1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51 PM

Rcp II

I have been on a wait for this since november and picked it up this weekend.
Own several other Kimber 45's and this is my first ultra.
It will be a couple weeks before I can go shoot it, little muddy here and got some other projects going on. So first thing I have done is read everything.
And tear the gun down and give it a good cleaning and lube. Plus got to check out the gun a little better too. I like the look of the finish on this gun, at first you would think it is black, but it is a very slight two tone, the frame is grey, but to me almost looks like it has a green tone to it. Have to be up close and in good light to see this, otherwise it just looks like a black gun. I have worked the slide a bunch and dry fired it, trigger does have a bit of creep, then drops hammer.
I will see if that breaks in better with time and shooting, if not I will clean it up.
I have given this gun a good looking over while cleaning it and found something I think very odd. Gun comes with thin red wood grips with three ball mill cuts for traction in them. I have ordered black VZ's for it, but the odd thing is the right grip panel is cut for an ambi safety. All the Kimbers I have ever dealt with do not need this cut for the ambi safety.

Everything seems to function nice on it, will tell you more after I get out and launch some lead thru it. See what I can hit with the minimalist sight groove on it.

Gary