9HP.

Last edited by Boss302; 04-28-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 PM

hi power bbl

I have a Hi Power Bbl in 9mm very good condition. can e mail photo. Paul
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Hi Power Barrel

I am very interested to know if you still have that barrel for sale?
Thank you,
Dustin
Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 PM

This thread really saved me some cash! I ordered about $200 worth of parts that came to a total of $140 through Browning. The only issue I had was that they were a little rough to deal with on the phone, shipped extremely slow, and sent a blued hammer when I requested chrome. Still, for the price I'd say this is the way to go.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM

gun parts have the HP barrels back in stock for 74.25

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...02550C&catid=0

these are the barrels for the hi-power feg clones (not the double action pr9 models)
Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM

I recently ordered several recoil springs, an extractor, a firing pin retaining plate, and various and other sundry assorted pins and springs for my Mk III .40 Hi Power directly from Browning Parts. They were extremely helpful, and shipping was prompt. On arrival, the parts were in individual labeled kraft envelopes.

It can help if when you order you have the Browning Parts Sheet in front of you so that you can double-check with the Parts person with whom your conversing, verifying the part and part number.

As has been previously mentioned, the pricing was excellent. I also like the reassurance of getting the CORRECT recoil spring weight (the 20 lb ones) I've previously had some suspicions that the same springs from "aftermarket manufacturer B" were merely the 9mm ones...(and trust me, when installing the 20 pound one, you'll know that it's 20 lbs...)

Best, Jon
Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 PM

It doesn't look like Browning has the schematic up for the BHP. Anyone know where I can source a trigger pivot pin?
Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Call Browning USA

(800) 322-4626

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 AM

I sent in an order to Browning about two weeks ago for some sear pins and recoil springs. I called the parts department on Friday to ask if they had received my order. The lady who answered seemed surprised my things hadn't shipped yet, and after some detective work told me both parts were out of stock. She said they'd get a big parts shipment in at the end of February or beginning of March, and hopefully that shipment includes sear pins and recoil springs. Otherwise, I could be in for a very long wait... and it seems like everyone else is sold out of sear pins, too (I ordered the recoil springs to round out the order; the sear pins are what I really need). I can't complain about Browning, though. I'd definitely recommend going this route.
Con Libertad, my new Spanish-language RKBA blog
Old 06-10-2014, 03:45 PM

Is it just me, or is there no parts list for the Hi-Power on the Browning parts link?
Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 PM

I saw the same thing recently. It might be best to confirm with a phone call.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 AM

They told me my parts ordered in Feb would get here in August. Maybe they pulled the list until they have parts available... ?
Con Libertad, my new Spanish-language RKBA blog