1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM

New from Wisconsin

Hi Guys,

I joined the Forum just a few days ago. I am a bit technologically challenged when it come top computers but am trying. I've been a lover of 1911s since my days in the Army 30 yeras ago. I just got a hold of a Springfield Range Officer and Coly (100th Ann) Gold Cup. Breakin' them in the last few days and enjoying every minute of it.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Northward Welcome

Glad you joined! Were to you shoot?
"Those who trade liberty for security have neither"
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the forum cheesehead!!
We may part ways during football season but we share a similar love in handguns.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcome. Shooting, for me, has been largely exercises in target practice. I have shot bullseye and IDPA occasionally at local ranges. Most recently I discovered the range at Schultz's Shooting Center in Muskego, WI. It is an outdoor range with very simple accomodations. The Club members are quite nice and helpful. Otherwise I like to take shooting instruction and am signed up for a defensive pistol course later in April. Training and safety are very important to me. I also have a small shooting range of my own on some property "up north"... bowling pins, steel plates and IDPA style targets. Lots of family fun.

I look forward to many discussions and 1911 related topics.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM

Any 1911 or firearms topics are welcome and this place is a wealth of information. Don't be a stranger, ask plenty of questions, and feel free to pass along your experiences and knowledge.

I promise I will hold off any Packer comments if you stay away from comments about Da Bears.

Welcome aboard.
Grumpy

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM

No packers worries...

Thanks fo rthe encouragement to post and ask questions. I am trying to check the forum ecvery couple of days. No worries about the Packers and Da Bears...not much of a football fan.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM

I live near janesville, and theres a nice indoor range in deerfield!