1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Caspian Arms

Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Help with new Caspian build

So I just got an update that my Ti frame is in, and the machining on the Damascus slide will be starting shortly, completion somewhere around 3-8 weeks. Just looking for some opinions on components for this build. I've got two other 1911's (both 10mm as this one will be) , a Delta Elite and a Fusion Scout both with Ed Brown and Wilson components. My 1911's are more collectables, I don't carry them and only shoot them maybe once a month. With the Ti frame and the damascus I want this one to be really tricked out. I'm not huge into all the custom components that are out there so I'm just looking for suggestions.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Schuemann Ultimatch AET barrel. The 10mm Ted Yost made for me years ago had one and even he sort of stunned by how good it was.

If I was starting over I'd probably spec a Harrison Design trigger. I'd rather not have serrations OR the little overtravel screw all the other triggers seem to have. I like the look of their sights too but I've never tried them myself.

Oh, and an EGW oversized FP stop. Always a good idea, especially for a high pressure cartridge like 10mm.

Other than that it's hard to go wrong with Caspian or the other usual suspects (Brown, Wilson, Cylinder & Slide, etc.)

Last edited by CastleBravo; 03-28-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM

Personally I like kart barrels, I have a kart, schuemenn, Wilson, Baer, colt and a nowlin. The kart is excellent, though they all are good. Least favorite is the Wilson, even the colts is a fine shooter.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Well here is my short list so far. Nothing is written in stone though.

Sights: Novak night
Hammer: Caspian Damascus
MSH: Caspian Damascus
Magwell: Wilson , jeweled
Trigger: Caspian Damascus
Barrel: Nowlin ramped bull barrel beveled, jeweled hood, fluted barrel and hood.
Guide Rod: Gemini custom fluted full length
Grip Safety: Caspian

Haven't decided on slide lock, safety, and mag release.. either Wilson ,Ed Brown, D&L Custom , Baer ... or open to suggestions. Small parts EGW or SVI, or open to suggestion. I actually have been talking with a blacksmith/knife maker on making a slide stop, mag release and thumb safety out of damascus, that depends on cost.